Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-17-2012, 05:36 AM   #1
andremiller07
#Dre Day in Sac Town

Default Sac Kings....sigh

I for the life of me can't understand how any coach or organisation can think a starting line up of Evans, Cousins, James Johnson, Thomas and JT can ever work . You have 4 guys who can't play without the ball in there hands and other than JT have no idea how to move without the ball. On top of that other than Isiaih you have 4 below avg shooters which masscars floor spacing.

What this results in:
.The most piss weak half court offense in the NBA

.Evans and Cousins iso plays are completely useless every team just clogs the paint resulting in terrible shots (Cousins 40% from the field, terrible) and offensive fouls (Evans has picked up plenty) when your teams 2 best players have played 3 good games combined thats a worry.

.Other than Cousins the whole team defensive rebounding completely sucks

.Opposing PG's just have career nights on the regular against the kings

The Possible Solution (assuming no trades)

.START MARUCS THORNTON hes the only good shooter whose athletic and is the one of the best at moving without the ball in the NBA which will provide floor spacing and better movement

.Move Tyreke (to play the James Harden OKC role) and JT (best shooting kings big) to the bench this will allow for Tyreke to dominate the ball and you can surrond him with the likes of Jimmer, Brooks, Garcia and JT to spread the floor which will ethier mean a open lane or open shots

.Start Chuck Hayes you than have your 2 best big passers and your defence just gets much better and another guy who can play without the ball.

What this will result in is you will have floor spacers on both units as well as allowing Tyreke to play his natural game and have far better chemistry. If the season keeps going the way it is than Keith won't be looking Smart anytime soon.

Last edited by andremiller07 : 11-17-2012 at 05:50 AM.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

Default Re: Sac Kings....sigh

Will tyreke be happy playing the 6th man role though?
PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
andremiller07
#Dre Day in Sac Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
Will tyreke be happy playing the 6th man role though?

Well it couldn't get much worse than it is now hes looks so lost without the ball in his hands, the only time he looks good is flying on the break, I couldn't see why him having more of the ball when hes on the court wouldn't be fine with him.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

The team is so badly assembled. Someone needs to be traded.

I don't see the hype around Thomas, I would ship him out and get a PG who can defend. Tyreke has to have the ball to be successful so surround him with more shooters.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
Whoah10115
Linja Status

They have good pieces, but they have to start moving them accordingly.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
BlackVVaves
College superstar

Is their offense that bad? Few times I've seen them, it appeared they were executing the Triangle offense. Are their players just not buying in?
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
demons2005
Local High School Star

Sorry but I have to laugh a little at this thread. I was blasted at the beginning of the year just for saying that James Johnson was the worst starter in NBA history and now I'm proved right

The best player on the Kings is Marcus Thornton they just need to give him more minutes and let him do his thing.
demons2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

I thought tyreke was gonna be a superstar in the league after his freshman year, guy plays with that street hunger and nastiness but nagging injuries and badly constructed supporting cast keeping him down.
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Is their offense that bad? Few times I've seen them, it appeared they were executing the Triangle offense. Are their players just not buying in?

You know what...I haven't watched them much this year, but the triangle sounds ideal for them.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 11-17-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #10
icewill36
Local High School Star

wtf happened to tyreke evans ? he was such a beast his rookie year and seems to have regressed so much its painful to see.
icewill36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
chocolatethunder
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewill36
wtf happened to tyreke evans ? he was such a beast his rookie year and seems to have regressed so much its painful to see.
He was a ball dominating shot jacker who was given the green light to do whatever he wanted. They were a terrible team w/no good players. Now he's on a team w at least one decent player and he's exposed. He can't shoot, his dribble is weak and he's just not that good. He hasn't regressed at all, he's the exact same player he was as a rookie. If this dude was white or asian everyone would be running him outta the league. I'm going to have to suffer through ten more years of this guy's shitty career while everyone rambles on about his "potential". Straight up, the dude is just not that good. Nothing happened to him at all.
chocolatethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
Phantom_Blue
Dunking on everybody in the park

Supposedly Chuckwagon called a players only meeting, calling out pretty much everyone, saying you can't use the "young" excuse after you've been in the league a couple years.

Next game should be interesting, although I feel bad for Hayes, must be getting tired of wasting his prime babysitting these guys, only solace for him is that he's close to home.

Kings need to unload 2 of Thornton/Brooks/Fredette/Salmons/Evans, and try to get a pass first point guard, or at least one that defends. I would deal with Utah and try to get Millsap & Burks for a combo of players, Utah needs a 2.
Phantom_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #13
Levity
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Blue
Kings need to unload 2 of Thornton/Brooks/Fredette/Salmons/Evans, and try to get a pass first point guard, or at least one that defends. I would deal with Utah and try to get Millsap & Burks for a combo of players, Utah needs a 2.

Kings should look into moving Tyreke for Calderon.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz | Utes | Raiders

They need to get rid of Tyreke.

Keep Thornton, Cousins, T-Rob, everyone else can be shipped out. They need some vets to build around Cousins and Robinson in the backcourt. I've always liked Thornton's game.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #15
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

I thought Chuck to Sactown was beautiful when it went down. He'd be close to home, he'd get to help grow a young team.

Now I want him to be traded to a team that will use his talents better and he doesn't have to be the big brother.

I agree that Tyreke needs to be off the bench. He can't fit in with the starters. I also agree that to start Johnson is absolutely ridiculous.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: