Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #181
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

How overated is the race for MVP? Now, when I make this statement I expect most to say he's a laker fan. Kobe is in his 17th season leading the NBA in scoring(29.9) ppg and still the best at closing any game. See its funny how NBA fans here cares more about MVP instead of enjoying history beening made while Kobe career is coming to an end.

I just hope we appreciate these young guys for what they do in their era, just don't disrespect history in the making.

With that said my MVP at this point would be.

1. Kobe, LBJ, KD and Melo all number 1 so far I can make a case for them all.

Closing: Why isn't Kevin Love, James Harden, West Brook, Rondo and Dwight Howard never in the races for MVP throughout the years. Why, because its like a nice pair of shoe and jeans the NAME. Remember when Kevin Love was a 20 and 20 guy no mension not even in the top 10 consideration. Rondo, made guys around him better even the big 3 in there old days and won a championship no mension. My point is this is a very talented league with more than NAMES.

Congrats to Kobe for passing the Big O and Shaq.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #182
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. CP3
4. Melo

But its going to be another 2 horse race unless Paul starts to get some momentum or the Knicks can't keep up the wins.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #183
Rysio
Local High School Star

Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation

if kobe doesnt get it im done with nba. rigged as voters. this should be #4-5 for godbe.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #184
derb2k2
Bandwagoner

derb2k2 is considered somewhat coolderb2k2 is considered somewhat cool

lmao Kobrick scoring all those points on 30 attempts per game. Selfish ball-hog who only cares about his points. No respect for that clown.

AFter yesterday's showing, Lebron is in the lead with Durantula a close second.
derb2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #185
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

oh snap, forgot this, will update
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #186
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Week 7:
1. Kevin Durant
2. Carmelo Anthony
3. LeBron James
4. Chris Paul
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Zach Randolph
7. Stephen Curry
8. Josh Smith
9. Tim Duncan
10. Rajon Rondo

That was last week, cant disagree much... this week i think Lebron will definitely take back that #1 spot, followed by #2 Durant and Carmelo/CP3 might battle for that #3-#4 spot, maybe even Kobe to.... Its starting look more and more like last season except Carmelo has joined the party at the top

Do you guys think Tim Duncan or Tony Parker should be any higher? (who is Spurs best player/MVP anyways?)

Last edited by pauk : 12-26-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #187
pnyozzzoo
High school junior varsity star

pnyozzzoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Week 7:
1. Kevin Durant
2. Carmelo Anthony
3. LeBron James
4. Chris Paul
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Zach Randolph
7. Stephen Curry
8. Josh Smith
9. Tim Duncan
10. Rajon Rondo

I mean I get the MVP need team results thing, but how can you put Josh Smith or Rajon Rondon in front of James Harden, Harden having much superior stats and impact on game and also having better team results now.

Celtics? This is not 2008, they are a med to bad team at least for now. Rockets are 11-2 against the east,won 6 of last 7 games, they d be top 4 in the east. Harden is climbing quickly imo, top 10 for sure.

Last edited by pnyozzzoo : 12-26-2012 at 11:45 AM.
pnyozzzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #188
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyozzzoo
I mean I get the MVP need team results thing, but how can you put Josh Smith or Rajon Rondon in front of James Harden, Harden having much superior stats and impact on game and also having better team results now.

Celtics? This is not 2008, they are a med to bad team at least for now. Rockets are 11-2 against the east,won 6 of last 7 games, they d be top 4 in the east. Harden is climbing quickly imo, top 10 for sure.

It was last weeks, this week i think we will see alot of changes in that mvp ladder... Harden should definitely be in the top 10 now
Old 12-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #189
joeysms55
Kids at the park dunk on me

joeysms55 has not been impressing people

Damn kobetards. Even Harden should be above kobe in MVP race...
joeysms55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #190
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysio
if kobe doesnt get it im done with nba. rigged as voters. this should be #4-5 for godbe.

It's not MCP vote, it doesn't exist, but yeah I agree kobe would have a chance to lead in most cancerous player awards.
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #191
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2012-13/index.html

1 - Lebron

2 - Durant

3 - Paul

4 - Melo
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #192
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

chris paul doesnt have mvp numbers and shouldnt be on this plist....he is on an extremely talented team.....Melo is MVP less superstar help than anyone right now.
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #193
pauk
NBA Legend

Week 8:
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Chris Paul
4. Carmelo Anthony
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Zach Randolph
7. Stephen Curry
8. Tim Duncan
9. Josh Smith
10. James Harden

Lebron ratakes the #1 spot and James Harden makes an entrance.

As far Chris Paul goes, im not sure if he should be above Carmelo... but i can see his case.

Last edited by pauk : 12-28-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #194
jlip
Good college starter

jlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation here

I'm actually a little shocked to see Lebron at #1. I figured he would surpass Melo, but I didn't think that the Christmas game would be enough to jump ahead of Durant.
jlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #195
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

LeBron-Durant-Melo-Harden should be the top 4.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: