Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #46
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Gortat unhappy

I like him, but I don't see why the Celtics trade for him. He'd allow KG to slide back to the 4, I guess. He'd certainly make us a better rebounding team. Still...
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #47
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Phoenix would be retarded to trade Gortat. Good centers don't grow on trees. Who cares if he's unhappy?
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #48
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Dammit Presti, get on the phone and get this done.

Perks + Jones/Lamb + TOR '13 1st RD pick + DAL '13 1st RD pick
Man that's giving up a bunch for Gortat.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #49
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Phoenix would be retarded to trade Gortat. Good centers don't grow on trees. Who cares if he's unhappy?

They could trade him for picks and start full rebuilding mode like someone else said. They aren't going anywhere with this team. They need to make some moves and/or plan for the future. Gortat is very valuable since he is good center, which is rare.
Micku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #50
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Man that's giving up a bunch for Gortat.
Well, I'd assume Presti might be able to talk Phoenix into another player like Jared Dudley.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #51
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Well, I'd assume Presti might be able to talk Phoenix into another player like Jared Dudley.
It would have to be one hell of a deal. Phoenix won't be taking any long term bad contracts unless it's packaged with serious building blocks.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #52
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
I like him, but I don't see why the Celtics trade for him. He'd allow KG to slide back to the 4, I guess. He'd certainly make us a better rebounding team. Still...

Celtics with Gortat would shake things up in the eastern conference. Celtics biggest weakness rebounding, would be greatly improved and put themselves on par with the Heat
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:30 AM   #53
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'd say the Celtics could trade Green along with Bradley...but the Suns just got Beasley...unless they'd rather have Green and trade Beasley...or the Suns can just look to the young guys. Melo? Would they need Sullinger? Difficult.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #54
Xover
High school junior varsity star

Xover has decent reputation

I approve of trading Gortat. Great player, but we need more pieces to support and compliment our new building blocks. If this does happen it would be sad to see him go but it seems like the right thing to d, perfect timing.
Xover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #55
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

Maybe Gortat would be "getting more shots" on offense if he could actually learn to stop being a finesse b*tch on offense and actually SLAM THE DAMN BALL IN THE HOOP. I'm tired of watching him get the ball wide open under the rim and instead of jamming it home easily he does these pitiful little finger rolls and layups off the backboard that rim-out right into a defender's hands all the damn time.

What the f*ck do they call him the "Polish Hammer"" for if it he refuses to even ATTEMPT to hammer the damn ball down? There's a reason Gortat is being told to focus soley on defense and rebounding. It's because that's what he's noteworthy at. His finesse offensive game is pretty shallow, even if quite effective (especially against short teams). He's useless on offense against tall teams that have solid defense.

If this is really how he feels, ship his ass out. Don't need whiny b*tch attitudes bringing the mood of the franchise down even more when we're already struggling to win games. Sign some actual CLASSY players who can just show up to work, get it done with a smile on their face, and not realize that this is their JOB and this is what they signed up for being in the NBA. Gotta have to grow up and learn to be businessmen about it on AND offside the court and not make public drama like this(if it's even true)
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #56
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

My friend and I were recently discussing ways the Celtics could trade for Gortat, so kinda funny that there is a thread about him being "unhappy" now..

Bradley, Sullinger/Melo, Bass and a protected 1st

for

Gortat, Dudley

Celtics, with Barbosa and Terry, are not missing Bradley too terribly (though a future with Bradley/Rondo at the guard spots is pretty sick), and Gortat and Dudley could really put this team up closer to Miami. Good trade to go all-out to win this year, and Phoenix gets a pick, a project big, and a potential start 2guard.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #57
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I can't believe OKC fans are so willing to just throw up PJ3, Lamb and that Toronto lottery pick for the likes of Martin Gortat.

He doesn't make them much better over Perkins and they lose both of the young, cheap assets they got from the Harden trade.

Guess you haven't watched Marcin play.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #58
stevieming
Serious playground baller

stevieming has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagexslave
Maybe Gortat would be "getting more shots" on offense if he could actually learn to stop being a finesse b*tch on offense and actually SLAM THE DAMN BALL IN THE HOOP. I'm tired of watching him get the ball wide open under the rim and instead of jamming it home easily he does these pitiful little finger rolls and layups off the backboard that rim-out right into a defender's hands all the damn time.

What the f*ck do they call him the "Polish Hammer"" for if it he refuses to even ATTEMPT to hammer the damn ball down? There's a reason Gortat is being told to focus soley on defense and rebounding. It's because that's what he's noteworthy at. His finesse offensive game is pretty shallow, even if quite effective (especially against short teams). He's useless on offense against tall teams that have solid defense.

If this is really how he feels, ship his ass out. Don't need whiny b*tch attitudes bringing the mood of the franchise down even more when we're already struggling to win games. Sign some actual CLASSY players who can just show up to work, get it done with a smile on their face, and not realize that this is their JOB and this is what they signed up for being in the NBA. Gotta have to grow up and learn to be businessmen about it on AND offside the court and not make public drama like this(if it's even true)

he use to dunk a lot more at magic, probably just a by product of getting old.
stevieming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #59
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
My friend and I were recently discussing ways the Celtics could trade for Gortat, so kinda funny that there is a thread about him being "unhappy" now..

Bradley, Sullinger/Melo, Bass and a protected 1st

for

Gortat, Dudley

Celtics, with Barbosa and Terry, are not missing Bradley too terribly (though a future with Bradley/Rondo at the guard spots is pretty sick), and Gortat and Dudley could really put this team up closer to Miami. Good trade to go all-out to win this year, and Phoenix gets a pick, a project big, and a potential start 2guard.

Itīs a deal with a lot of impact on both sides, but I really like this trade. Fab Melo is 7ft and the Suns could definitely use his size, so including him makes sense over Sullinger.

How about

Gortat + (Dudley or Wes Johnson) + Frye (lottery protected first, protected throughout 15, top 5 protected after that)

for

Tyreke Evans + Jason Thompson + Salmons

Kings:

The Kings are horrible and need to shake things up. Thompson has been solid so far this season, but Cousin + Thompson is not the frontcourt of the future. Gortat at the 5 and Demarcus at the 4 sounds a lot better to me. Gives them rebounding and interior defense, which is something they need. Dudley gives them another wing, but a good defender/teamplayer. Johnson is a possibility also. Let the Kings pick who they want..
Frye comes in as a bad contract, 2 years 6 mill per year + player option. Comes with the deal. They get rid of Tyreke who just hasn't worked out for them. This gives room to startThornton, who has been their second leading scorer. They lose Salmons who is a bad contract and they have too many wings anyway so that's great. The protected first could be usefull also.

Lineup:

PG: Thomas/Frederette/Brooks
Wings: Thornthon/ Wes Johnson or Dudley/Garcia/Outlaw/James Johnson
Frontcourt: Cousins/Gortat/Frye/Robinson/Chuck Hayes

Suns:
Get a possible star player in Evans and a nice player Thompson. Take a chance on Evans. He has an okay contract at 5mill and is restricted for next year. See how he turns out. might be a great gamble.
Thompson has the size to play C eventhough he's not a great rebounder. He can score from outside and might be a nice next to Scola. Salmons is a bad contract, but can be used as a backup. They get rid of unhappy Gortat and add a player with all star potential (still in my opinion). They are reallly small after this trade, but let thompson test his luck at C. Look for a FA Center (Birdman maybe?) for some size.

PG: Dragic/Bassy
SG: Evans/Brown
SF: Beasley/Dudley or Johnson/Salmons
PF: Scola/Morris
C: Thompson/Drain
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #60
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

its not just Gortat, its Scola too. Gentry is like Rambis, both retarded coaches that don't play their best players or utilize them correctly. lol i still remember Rambis constantly benching Love before he blew up.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: