Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-20-2012, 02:08 AM   #16
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Player that this board has changed your mind about the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
Kobe. i didn't hate him before. ISH kobe fanboys made me a hater.

This. I was never a big fan of Kobe but this board just made him unbearable to me
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #17
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
From another site:
Dude, how about coming up with your own thread concepts, rather than copying and pasting discussions from other websites?
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #18
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bill Sharman in a positive way (when we were rating top guards of all time). He doesn't get as much attention as other big names from those Celtics teams (Cousy, Sam Jones), but was solid.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #19
Dro
College superstar

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
This. I was never a big fan of Kobe but this board just made him unbearable to me
this.......
Dro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #20
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

I was of the opinion that Wilt and Russell were only good cause of the era but now I have gained so much respect for them.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #21
ImmortalD24
Banned

ImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
Kobe. i didn't hate him before. ISH kobe fanboys made me a hater.
Kobe fanboys can get annoying at times (or all the time?), same goes with LeBron fans.. but to hate a player because of some fans on a forum is patently stupid. You must be ~12 or a mental midget. Which one is it?
ImmortalD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #22
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

This board has convinced me that Yi Jianlian is always smiling and happy.
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #23
tobethdope
i don't like bananas

tobethdope has not been impressing people

lebron and kobe, hate them both now - their fanboys are rediculous...
tobethdope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #24
Segatti
Good High School Starter

Segatti has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
This board has convinced me that Yi Jianlian is always smiling and happy.
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #25
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation here

believe it or not, cp3..... i knew the guy was terrific but i didn't really start watching him until i'd read up on him some on ish. this was new orleans days.

but it could also be - also believe it or not - Scottie Pippen. always thought the guy was a top 10 in the league of his day but i'm more inclined to think he was #2 or #3 in the 90s which seems crazy high... but yet!
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #26
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Wade. Gone from being one of my favorite players to least favorite, or at least one of. These 'no flop' rules expose him.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #27
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Probably Hondo for me.

Players this board needs to change more minds about:
Sheed and Iverson.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #28
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Probably Hondo for me.

Players this board needs to change more minds about:
Sheed and Iverson.

Havlicek had the weirdest release of just about anybody. Almost Shawn Marion kinda weird.

It baffled some of the greatest defenders, the way he would sprint down court and suddenly hurl the top of his body forward.... and then his arms would be even farther out, just full extension in front of him when the ball released.

He was a real serious candidate for MVP of '69 Finals... Russell had shot his bolt and Sam Jones was last gasp, too. They were just hangin on by their fingers.. Hondo carried Celtics on his back for many minutes of each game.
Yeah Logo was made in that series but Hondo was.... well the word that describes Havlicek: indomitable.

What I loved best was the fact his body was a shield. Nobody was taking the ball between him and the basket. Greatest forward of the 60s to my mind.

And '70s.... Havlicek and Cowens ~ Chaos Unbound
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #29
fpliii
peace out

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Dude, how about coming up with your own thread concepts, rather than copying and pasting discussions from other websites?

The way I figure:

the same people don't frequent both boards (= different responses to the question)
the same discussions haven't have taken place (= different perspectives on an individual comparison)
there are board-specific sentiments/biases regarding certain players (= different opinions of some guys)

I don't post on that site (that will go unnamed for obvious reasons), but I thought it'd be interesting to see how the responses on differ from those on their forums.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #30
ThaRegul8r
National High School Star

ThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
He was a real serious candidate for MVP of '69 Finals... Russell had shot his bolt and Sam Jones was last gasp, too. They were just hangin on by their fingers.. Hondo carried Celtics on his back for many minutes of each game.

Obviously, had the award gone to a member of the winning team, as has been the case in every instance since then, then it would have gone to Havlicek. I recall at least one writer afterwards saying that a member of the winning team should have been Finals MVP, and it should have gone to Havlicek.
ThaRegul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: