Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #556
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
That's because everyone was shitting on Westbrook for like 60% of the season even when he played well, but Durant always gets a pass. We gotta criticize players for their play, regardless of who they are. And I am just getting tired of Durant's "nicest guy in the NBA" persona, don't know why he is treated like the holy child that does no wrong while Westbrook is the little bro everyone underrates and shits on

Doesn't matter that Durant is better than Westbrook, Russel brings more to the table due to his versatility. The gap between them isn't as big as the gap between Durant and Lebron.
Actually I have been tired of people giving Westbrook shit for no reason or overreact to every little mistake he makes all year. This season I have only made appreciation threads for Westbrook since I also feel people give enough credit to KD already. That does not mean I'm gonna diss Durant to highlight Russell's influence on the team. It would be basically the same as what Goatbrook haters try to do.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #557
INDI
Local High School Star

INDI has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Yea that annoys me, he is the new D-Whistle. Funny thing is Westbrook attacks the rim all the time and gets fouled more than Durant, but he rarely gets free throws.

All the Westbrook haters kept saying Durant takes a HUUUGE load off Westbrook, when it's the other way around. Westbrook is the only real ball handler, facilitator and penetrator on the team on top of being one of the best defenders and offensive rebounders that keeps the ball alive. He has to do everything for the team like a mini Lebron, he is the only player besides James averaging 23/5/5 this season, but Durant gets all the media love.

Truth is outside spot up 3s Durant doesn't do much for Westbrook. Russel does more by breaking down the defense, getting Durant wide open shots, throwing him lobs off his steals.

Kobe is averaging 27/5/6. and thats with the game where he only played a few minutes due to injury, factored into those stats
INDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #558
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has decent reputation

Dahntay Jones injuring Kobe and taking him out of commission cleared the way for Lebron to get the MVP trophy.
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #559
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by willds09
what i dont get is, jordan with 5 mvps 6 rings, kobe with 1 mvp 5 rings, and lebron who didnt deserve a ring in tha first damn place has 3 already with maybe 4??? if this ungrateful bum get 4 then david stern has officaly phucked tha NBA up for tha worst

Shutup man. What the hell are you always complaining about? Shutup.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #560
gengiskhan
Banned

gengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDI
Kobe is averaging 27/5/6. and thats with the game where he only played a few minutes due to injury, factored into those stats

Those are INFLATED stats in the ALREADY STATs INFLATED era!

Kobe has 3-4 40+pts games against BOTTOM FEEDERS at the expense of D-12, MWP, Nash.

He has gone all out to inflate his stats this year.

Against good competition he is just 24 ppg @ 43-44%FG.

Its EXTREME SELFISHNESS. think about it. Kobe NEVER let a PG like NASH collect a single 18-20 assists game against BOTTOM FEEDERS & get going.

Instead Kobe had like 10+-12+ assists against BOTTOM FEEDERs.

All this will have a BLOW BACK as LAL are destined to be swept in the First Round.
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #561
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is considered somewhat coollilgodfather1 is considered somewhat coollilgodfather1 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
Those are INFLATED stats in the ALREADY STATs INFLATED era!

Kobe has 3-4 40+pts games against BOTTOM FEEDERS at the expense of D-12, MWP, Nash.

He has gone all out to inflate his stats this year.

Against good competition he is just 24 ppg @ 43-44%FG.

Its EXTREME SELFISHNESS. think about it. Kobe NEVER let a PG like NASH collect a single 18-20 assists game against BOTTOM FEEDERS & get going.

Instead Kobe had like 10+-12+ assists against BOTTOM FEEDERs.

All this will have a BLOW BACK as LAL are destined to be swept in the First Round.
This isn't the stats inflated era. The highest paced team in the NBA right now isn't even close to being an average paced team 20-50 years ago. I will admit that Kobe feasts on bottom feeders, as great players should, and you will hear no arguments from me about him being a selfish chucker, but his stats aren't as inflated as say Wilt's, or West's, or even Magic and Bird's, or Jordan's.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #562
magmo68
I airball my layups

magmo68 has an OK reputation so far

The MVP race is over. After last night LeBron got it on lock
magmo68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #563
willds09
Banned

willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Shutup man. What the hell are you always complaining about? Shutup.
you mad cuz im spitting out factz???
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #564
tazb
HoFx3+1

tazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

Melo stans talking shit when he has one patch.
tazb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #565
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

That's clever, but what is the fact? He was gifted MVP's? Last year's Finals were rigged? You can't be stupid enough to believe any of this.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #566
willds09
Banned

willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazb
Melo stans talking shit when he has one patch.
I wasnt even talking bout melo retard
Old 03-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #567
willds09
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
That's clever, but what is the fact? He was gifted MVP's? Last year's Finals were rigged? You can't be stupid enough to believe any of this.
o so tha refs was on OKCs side last year?? and i comparing his bullschet mvps to jordan and kobe, which means kobe and m.j should have more compared to what queen james already have
Old 03-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #568
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this board

Quote:
o so tha refs was on OKCs side last year?? and i comparing his bullschet mvps to jordan and kobe, which means kobe and m.j should have more compared to what queen james already have
What season did Kobe deserve an MVP and not get it?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #569
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 is considered somewhat cooldh144498 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix

2001, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010.

7 time MVP.
dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #570
willds09
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
are you retarded just like that puhcee as your avatar???
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: