Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-20-2012, 01:58 AM   #16
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

kennethgriffin posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrykennethgriffin posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: if steve nash misses a significant amount of time. what are kobes mvp chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
What the hell you talking about, you sound like a baby. Lebron should still win MVP this is year, because he is clearly a better player than Kobe at this stage of their careers. Little whiny f**got.

this is that critera change i told everyone would happen

remember when kobe lost all those mvps to dirk, nash, duncan etc

people said. yea kobe might have had better stats and might be the better individual player. but they had a better record....

even though kobe was the leagues best overall player many years. he only won it once

so just having a higher PER or being in his prime shouldn't automatically make lebron mvp

its almost always been about whos the best player on the best team

so if the lakers run off 60+ wins and kobes at 27/5/5+

he has to win mvp just based on the history of the mvp
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 AM   #17
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: if steve nash misses a significant amount of time. what are kobes mvp chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
this is that critera change i told everyone would happen

remember when kobe lost all those mvps to dirk, nash, duncan etc

people said. yea kobe might have had better stats and might be the better individual player. but they had a better record....

even though kobe was the leagues best overall player many years. he only won it once

so just having a higher PER or being in his prime shouldn't automatically make lebron mvp

BUt when his team get 55+ wins and Lebron is the clear best player in the NBA
its almost always been about whos the best player on the best team

so if the lakers run off 60+ wins and kobes at 27/5/5+

he has to win mvp just based on the history of the mvp

BUt when his team get 55+ wins and Lebron is the clear best player in the NBA, its a no-brainer.

It will be out of Durant and Lebron til Kobe retires. Miami and Thunder will win enough games to back the choice of these two players and they are a cut above Kobe, despite Kobe playing well to start the year.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:13 AM   #18
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

kennethgriffin posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrykennethgriffin posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
BUt when his team get 55+ wins and Lebron is the clear best player in the NBA, its a no-brainer.

It will be out of Durant and Lebron til Kobe retires. Miami and Thunder will win enough games to back the choice of these two players and they are a cut above Kobe, despite Kobe playing well to start the year.

you mean like in 2003 when kobe averaged 30/7/6 on a 50+ win lakers team

and tim duncan averaging 23/12/3 won mvp because the spurs had the #1 seed

it was obvious kobe out performed duncan that year. with the 2 months averaging 40ppg, the all time record 12 threes, the 9 straight 40+ point games, and he was 1st team all defense same as tim

but the better teams representative won mvp because record is worth more than individual statistics
Old 11-20-2012, 02:18 AM   #19
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

How did Kobe have better stats then Nash or Dirk? if he had the stats he is averaging so far this year i'd be all about him winning MVP. He deserves it this year. The OP is really just a cancer to society. Its a shame some of his threads don't get deleted.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:19 AM   #20
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
Being the best player doesn't equate winning MVP.

MVP's are typically reserved for a top seeded team's elite player unless a player has some ridiculously productive season.

Well Lebron has ridiculously productive seasons every year, he has a team that will win a minimum 55+ games to boot. Unless Lakers are winning 65 wins or more, KObe won't be taking it from Lebron and I think Howard would have more chance if not Nash. Only threat to Lebron for MVP is DUrant IMO. Kobe started last year off well too, but he will slow down as the year goes on due to age, plus they will likely look to rest Kobe and co. during blowouts which will affect his averages.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:21 AM   #21
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
you mean like in 2003 when kobe averaged 30/7/6 on a 50+ win lakers team

and tim duncan averaging 23/12/3 won mvp because the spurs had the #1 seed

it was obvious kobe out performed duncan that year. with the 2 months averaging 40ppg, the all time record 12 threes, the 9 straight 40+ point games, and he was 1st team all defense same as tim

but the better teams representative won mvp because record is worth more than individual statistics

I don't even like Lebron, but he is clearly the better player than Kobe, and deservedly will likely win another MVP this year. Kobe\started the year well, but old legs will change that as the season progresses.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #22
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

Quote:
I don't even like Lebron, but he is clearly the better player than Kobe, and deservedly will likely win another MVP this year. Kobe\started the year well, but old legs will change that as the season progresses.

and like i just got done saying. what about the times kobe was clearly the better player than the guy who won mvp over him?
Old 11-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #23
Jakeh008
Banned

Jakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyNote
it's all about is %s for me...I know he'll average at least 26/5/5..but if his %s stay at least 50/40/90 and the lakers are fight their way to a top seed then I don't see why he's not a favorite

If he puts up 26 5 5 on 50/40/90 and gets a top seed.... then not only is he 100% going to get MVP...He will have had one of the greatest seasons ever
Jakeh008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #24
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
How did Kobe have better stats then Nash or Dirk? if he had the stats he is averaging so far this year i'd be all about him winning MVP. He deserves it this year. The OP is really just a cancer to society. Its a shame some of his threads don't get deleted.

2006 nash averaged 18 points and 10 assists, bad defense

2006 kobe averaged 35 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, dropped 81, 1st team all defense, averaged 40+ for 2 months. and was widely considered the best player in basketball. nash was barely top 5

nash won mvp cause his team had a better record. and amare was a beast for nash averaging 25ppg... kobes best big man was kwame brown

kobe not only out performed nash. but kobe was also more important to the lakers. if kobe missed every game that year the lakers would have lost 70 games.

face it. the mvp is about record more than players.

like rose winning it over lebron in 2011...
Old 11-20-2012, 02:34 AM   #25
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

he's got a better chance of getting herpes than winning the MVP, that's for sure.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #26
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
he's got a better chance of getting herpes than winning the MVP, that's for sure.

atleast you don't have to worry about catching herpe's.. cause it involves having sex. something you likely haven't experienced yet
Old 11-20-2012, 02:52 AM   #27
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
nash won mvp cause his team had a better record. and amare was a beast for nash averaging 25ppg... kobes best big man was kwame brown

Amare was a beast because of Nash. Kobe was the best player in 06' though.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #28
Sigmund Freud
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Sigmund Freud has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
Amare was a beast because of Nash. Kobe was the best player in 06' though.
Think outside the box, lad. Amar'e was proficient without Sir Nash in 2011.
Sigmund Freud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #29
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
and like i just got done saying. what about the times kobe was clearly the better player than the guy who won mvp over him?

I think your missing the point man. Your opinion and judgement has little credence considering every thread and post your involved in is in some way propping Kobe.

Kobe has the appropriate amount of MVP's deserved. I think either James or Paul deserved it over Kobe back in 2008 and may off missed one he should of got earlier in his career.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #30
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

As much as I like Kobe and the skills he brings to the game, he has only a small chance of displacing Lebron for MVP.

At this stage in the career, Lebron is the better player.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: