Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-06-2013, 02:22 AM   #211
sundizz
Local High School Star

sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy77x
Why not ? but yet overrated cp3 stays in the discussion? Melo has simply outplayed cp3 this year.

Lol. Cp3 worse than Melo. Lol.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #212
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

jimmy77x has decent reputationjimmy77x has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
Lol. Cp3 worse than Melo. Lol.

how has he outplayed melo this year so far?
jimmy77x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:26 AM   #213
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Why not ? but yet overrated cp3 stays in the discussion? Melo has simply outplayed cp3 this year.

Simply because I don't think Carmelo can continue to shoot 48% from the floor and 43% from 3 point land, he's gonna cool down and in the past 2 weeks you are already starting to see the Knicks slumping a bit ever since that hot start.

No way Carmelo finishes ahead of LeBron in the MVP race with Miami having a better record than New York & LeBron simply putting up better numbers. Carmelo is in the discussion RIGHT NOW, but by March he will be at best #4 in the race.

CP3 will be in the top 3 simply because he will be the best player on a team that will have a top 1-4 record in the NBA by seasons' end, with LeBron & Durant being on those other teams.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #214
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Simply because I don't think Carmelo can continue to shoot 48% from the floor and 43% from 3 point land, he's gonna cool down and in the past 2 weeks you are already starting to see the Knicks slumping a bit ever since that hot start.

No way Carmelo finishes ahead of LeBron in the MVP race with Miami having a better record than New York & LeBron simply putting up better numbers. Carmelo is in the discussion RIGHT NOW, but by March he will be at best #4 in the race.

CP3 will be in the top 3 simply because he will be the best player on a team that will have a top 1-4 record in the NBA by seasons' end, with LeBron & Durant being on those other teams.

Lebron is the best player in the league no question but will not win MVP every year, its just not going to happen melo still has a chance and Btw knicks and heat are tied for first in the east. And you talk about melo cooling down yet he's had 2 40 point games in the last week. Who knows what the future holds but right now all im saying is cp3 should not be ahead of melo.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:39 AM   #215
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Only reason Melo dropped the last few weeks was that he was hurt and missed games. When he played he carried the Knicks.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:45 AM   #216
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1987_Lakers is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Lebron is the best player in the league no question but will not win MVP every year, its just not going to happen melo still has a chance and Btw knicks and heat are tied for first in the east. And you talk about melo cooling down yet he's had 2 40 point games in the last week. Who knows what the future holds but right now all im saying is cp3 should not be ahead of melo.

LeBron will get more votes than Melo if Miami finishes ahead of New York, that is pretty much a fact and I don't see New York having a better record by the end of the season.

CP3 isn't ahead of Melo right now, but he will be by April. You are already starting to see CP3 heat up and he has the team to be in the MVP discussion. The Clippers are a deep team, but you can see CP3 is the clear cut leader on the Clippers & he carries their offense down the stretch. He's the best point guard this league has seen since Magic, yep I said it.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #217
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

Quote:
LeBron will get more votes than Melo if Miami finishes ahead of New York, that is pretty much a fact and I don't see New York having a better record by the end of the season.

CP3 isn't ahead of Melo right now, but he will be by April. You are already starting to see CP3 heat up and he has the team to be in the MVP discussion. The Clippers are a deep team, but you can see CP3 is the clear cut leader on the Clippers & he carries their offense down the stretch. He's the best point guard this league has seen since Magic, yep I said it.

Thats what i mean HOW do you know he will be by april? cp3 isn't capable of putting up melo numbers. the only way is if the clippers have a significantly better record than the knicks at the end of the year which they will probably have similar records, and the best since magic? ok i guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #218
fpliii
NBA All-star

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Thats what i mean HOW do you know he will be by april? cp3 isn't capable of putting up melo numbers. the only way is if the clippers have a significantly better record than the knicks at the end of the year which they will probably have similar records, and the best since magic? ok i guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

higher PPG != better numbers

volume scoring is an important part of the game no doubt, but it's not the end-all-be-all
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:56 AM   #219
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
There's more than PPG Don't underestimate CP3s scoring ability either; his PPG isn't indicative of how much he could score if he had a scorers mentality like Melo.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:04 AM   #220
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
There's more than PPG Don't underestimate CP3s scoring ability either; his PPG isn't indicative of how much he could score if he had a scorers mentality like Melo.

Even in new orleans when he was at his best averaging a double double his ceiling is 22ppg i know ppg isn't the end all be all stat but being in the MVP discussion ahead of melo averaging 16ppg is laughable.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:05 AM   #221
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

Quote:

CP3 finished top 3 in the MVP last year what makes you think he won't finish top 3 again this year with a better team & putting up similar numbers?

Carmelo has never been in the MVP discussion in previous years' so what makes you think he will be top 3 this year? History repeats itself. Carmelo's numbers will cool down, no way he continues to shoot 43% from 3 point range, & the Knicks will not finish ahead of Miami in the standings. I can see top 5 for Carmelo though.

And yes, best PG since Magic. Look at CP3's '08 & '09 seasons and tell me which PG since '92 had a better season?
Old 01-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #222
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I do think that the Heat would often be better off if Lebron handled the ball less. That's not all on him, as Bosh is a piece on this team and Wade just doesn't wanna bother...but Lebron holds the ball a lot. He's too good to not make things happen, and defenses are genuinely retarded sometimes...but he's gotta move the ball like he was earlier in the year. Earlier in the year, he was playing the best (at least on offense) I'd ever seen him play...real early in the year tho.

He's back to just holding and holding and holding...he's the best player in basketball, no doubt. But the game isn't just about what you can do and you proving it. I still think that Anthony has been better till this point.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:20 AM   #223
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Man...rough crowd...

Yes KD, LBJ, and CP3 have very strong cases. But Melo has as strong a case as any of them up to this point.

I find it amusing how its considered some impossibility for him to win MVP considering his resume so far and how valuable he is to his team (which is performing at a level few expected)...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:25 AM   #224
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

Quote:
CP3 finished top 3 in the MVP last year what makes you think he won't finish top 3 again this year with a better team & putting up similar numbers?

Carmelo has never been in the MVP discussion in previous years' so what makes you think he will be top 3 this year? History repeats itself. Carmelo's numbers will cool down, no way he continues to shoot 43% from 3 point range, & the Knicks will not finish ahead of Miami in the standings. I can see top 5 for Carmelo though.

And yes, best PG since Magic. Look at CP3's '08 & '09 seasons and tell me which PG since '92 had a better season?

Melo didn't deserve to be top 3 last year or be in the discussion fact, but this year he's just played on a different level than cp3 on both sides of the ball and has the knicks at the top of the east. How do you know they wont finish ahead of the heat? why cant they? just cause you said so? or do you have any logical reasoning to back up that statement. And not going to look up point guards numbers to compare but one name comes to mind and it is that point guard of the lakers who actually has 2 mvp's to cp3's 0
Old 01-06-2013, 03:38 AM   #225
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

Quote:
Melo didn't deserve to be top 3 last year or be in the discussion fact, but this year he's just played on a different level than cp3 on both sides of the ball and has the knicks at the top of the east. How do you know they wont finish ahead of the heat? why cant they? just cause you said so? or do you have any logical reasoning to back up that statement. And not going to look up point guards numbers to compare but one name comes to mind and it is that point guard of the lakers who actually has 2 mvp's to cp3's 0

You are gonna have to wait until April to understand my logic. I just don't view Carmelo as high as other posters (like yourself) do, he is for the most part a one dimensional player who is bond to cool down.

And Nash was never better than peak CP3, simply because Paul is much better on the defensive side while both are pretty equal offensively (you can give the edge to Nash on offense for his shooting ability). When Nash won those 2 MVPs he was never in the discussion for best player in the NBA, he won those MVPs by being the best player on very good teams.

Guys like Shaq, Duncan, LeBron, Garnett, Dirk were better players in '05

LeBron, Dirk, Kobe, Wade & Duncan were better in '06.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: