Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Default Re: This is the 332nd consecutive month with an above-average temperature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
keep panicking doomsayers. The"its not that big a deal" side is undefeated and will be for quite some time.

the parts of the world that contribute most to pollution and emissions are on the better end of consequences. But tell that "it's not that big a deal" to people in developing countries of different ecological zones.

Or just think about severe droughts in the American heartland and hurricanes at the atlantic coast. Phenomena that are likely to occur more often due to climate change.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #17
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Default Re: This is the 332nd consecutive month with an above-average temperature.

Even if they are its an issue of moving the extreme weather not creating something new. Whole lot of panic about where exactly the comfortable parts of the world will be in 1800 years. Time and money wasted trying to stop a ship too big to turn around.

If rather see the millions spent on this research and publicity used to help the people we have. talk to me about an odd weathered future when malaria isnt killing millions right now. Fighting whatever you blame for climate change is a losing battle.

There are people we can actually help now
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #18
shaq2000
mde

Snowboarding is my favorite sport. I wait all year. Last year sucked. This is unacceptable to me.
shaq2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #19
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

The weather now is much better then it was in the 80's....

all positive's IMO.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #20
Nick Young
Prophet of the Mamba

WHAT? The Earth's climate is changing! NO FREAKING WAY! Surely this has never happened before!
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #21
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

It's not just the peak it's the rate. Stop being such an idiot.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #22
gigantes
‪ ‪

well... according to a lot of replies in this thread you'd think the OP had said "332 months in a row have been warmer than average because of human activities." AFAIK he didn't.

but whether it's man-made or natural, we still got a growing problem on our hands, no?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #23
LA Lakers
Serious playground baller

Love how global warming deniars try to say there are two sides to the debate. Uh, not according to scientists, the dudes that actually study the issue. Yeah, polar ice caps are melting and polar bears learning how to swim. Totally normal. Right...
LA Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #24
LA Lakers

Tell peeps on the east coast going through Sandy that this is all part of the plan...
Old 11-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #25
Nick Young
Prophet of the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Lakers
Love how global warming deniars try to say there are two sides to the debate. Uh, not according to scientists, the dudes that actually study the issue. Yeah, polar ice caps are melting and polar bears learning how to swim. Totally normal. Right...
Did you know that the earth has gone through several hundred warming and cooling periods in it's 4.6 billion year old history?

Did you not know that millions of species have gone extinct in the past due to their inability to deal with the natural climate change?
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #26
LA Lakers

Cool man, how much was a gallon of gasoline 4.6 billion years ago? Shits getting expensive nowadays.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #27
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Lakers
No one on either side is denying the occurrence. The debate lies in the cause.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #28
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Polar bears are great swimmers.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #29
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Humans and other animals will adapt and evolve. No worries.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #30
LA Lakers

I hope polar bears are great swimmers since there isnt much land left for them. And as far as our species surviving, something like 98% of the species on this planet are extinct. Dont see what would make us an exception. And hey, nothing like speeding up the extinction process by destroying the planet we live on!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: