Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: So when Dwight does this, it's a block. But when McGee does it, it's a goaltend

Dwights been getting away with goaltends for years.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #17
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: So when Dwight does this, it's a block. But when McGee does it, it's a goaltend

That's ridiculous. The dancing is worse. He knows he goaltended it, don't celebrate you tosser.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #18
KungFuJoe
Local High School Star

KungFuJoe has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
That's ridiculous. The dancing is worse. He knows he goaltended it, don't celebrate you tosser.

Does he? From our view its obvious but from the shot blocker he probably thought it was legit.
KungFuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
Does he? From our view its obvious but from the shot blocker he probably thought it was legit.

I've goaltended plenty of shots, trust me you know.
On one that obvious, you definitely know.
You can feel the ball pressure coming down as you hit it.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #20
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #21
KungFuJoe
Local High School Star

KungFuJoe has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
I've goaltended plenty of shots, trust me you know.
On one that obvious, you definitely know.
You can feel the ball pressure coming down as you hit it.

Lol. Ball pressure? I believe the pressure from a nerf ball feels dramatically different than that of a basketball.
KungFuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #22
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Lol. Ball pressure? I believe the pressure from a nerf ball feels dramatically different than that of a basketball.

What are you talking about? I played power forward at a decent standard. Shot blocking was my best skill. When the ball is in the air and on its descent, it feels different when you hit it away then what it does on its ascent. Physics. Especially if you spike it up as Dwight did.
Not my problem if your 5'8 in your high heels on Saturday night. I'm just talking from experience. You watch the ball out of the hand, you can actually see it come down as well, even front on.
Dwight 100 PERCENT knows he goaltended it.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #23
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #24
kurple
NBA All-star

kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
Not as obvious as that one but it's similar to this one from this season (#1 on Shaqtin' a fool):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C30LY-XzrM
this

mcgee could be dpoy if he got dwights wistle
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #25
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
Not as obvious as that one but it's similar to this one from this season (#1 on Shaqtin' a fool):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C30LY-XzrM
I think it's a clean block.
I don't think Dwight's reputation (if he has any) helps him getting away from goaltending. But Magee's definitely gets him more calls.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #26
DDensity
I hit open 5-footers

DDensity has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
That goaltend is nothing like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neBcgAnkpsE

McGee Washington highlights never get old.
DDensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #27
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey

SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #28
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That wasn't the only "LAL non-call" that night It's something you have to get used to as an NBA fan despite it being irritating as shit.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #29
Jameerthefear
C/O 2016 <3 Manaka

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Damn.
Jameerthefear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #30
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
well said
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: