Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #151
SwayDizzle
Good High School Starter

SwayDizzle has decent reputation
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

KOBE will be MVP!!!
SwayDizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #152
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

It's amazing how "oh god" Pauk is gonna be, because both Anthony and Durant have played better than James so far. Defensively, Lebron has been good and not great...and when I say not great, I don't mean by his standards, but by standard standards. Good yes, but not great.

It's unlikely to stand that way the rest of the season, yet it is the case right now.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #153
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
It's amazing how "oh god" Pauk is gonna be, because both Anthony and Durant have played better than James so far. Defensively, Lebron has been good and not great...and when I say not great, I don't mean by his standards, but by standard standards. Good yes, but not great.

It's unlikely to stand that way the rest of the season, yet it is the case right now.
He is playing really lazy and looks disinterested, letting scrubs blow by him, not contesting in the paint or playing with intensity. His steals and blocks are down too, Lebron just doesn't look as determined as last regular season.

I a sure he will get serious in the playoffs, but for now Heat are playing with little effort.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #154
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
He is playing really lazy and looks disinterested, letting scrubs blow by him, not contesting in the paint or playing with intensity. His steals and blocks are down too, Lebron just doesn't look as determined as last regular season.

I a sure he will get serious in the playoffs, but for now Heat are playing with little effort.

They looked great early on, but even then the defense didn't look great. They will have trouble just turning it on.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #155
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
There is clearly one person who's a level above everyone else and they send him down to 3rd because of his teammates. That's cold.

Shut up.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #156
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Dont get yourself to worked up fella, MVP = best player of the best team.... not best player in the NBA....

...and i dont really think Carmelo or Durant have been/are better than Lebron "so far".... Lebron has produced better overall statistically and obviously we all know the difference in their allround games all in all without looking at the stats.... especially when pitted against eachother in the matchups and outcomes of that (see playoffs)... the ONLY reason they are higher on the MVP ladder is because of Miamis worse record...

Last edited by pauk : 12-14-2012 at 08:56 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #157
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Dont get yourself to worked up fella, MVP = best player of the best team.... not best player in the NBA....

...and i dont really think Carmelo or Durant have been/are better than Lebron "so far".... Lebron has produced better overall statistically and obviously we all know the difference in their allround games all in all without looking at the stats.... especially when pitted against eachother in the matchups and outcomes of that (see playoffs)... the ONLY reason they are higher on the MVP ladder is because of Miamis worse record...

If you think I'm worked up then you don't pay attention in other threads.

Lebron is an all-around player but right now he seems to be playing in Cleveland mode, but with less urgency. Just because he's all-around doesn't mean he's using it well. He's dominating the ball far too much and his pace of game is completely off the pace. Defensively, he's been nothing more than a good and solid player. If there were 3 All-Defensive Teams he would not merit inclusion on the 3rd.

Lebron's stats are not always indicative of what he's doing. In the series the Cavs lost to the Magic, Lebron was far from the best player on the floor. If he was, his team would have been in the Finals. He was definitely good but he wasn't any more than that and his team was severely outplayed throughout. I'm not trying to go back, but when you talk about the difference in their all-around games then you're talking about who they are. Lebron is the best player in the world and will be for a while. But the best player isn't always playing the best.

He'll probably get his game back up as the season progresses. I also said this already.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #158
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

a worrying thing on melo is his injuries.he missed 2 games i think, now some more maybe.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:56 AM   #159
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
We have finally come full circle. pauk downplaying MVPs Next up is merely dismissing it as a team accomplishment!
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #160
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
We have finally come full circle. pauk downplaying MVPs Next up is merely dismissing it as a team accomplishment!

What the hell!? How am i downplaying MVPs!!!? That what i said is a 100% fact, it doesnt downplay anything but only telling the truth, explaining the MVP criteria/requirements based on facts, history itself...... unless you can explain how these guys won MVPs with BETTER players being in the league those seasons:

Derrick Rose with Lebron (and others) in the league
Steve Nash with Kobe/Duncan in the league
Dirk Nowitzki with Kobe in the league
Karl Malone with Jordan in the league
Charles Barkley with Jordan in the league
Moses Malone with Kareem/Magic/Bird in the league
Tim Duncan with Shaq in the league
Dave Cowens with Kareem in the league
Wes Unseld with Wilt in the league
Willis Reed with Wilt in the league

Good luck... will be waiting... this is gona be interesting...

You being a Laker fan and a Kobe fan i would expect to know what i am talking about considering Kobe has only 1 MVP.... that "MVP downplaying" thing i said explains why that is very well... Hell, infact even this season Kobe is playing better than for example Carmelo... you dont see him above him in the MVP standings right now dont ya.... why? Think about it for a second... dont be surprised when you come to the conclusion "Best player of the best team" aka. "Pauks MVP downplaying" that makes the only sense....

Last edited by pauk : 12-15-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:07 AM   #161
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Lebron's stats are not always indicative of what he's doing. In the series the Cavs lost to the Magic, Lebron was far from the best player on the floor. If he was, his team would have been in the Finals. He was definitely good but he wasn't any more than that and his team was severely outplayed throughout. I'm not trying to go back, but when you talk about the difference in their all-around games then you're talking about who they are. Lebron is the best player in the world and will be for a while. But the best player isn't always playing the best.

He'll probably get his game back up as the season progresses. I also said this already.

Was patiently gona correct many of your untrue words... but then i saw that part.....
Old 12-15-2012, 04:10 AM   #162
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
If you think I'm worked up then you don't pay attention in other threads.

Lebron is an all-around player but right now he seems to be playing in Cleveland mode, but with less urgency. Just because he's all-around doesn't mean he's using it well. He's dominating the ball far too much and his pace of game is completely off the pace. Defensively, he's been nothing more than a good and solid player. If there were 3 All-Defensive Teams he would not merit inclusion on the 3rd.

You know even less about basketball than you do soccer. And the worse thing about it is, you may know even less than pauk about basketball. Scary...
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #163
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
you may know even less than pauk about basketball. Scary...

...and where does that put your basketball knowledge after i kept exposing yourself with my lack of basketball knowledge mr "Carmelo > Lebron, while being a Heat fan that keeps contradicting himself"....
Old 12-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #164
JBrizzy
Decent playground baller

JBrizzy is starting to rub some people the wrong way

There is still way too many variables!

Melo is in the coversation. Bron is in there. Durant is in there. Stars on contending teams. San Antonio don't have a player in there because they don't have a standout star on the court. Their star is Gregg Popovich.
JBrizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #165
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
You know even less about basketball than you do soccer. And the worse thing about it is, you may know even less than pauk about basketball. Scary...

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: