Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Tayshaun Prince one of the most consistent players in the league (still with detroit)

So it looks like Prince might retire a piston and i'm sure he set a few records on the way. In his 11 NBA seasons (all with detroit) he's averaged: (not counting rookie season where he averaged 10 min a game)

10/5/2
15/5/3
14/5/3
14/5/3
13/5/3
14/6/3
13.5/5/3
14/4/3
13/4/3
13/4/2 (11th season age 32)
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Punpun has not been impressing people
Default Re: Tayshaun Prince one of the most consistent players in the league (still with detroit)

What record are you talking about?
Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tayshaun Prince one of the most consistent players in the league (still with detroit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punpun
I'm thinking some longevity record or something as their starting SF? He's put up above average numbers for a lengthy period of time.. not easy to do in the NBA especially considering Tayshaun wasn't exactly all that athletic coming out of college.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punpun
Most consecutive seasons averaging 3 assists in NBA history.

More seriously, I respect TPrince. To me he's the ideal roleplayer 3. He can hit from distance, was a defensive nightmare and can even post up a little. And as far as I know, never caused a problem off the court or in the locker room. You can always use a guy like that.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Most consecutive seasons averaging 3 assists in NBA history.

More seriously, I respect TPrince. To me he's the ideal roleplayer 3. He can hit from distance, was a defensive nightmare and can even post up a little. And as far as I know, never caused a problem off the court or in the locker room. You can always use a guy like that.
Haha yea, just looked it up and i'm pretty sure he holds no records with the pistons or any other team.

Either way pretty much averaging 13/4/3 over 11 seasons and not having any major dropoffs or injuries is pretty impressive to me, especially considering how in the NBA there's always a player coming after you on the court and also trying to take your starting job as the backup.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

This ones a record:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ_8z9Zizek
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The Pistons should go ahead and trade him and clear out his contract.
They are going absolutely no where and should send him to a playoff level team.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
That should only be a consideration if he's expressing dissatisfaction. Maybe he's got a wife and kids over there that he doesn't want to uproot? A house he doesn't want to move out of? Local ties, etc.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #9
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't know, him choosing to stay there kind of make him seem lazy to me
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #10
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
More like loyal to me.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #11
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
Haha yea, just looked it up and i'm pretty sure he holds no records with the pistons or any other team.

Either way pretty much averaging 13/4/3 over 11 seasons and not having any major dropoffs or injuries is pretty impressive to me, especially considering how in the NBA there's always a player coming after you on the court and also trying to take your starting job as the backup.
He may not hold any Pistons records yet, but he's going to be in the top ten and top five of a lot of franchise marks you wouldn't necessarily expect him to be, just because he's been so solid for so long (with the same team).

Quote:
At this moment, I do not agree. There's not really a clear cut alternative at the three spot on Detroit's roster right now. Even if Jonas Jerebko took up the reigns, it's just seem as if he were holding the spot over until Detroit could someday hope to acquire a real three.

With that said, I do in fact believe it's possible for Prince to be dealt, but it wouldn't be just to rid of him and his contract. Detroit would really need to believe they're receiving something worthwhile in return. His contract is not much of a burden in the scheme of things. I believe he only makes around $7 million per year, which seems normal. But again, I also find such a player with such a contract to be relatively tradeable (age notwithstanding) so we'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
May I ask your reasoning here? As the first response to your comment stated, I think if anything, it hints at loyalty, stability and maybe the belief that signing on to a great team in hopes of winning that way isn't the most admirable choice a player can make.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 11-17-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
clearly you guys have not watched him over the last 3 years or so. He has been a big part in their lack of improvement. Isolyshuan offense is terrible, as is his broke ass jumper.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #13
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
clearly you guys have not watched him over the last 3 years or so. He has been a big part in their lack of improvement. Isolyshuan offense is terrible, as is his broke ass jumper.

Then why not trade him and clear out his contract?
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He's from LA, hits 3's at a solid clip, is a great defender and a great piece on a title team...somebody could use him.

I'm sure that if he wanted to leave, Dumars would be willing to accommodate him. But I don't know that he does.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #15
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Basketbolero has decent reputationBasketbolero has decent reputation

what a pro Looks like his contracts included bonuses for averaging at least 14ppg, 5rpg, 3apg.
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: