Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 AM   #16
pauk
NBA Legend

Default Re: Where is Lebron's skyhook he promised?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
Jordan never costed his team a Finals series the way Lehoudini did. That conversation is pretty much over.

Jordan never had a completely new role, system, coach, teammates and a superstar (who only bottlenecked Lebron in the Finals) for us to see how he would fair in that situation... so yes, that conversation is pretty much over since he never was in that situation...

Jordan was only in one situation his entire life, if Lebron had it that way (getting supporting casts, coaches etc. handed to him on a silverplate) then he wouldnt have to leave Cleveland and what happened to his low scoring in 2011 Finals wouldnt happened either... but the opposite...

Last edited by pauk : 11-15-2012 at 01:55 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:51 AM   #17
Bandito
pauk's stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
LeBron's got a cooler beard than Jordan so HA!
MJ didn't have to hide that uglyass face lol
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 AM   #18
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

The comparison between Jordan and Lebron ends at Lebron's 2011 finals performance, and ring chasing by joining a superteam formed by a top 3 player's team and star PF at the height of his prime.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 AM   #19
Bandito
pauk's stan

Also Lebron promises a lot of things like a certain championship to a certain team.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:53 AM   #20
RRR3
NBA Legend

I like how LeBron not being as good as the GOAT is supposed to be a mark against him
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 AM   #21
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Quote:
I don't think LeBron is as good as Jordan regardless, so this is a moot point to me, but assuming he was as good as Jordan in a vacuum, he could overcome 2011 depending on how many more rings he gets.

Jordan won 6 in an impressive fashion, I really see no man ever taking over like that again. Lebron is talented but lacks the personality and will to go that extra step imo. Longevity its about to be seen too cause I dont really see him aging well with that kind of game, would need a solid jumper and developing a post game if he wants to be some1 in this league by the age of 30+
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:57 AM   #22
heyhey
stay mad golden state

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Jordan never had a completely new role, system, coach, teammates and a superstar (who only bottlenecked Lebron in the Finals) for us to see how he would fair in that situation... so yes, that conversation is pretty much over since he never was in that situation...

Jordan was only in one situation his entire life, if Lebron had it that way (getting supporting casts, coaches etc. handed to him on a silverplate) then he wouldnt have to leave Cleveland and what happened to his low scoring in 2011 Finals wouldnt happened either... but the opposite...

that's cause Jordan never quit on a team and forced him out of a city that drafted him. Jordan wanted to bring his own team to victory not join some superfriend clique team

Post decision Lebron's legacy can't ever measure up to Jordan's.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:58 AM   #23
I<3NBA
College superstar

he's hoarding it for the the FINALS
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:59 AM   #24
RRR3
NBA Legend

Quote:
Jordan won 6 in an impressive fashion, I really see no man ever taking over like that again. Lebron is talented but lacks the personality and will to go that extra step imo. Longevity its about to be seen too cause I dont really see him aging well with that kind of game, would need a solid jumper and developing a post game if he wants to be some1 in this league by the age of 30+
He has a solid jumper and developing post game. LeBron's already planning ahead. And I said I don't think LBJ can pass Jordan regardless, I was saying assuming he was as good as Jordan (he's not IMO) then he could possibly even with the 2011 choke on his resume. Am I explaining it better?
Old 11-15-2012, 02:03 AM   #25
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Quote:
He has a solid jumper and developing post game. LeBron's already planning ahead. And I said I don't think LBJ can pass Jordan regardless, I was saying assuming he was as good as Jordan (he's not IMO) then he could possibly even with the 2011 choke on his resume. Am I explaining it better?

ya, well in that case, maybe like 5 more champs with some animal playoff runs, all fmvp too
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #26
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Also Lebron promises a lot of things like a certain championship to a certain team.

When? Where? Can you give me some facts or anything on that? Are you maybe refering to "Not 1, Not 2, Not 3......"?

Here is what happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhq1q...feature=relmfu

Interviewer: "Lebron, you guys came here to win a championship? Not one.. but...?"
Lebron: "Not 1, Not 2, not 3...... *and so on* If we take care of our business we truly believe we can win multiple championships."

Which means, Lebron didnt promise anything... but acknowledging the question that they indeed came there to win a championship... they came there to win not 1... not 2... not 3... and so on... is that so wrong? That they came together wanting to win... not 1.. not 2... not 3.... and said that they believe they can win multiple championships, that they can do that if they take care of their business.......

Dont listen to much to Lebron haters who are trying to take his words & meanings out of context....
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #27
RRR3
NBA Legend

Quote:
ya, well in that case, maybe like 5 more champs with some animal playoff runs, all fmvp too
I hope he does that anyways, maybe he can be the 2nd best ever

Damn no Jlauber around to tell me I'm an idiot for saying that
Old 11-15-2012, 02:14 AM   #28
Bandito
pauk's stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
When? Where? Can you give me some facts or anything on that? Are you maybe refering to "Not 1, Not 2, Not 3......"?

Here is what happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhq1q...feature=relmfu

Interviewer: "Lebron, you guys came here to win a championship? Not one.. but...?"
Lebron: "Not 1, Not 2, not 3...... *and so on* If we take care of our business we truly believe we can win multiple championships."

Which means, Lebron didnt promise anything... but acknowledging the question that they indeed came there to win a championship... they came there to win not 1... not 2... not 3... and so on... is that so wrong? That they came together wanting to win... not 1.. not 2... not 3.... and said that they believe they can win multiple championships, that they can do that if they take care of their business.......

Dont listen to much to Lebron haters who are trying to take his words & meanings out of context....
didnt he promised a championship to Cleveland? But no he didn't promise to Miami. But I saw and heard she that reporter ask him that question and flat out promised he won't leave cavs without a championship or am I wrong?

And don't listen to nobody except myself. I know what lebron is and what he's not.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:16 AM   #29
RRR3
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
didnt he promised a championship to Cleveland? But no he didn't promise to Miami. But I saw and heard she that reporter ask him that question and flat out promised he won't leave cavs without a championship or am I wrong?
LeBron has said a lot of dumb things and made mistakes just like most young fellas. His dumb comments just get magnified because he's super famous.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:21 AM   #30
Bandito
pauk's stan

Quote:
LeBron has said a lot of dumb things and made mistakes just like most young fellas. His dumb comments just get magnified because he's super famous.
I don't really care about his stupid stuff, I was using op first post as kind of a joke. As he promised this but he doesn't do what he promises. Don't get butthurt over nothing...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: