Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #31
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: The official Raptors basketball game thread

#tanknation...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #32
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
#tanknation...
Truthfully, before we got Lowry and Val with the squad we had last year I was 100% for the tank. But to have a team with talent, losing several winnable close games does not sit well with me. And if this trend continues, i'm guessing it would be JUST like last year where we stink it up during the time we should be winning games and then when everyone else mails it in at the end of the year we go a winning streak and end up with anther late lottery pick.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #33
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

I am LOVING Ed Davis right now. That is all.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #34
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
I am LOVING Ed Davis right now. That is all.
Me too. Way to focus on the positive.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #35
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Someone needs to counter me pissing on everything associated with this franchise.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:36 AM   #36
Legends66NBA7
Dinosaurs live again

Legends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Someone needs to counter me pissing on everything associated with this franchise.

I'll accept that challenge.

(Unless we already agree on certain things.)
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #37
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Another 1 point loss.

Raptors/Pacers - 90-88 loss
Raptors/Jazz - 140-133 loss (triple overtime)
Raptors/76ers - 106-98 loss (late game collapse)
Raptors/ Bobcats -98-97 loss
Raptors/Pistons - 91-90 loss

Please feel free to add if I'm missing any...

These are all games we should of won. If we won these games we would be 8 and 5 instead of 3 and 10. This team seems to have a big problem closing out games.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #38
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

If you're just talking about games we should've won against teams that we're as good as then that list is good. But if you're talking about games we could've won but didn't close out you can add:

109-104 loss to the Mavs
107-100 loss to Brooklyn

This team is starting to remind me of the 2009-10 version that I think had the most close heartbreaking losses in the league. I don't know if the late game problem is Casey's playcalling or the players or a combination of both but it's becoming very difficult to watch.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #39
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15

Well TBH that post was made when Davis was mini-beasting while the second unit rallied us back. I'm now back to being totally bummed. Don't know why our team can't hit FTs... those misses by Lowrie and Bargs late were killer.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #40
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Well TBH that post was made when Davis was mini-beasting while the second unit rallied us back. I'm now back to being totally bummed. Don't know why our team can't hit FTs... those misses by Lowrie and Bargs late were killer.
That's funny, because I came into this thread last night pissed about another nailbiting loss in a game we clearly should've won but failed on late game execution. And then I saw your comment about Ed Davis and I was like well maybe I should be looking on the bright side too. Even though theres so very few of them.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #41
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputation

Atleast we are in the games and competing.

If I remember right we are something like the 3rd youngest team in the league and losing the close ones is something that tends to happen with youth.

A little more experiance and time together as a group and I think some more of the close ones will start to fall our way.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #42
bokes15
Playoffs!

Tight losses and competitive games isn't the worst thing in the world. But I truly feel a lot of those close games have been lost by coaching and rotations issues. I know it's always an ongoing debate on what kind of a difference a coach makes but the dude only has one previous NBA head coaching experience and that was pretty average the T-Wolves fired him mid season. It seems like he doesn't know how to make adjustments based on how the game is going or in general, and the team generally looks lost in a tight late game scenario.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #43
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

i wonder if Casey suddenly started putting Val in in the 4th because he realized his ass is on the line.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #44
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputation

What the **** does Demar have to do to get a call in this ****in league?
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #45
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

How is Casey gonna leave a jump shooter in the game when hes not making shots, yet you have a guy on your bench that has a double double
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: