Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
usa hoops
Serious playground baller

Default Will Darius Morris become a key bench player?

Just wondering. He had a decent game against the Rockets. It would be nice if he could provide 15-20 quality minutes off the bench.
usa hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Will Darius Morris become a key bench player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa hoops
Just wondering. He had a decent game against the Rockets. It would be nice if he could provide 15-20 quality minutes off the bench.

He still has a lot to learn but he's better than Duhon and Meeks so far.....I'd guess if we have a healthy team he will get some minutes but not a lot until next year......the kid is showing potential. Right dd24
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
He still has a lot to learn but he's better than Duhon and Meeks so far.....I'd guess if we have a healthy team he will get some minutes but not a lot until next year......the kid is showing potential. Right dd24

That's right. I've always liked his game. He's a tall, athletic PG that can cause some match up problems. It's unfortunate it took injuries for him to get some PT, but at least he's finally getting some experience out there. He does have quite a bit more learning to do, but I like what I've seen thus far.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

Here is a better question. Should D'Antoni consider keeping Morris as his starter even when the Steves come back? He has far more defensive upside than any of our other point guards, and he is a true point guard with great court vision. The knock on him has been that he needs to just slow down a little bit, but he seems to be getting that now that he is getting a chance to get significant minutes in NBA games.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

I can't see bringing Nash off the bench. Morris is definitely the better defender, but everybody besides D Fish is a better defender than Nash . What I'd like to see is Morris be the primary backup. I think when LA plays teams like OKC it would be nice to see Morris have more of a role in playing defense. Nash is still too much better on the other side of the ball though.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I can't see bringing Nash off the bench. Morris is definitely the better defender, but everybody besides D Fish is a better defender than Nash . What I'd like to see is Morris be the primary backup. I think when LA plays teams like OKC it would be nice to see Morris have more of a role in playing defense. Nash is still too much better on the other side of the ball though.

Yes....exactly everything you said
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #7
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

I am not convinced that Nash is better than Morris on the offensive end at this point in his career (39 years old). Morris was one of the top assists guys in the nation as a college player two years, playing in a system that really didn't keep the ball in his hands. This kid has exceptional court vision. So from an assist standpoint we won't lose much if anything from keeping Morris with the starters. And though he is not the pure shooter that Nash is, his athleticism and quickness, give him opportunities to contribute offensively that Nash cant.

I don't think this is so cut and dry. I think Nash's name might be bigger then his game at this point in his career. I think the main way Nash can help the team is as a spot up shooter.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: