Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #316
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,967
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
I guess 32 8 8 jordan that won less than his season before is better than 30 6 4 jordan that won 72 games. Lebron might be the more skilled but hes not better than durant in terms of impact just like iverson, archibald are more skilled than reggie miller but they are not better in terms of impact. Durant plays the game the right way thats why hes a winner at a young age already while lebron took his cleveland team 6 years to become contenders.

For the so called best offensive player, he really hadnt reached GOAT level offensive rating while durant is already matching jordans career high of 125. Even dirk is better than lebron in off rtg while magic had 126. Isnt this what makes lebron overrated? because he can score and assists at the same time but how come it doesnt reflect on impact or off rtg. Lebron is really overrated just like the oscars(Top 10 w/o a ring as the man. LMAO), AIs, rose. And these guys won mvps too. LOL



I don't even know what you think you're trying to say. No, 96 Jordan is better than 89 Jordan.


Lebron got his team to the Finals in his 2nd year...but it took him 6years to make them contenders? Sure.


Lebron is a better player than Durant, but I do think Durant is the MVP.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #317
knicksman
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I don't even know what you think you're trying to say. No, 96 Jordan is better than 89 Jordan.


Lebron got his team to the Finals in his 2nd year...but it took him 6years to make them contenders? Sure.


Lebron is a better player than Durant, but I do think Durant is the MVP.

He took his team to the finals because of the leastern conference but I dont consider that team to be contenders
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #318
Draz
Like a Baoss.
 
Draz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BTE boulevard
Posts: 13,367
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Hopefully Melo can have his first MVP..
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:14 AM   #319
Hoopz2332
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,091
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Lebron making his case a bit stronger after dominating the Clippers in only 31 minutes of play

30 pts on

9/11 FGA

Hoopz2332 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:47 AM   #320
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan
 
TMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,410
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Melo doesn't have a shot anymore, IMO. It's between Bron and KD. Whoever gets #1 in their conference with the better record will take it home. I'm sticking with my original preseason pick of KD, but damn Lebron has played out of his mind recently. It's going to be tight.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #321
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Doranku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,833
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Would be a travesty if KD's one-dimensional ass got MVP over LeBron.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #322
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,967
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Would be a travesty if KD's one-dimensional ass got MVP over LeBron.



No it wouldn't.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #323
livinglegend
College star
 
livinglegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,205
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

If LBJ doesnt get it, it would be a travesty. People seem to forget about defense. Lebron plays much better defense than Durant. When OKC plays Miami, Durant guards Chalmers and Lebron guards Durant.
livinglegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #324
asdf1990
College star
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,168
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
I guess 32 8 8 jordan that won less than his season before is better than 30 6 4 jordan that won 72 games. Lebron might be the more skilled but hes not better than durant in terms of impact just like iverson, archibald are more skilled than reggie miller but they are not better in terms of impact. Durant plays the game the right way thats why hes a winner at a young age already while lebron took his cleveland team 6 years to become contenders.

For the so called best offensive player, he really hadnt reached GOAT level offensive rating while durant is already matching jordans career high of 125. Even dirk is better than lebron in off rtg while magic had 126. Isnt this what makes lebron overrated? because he can score and assists at the same time but how come it doesnt reflect on impact or off rtg. Lebron is really overrated just like the oscars(Top 10 w/o a ring as the man. LMAO), AIs, rose. And these guys won mvps too. LOL

how is durant a winner ? didn't he lose in the nba finals. Durants impact was clearly seen in the nba finals. Durant has a great team around him while lebron had to carry scrubs at the same points in their careers.

Durants team westbrook (top 5 at his position), ibaka ( one of the better PF in the NBA), sefalosha ( good wing defender), good bench

while lebrons team mo williams, delonte west, andy V, big z the bench boobie gibson, joe smith, ben wallace and sasha pavlovic
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #325
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?
 
TheMarkMadsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,892
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
how is durant a winner ? didn't he lose in the nba finals. Durants impact was clearly seen in the nba finals. Durant has a great team around him while lebron had to carry scrubs at the same points in their careers.

Durants team westbrook (top 5 at his position), ibaka ( one of the better PF in the NBA), sefalosha ( good wing defender), good bench

while lebrons team mo williams, delonte west, andy V, big z the bench boobie gibson, joe smith, ben wallace and sasha pavlovic

Carlos boozer,Shaq, Antwan jaminson, Larry Hughes
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #326
DatAsh
Local High School Star
 
DatAsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,880
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Carlos boozer,Shaq, Antwan jaminson, Larry Hughes

I'm confused. Are you saying that's a good or bad supporting cast?
DatAsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #327
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,967
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglegend
If LBJ doesnt get it, it would be a travesty. People seem to forget about defense. Lebron plays much better defense than Durant. When OKC plays Miami, Durant guards Chalmers and Lebron guards Durant.



People seem to forget to pay attention to what's happening this season and not go on reputation. He's still playing better defense than Durant (who has improved a lot there) but his defense has been better each of the last four seasons. James has not been an elite defender for this season.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #328
BuffaloBill
ayy lmao
 
BuffaloBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 23,009
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Lol @ Kevin Durant being one dimensional. People say the funniest things on ISH.
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #329
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,786
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Carlos boozer,Shaq, Antwan jaminson, Larry Hughes


Boozer- Played with LeBron for one season
Jamison- Puts up stats on bad teams and got destroyed by KG
Hughes- sucked in Cleveland and proceeded to play even worse in Chicago and New York.
Shaq- missed 1/3 of the season in Cleveland.

And you are also aware that those guys weren't on the Cavs at same time, right? Typical LeBron hater
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #330
Dave3
NBA lottery pick
 
Dave3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,921
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
People seem to forget to pay attention to what's happening this season and not go on reputation. He's still playing better defense than Durant (who has improved a lot there) but his defense has been better each of the last four seasons. James has not been an elite defender for this season.
Yes he has....how has he not. He sticks to his man, and recovers very well if he is beaten. He's guarded big men even more this year and plays the best kind of defense - the one where you don't even let the guy get the ball. Just because you don't see as many blocks or steals off someone's dribble doesn't mean he's not playing defense. He plays defense even before that.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy