Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Nash of the bench...Hear me out!!!

Right now with Darius Morris playing the way he is maybe we can lock up him in the starting 5. He can start games with Kobe, Metta, Howard and Pau. Let Kobe do the facilitating and he can stand for open threes.

Then take him out and put a fresh off the bench Nash with Meeks, Jamison, Hill, and Howard...and that five will be scary to end the first and start the second. From that point Nash will play like Manu and basically get starter minutes.

What you guys think?
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Nash of the bench...Hear me out!!!

I like Morris, but there's no way he should be starting over Nash. He'll help defensively. He's quick and has length. He still can't make plays like Nash can though.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Right now with Darius Morris playing the way he is maybe we can lock up him in the starting 5. He can start games with Kobe, Metta, Howard and Pau. Let Kobe do the facilitating and he can stand for open threes.

Then take him out and put a fresh off the bench Nash with Meeks, Jamison, Hill, and Howard...and that five will be scary to end the first and start the second. From that point Nash will play like Manu and basically get starter minutes.

What you guys think?

I don't like it at all.....and you notice that the Spurs don't do this with their PG....any other position and I may agree with you.....but not screw with a HOF PG.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

What you guys think?
He's D'Antoni favorite PG, I doubt he will agree to that strategy.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:02 AM   #5
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:

What you guys think?

lol...fcuk NO....

if you think this is good...imagine what would happen when Nash comes back??? lol

we should always have 2 of our big 4 in the game.
kobe/pau play all 1st qtr
nash/howard to start the 2nd
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I am all for Nash coming off the bench to pick up the second unit. He could make guys like Meeks and Ebanks a lot better if he gets out there with them.

We have not lost a game with Morris as our starter. We need his youth and athleticism in our starting unit, to defend the young quick point guards that have torched us in the past.

Last edited by kkinchen : 11-20-2012 at 05:07 PM.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
I am all for Nash coming off the bench to pick up the second unit. He could make guys like Meeks and Ebanks a lot better if he gets out there with them.

We have not lost a game with Morris as our starter. We need his youth and athleticism in our starting unit, to defend the young quick point guards that have torched us in the past.

Not gonna happen No chance.....and No, Kobe won't come off the bench either.....lol.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #8
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Not gonna happen No chance.....and No, Kobe won't come off the bench either.....lol.

instead of laughing..I sometimes get super pissed at people who suggest either of pau/nash should come off the bench

just dont get it...maybe next time they will suggest kobe/howard to come off the bench
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #9
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Can I remind you all that Nash is 39 years old. That is very old in the NBA. I know that in American society it is customary to give "white" males more credit than they deserve, but in my world that doesn't fly.

The dude is the best shooter on the planet, and that is it. He cant defend anyone in the NBA, and he is too old and slow to attack the basket the way that he used to. And he is injury prone at this point in his career, so we really need to be limiting his minutes throughout the regular season.

The Lakers have not lost since Morris has been in the starting lineup. He is earning his keep, and deserves it if he keeps it up.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #10
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've been the biggest Morris backer on this board since he was drafted. Heck, most of the guys wanted to keep Goudelock over him..... I've always said how much talent the kid has. With that said, I can't believe we're even having a debate on who should be starting. It's Nash. Until Nash proves he can't do it anymore it's his.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: