Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #16
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people
Default Re: Roddy Beaubois: WTF happened?

Injuries change the way you play. See: TMac, Arenas, +1,000 others.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #17
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
My inclusion was due to the fact that as prospects they were being compared. Elite athletes, insane wingspans, knack for rebounding and blocking shots. So it's semi-relevant if you've watched both players.

y'know, maybe if EVERYONE tells you you are too much of a homer, EVERYONE might have a point ...

like, what if someone started a "nick young sucks" thread and I responded with "well Nick is getting overshadowed by the great JR Smith. everyone used to compare them but JR actually has way better shot selection and can play defense and create for others." you'd think I was a crazy homer for bringing up JR Smith in a thread that has nothing to do with JR Smith, right?
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #18
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
y'know, maybe if EVERYONE tells you you are too much of a homer, EVERYONE might have a point ...

like, what if someone started a "nick young sucks" thread and I responded with "well Nick is getting overshadowed by the great JR Smith. everyone used to compare them but JR actually has way better shot selection and can play defense and create for others." you'd think I was a crazy homer for bringing up JR Smith in a thread that has nothing to do with JR Smith, right?

To me a homer is somebody who feels their team and players can do no wrong and is completely unrealistic about their team. I'm not anything like that. I'm the first to rip my team up when they play like trash and I have realistic expectations for my teams and players. Every player I've hyped has improved and my predictions of the team have been spot on for the most part. I said second round exit last year when most said 1st. I said Bledsoe was a stud when people thought he was a scrub.

I said Griffin would start playing defense. I said Crawford would be a huge addition and have a career year which so far is true. I feel like I'm pretty damn realistic. I think what you are confusing with homer is obsessed with my team to a fault. Which is true.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #19
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's going to become a star, like all those other <6-0 SG's before him.

Mavs fans used to be hilarious about him too, saying he was untradeable and the future of the franchise and stuff.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #20
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

He's going to Toronto in the big trade
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #21
Floppy
High school junior varsity star

Floppy has decent reputation

He's just lacking confidence after all the injuries. Carlisle should run some plays for him imo. There's a lot of pressure on the players atm but maybe he'll feel more comfortable when Dirk gets back.
Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #22
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
To me a homer is somebody who feels their team and players can do no wrong and is completely unrealistic about their team. I'm not anything like that. I'm the first to rip my team up when they play like trash and I have realistic expectations for my teams and players. Every player I've hyped has improved and my predictions of the team have been spot on for the most part. I said second round exit last year when most said 1st. I said Bledsoe was a stud when people thought he was a scrub.

I said Griffin would start playing defense. I said Crawford would be a huge addition and have a career year which so far is true. I feel like I'm pretty damn realistic. I think what you are confusing with homer is obsessed with my team to a fault. Which is true.

alright, homer, obsessed. same difference. splitting hairs.

point is: sometimes the clippers are completely irrelevant to a thread!!!!
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #23
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Just because you can figure out a way to stick your dick a hole, doesn't mean it belongs in there.

I think that's what people are getting at.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #24
jbryan1984
Decent college freshman

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

What happened was, certain people on ISH overrated him to hell 3 years ago. I have never thought he was any good. Can't even remember him playing in 2011 finals.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #25
stevieming
Serious playground baller

stevieming has an OK reputation so far

Man, Roddy was pretty damn good, injuries did a good number on him, and not just physically.

He's lost a lot of confidence mentally and that stunts a player's growth, and to top it off, he isn't getting developed with the right playing time or having a clearly defined role for him.

Now that Mayo & Collison are on the team, I think the writing is on the wall for him.

He needs a fresh start on a team that needs a dynamic scorer. Kinda of like how Mayo has had with the Mavs from Memphis.
stevieming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #26
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputation

Quote:
Eric Bledsoe took his spot and threw that fool to the curb. There is a new shotblocking, rebounding and 40 inch vertical undersized guard in town.

irrelevant.
ZMonkey11 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: