Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #61
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Artest somehow stupidly does it again...waiting for 10+ game suspension

Some of you need to return to high school with your pathetically petty perspective and melodramatic stances. Suspension? Really?
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #62
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Artest somehow stupidly does it again...waiting for 10+ game suspension

Are people just trying to be funny? No way that warrants a suspension. I'm not sure it warranted the flagrant.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #63
Artillery
Decent college freshman

Artillery has not been impressing people

lol at Laker fans making excuses for Artest. Just admit that you guys have the dirtiest team in the league. Howard also had a cheapshot elbow that made Asik bleed.
Artillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #64
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artillery
lol at Laker fans making excuses for Artest. Just admit that you guys have the dirtiest team in the league. Howard also had a cheapshot elbow that made Asik bleed.

Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #65
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

inadvertent right
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #66
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Are people just trying to be funny? No way that warrants a suspension. I'm not sure it warranted the flagrant.

I hope they are trying to be funny.

Grey Dawn pointed out it wasn't a flagrant, only a tech. Looked like they called a flagrant first and reviewed it?
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #67
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

LOL @ anyone who doesn't think that was intentional. Metta knew where Lin was after he purposely fouled him on the break and you can tell he didn't even have to swing his arm back. This guy is a scum and I think a 2-3 game suspension is worth it. Metta is a known when it comes to this kind of sh*t
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #68
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

What?
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #69
whippyAU
I airball my layups

whippyAU has an OK reputation so far

ISH, a forum where you can discuss haircuts/hairlines, fashion, other males swag and in the case of physical contact feel free to get your knickers in a knot and vent your rage xoxo
whippyAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #70
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
LOL @ anyone who doesn't think that was intentional. Metta knew where Lin was after he purposely fouled him on the break and you can tell he didn't even have to swing his arm back. This guy is a scum and I think a 2-3 game suspension is worth it. Metta is a known when it comes to this kind of sh*t
At my jerkiest, I've absorbed what I felt was a questionable foul and used my "out of control" body to warrant a natural appearing, yet painful retaliation to my opponent. Well, maybe not painful, but for instance, if a defender wrapped me up, at one point there was a good chance I'd try to "accidentally" take that defender to the floor with me. Stuff like that. There were many instances where I did something intentionally on the basketball court but successfully masked it as an accident.

With that in mind, and knowing Artest's history, it's always tough for me to look past any of his incidents and assume they were all purely accidental. When I see him elbow James Harden or slap Jeremey Lin, I can often totally picture his thought process, of "accidentally" sending a message, where the recipient knows what happened, but you hope the accidental appearing nature protects you from punishment.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #71
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's obviously intentional but that's just a dirty play to me, no need for suspension.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #72
pnyozzzoo
Great young streetballer

pnyozzzoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
he got a flagrant for it. I think that was too excessive. If he gets popped for a few games that would really blow. All he really did was slap him really, that warranted a flagrant? A tech maybe, but a flagrant?

Had it been Parsons, Metta doesn't even get called for the flagrant
Err this dude does not even know its a Tech and he shamelessly post his obvious agenda with the Parsons comparison.

Lin hater's jealousy is so obvious. I mean at least try to be more clever and subtle please.
pnyozzzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #73
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
It's obviously intentional but that's just a dirty play to me, no need for suspension.
I think I agree, but I do not feel strongly about it. As I mentioned earlier though, I was expecting something much, much worse when I read the thread title.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #74
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Laker fans would defend these players if they were caught on video killing someone. Just admit it was intentional and move on. Doesn't warrant a suspension, but you can't watch that video and conclude Metta didn't know Lin was there.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #75
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeh008
Love tap to the temple = life in prison

Nope, but a second offense after you already committed a felony (Detroit brawl...worst moment in history for the NBA) could get you major time in jail.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: