Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #196
Math2
Local High School Star

Default Re: Romney says Obama won by showering black, Latino & young voters with big gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic

The child labor laws today are really dumb though....
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #197
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Romney says Obama won by showering black, Latino & young voters with big gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
And if Romney won, it would have been by showering rich people with gifts.

You have a problem with a rich man showing other white men with gifts? Don't you know that white men are the only ones that matter? WTF is wrong with you???
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #198
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by General
Remember when Obama promised he would fix the economy? I can't believe these people fell for his bullshit again. He is a divider, yet people bought his bipartisanship myth again because of a pretty speech. We just have to admit that a large portion of the population really wants free stuff. Like O'reilly said, a lot of people feel like the system is stacked against them. It isn't, it's just an excuse for the weak and lazy to not try harder to succeed.

We now live in a country where people think that punishing success is a good thing. They think this is Robin Hood in real life. When they look at a rich person they think that person has too much! Take some away and give it to the rest of us! Instead of aspiring to be like them and working their asses off to make that happen.

And the republicans aren't dividers?

They've made it white men vs. everyone else.

Ok... Romney got the married woman vote also apparently.

Truth is, he made a great speech after he lost the election. What did he do after that?

He acted like a bitch and basically blamed everyone other than white men for his failures. He showed that leadership would still have been very questionable under him. Can we expect that this poor loser would have been a great leader? Hard to see it from my point of view.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:41 AM   #199
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by General
Not true. The reason Obama won is because he promised a lot more things than Romney did just like he stated. Romney's pitch was I'll bring back the America where if you work hard and follow the rules you will be a success story. You won't need government from craddle to grave to be a success. Obama was out there preaching how it's so unfair that the rich don't pay more, we need their money for you to be a success. Free college for everyone, free healthcare, free contraception..

Americans chose free stuff over hard work. It's that simple.

Take your bullshit cliche republican talking points and shove them up your good for nothing dirty ass.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #200
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
you listen to Rush Limbaugh don't you? i swear almost everything you said is straight out of a right wing talking point spinners mouth

even tho its beating a dead horse you do know where our economy was at when Obama took office? on the verge of a depression, thats where...you know where our economy has been headed recently? Obama graduated from Harvard, spent years in the Senate, what exactly doesn't qualify him to be President? especially when he ran a campaign better than his opponents as well as carried himself much better than Bush or really any Republican running for Prez in recent memory ever has...and i thought Hillary was the Republican target for Bengzhai? she's stepping down you know....

its just laughable to me how so many of you morons keep trying to call the rest of us sheep or idiots

Rush Limbaugh didn't even think Romney was worth the nomination a year ago....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/rush...ye-nomination/

Old 11-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #201
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
Actually, relative to population size, blacks receive more.

But you act as if only rich people vote for republicans, when most of them are people who actually think they should work for their money. Of course people want free stuff, but what makes everyone else want to pay for it?

It's irrelevant if they want to be poor or not, if they are poor, then why is it the fault and/or the responsibility of others to make sure they can have a job?

But they can buy almost whatever you want with food stamps, it's not like it's living very hard.

There are 4 or 5 people I know that backed Romney... People that have or do currently do use entitlements. My niece is on food stamps and she voted for Romney hoping he will crack down on those that aren't responsible and are on welfare... Of course what she really means is that she dislikes the fact that black people can get welfare.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #202
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Sad how some people have NO concept of community or human decency. I know America is based on an individualistic mindset, but republicans are flat out greedy people who only consider themselves..

America was built by people working TOGETHER, and helping their fellow countrymen when needed.

the programs that republicans deride as 'gifts' are mostly the same programs that helped build America in during the 40's and 50's (baby boom generation)

Nowadays since new people are trying to use those same programs that helped Americans in the past, to help themselves today? Now republicans have bought into this huge lie that people make it on their own

They demonize the poor, minorities, women, and whoever else they feel they can get away with

but the good news is that GOP got slapped in the face by the American public this time

The good news is that GOP now has a price to pay for being soo disrespectful to soo many people.

They used be able to race bait and demonize without it hurting them in elections.. Well those days are over and Oreilly and all the FOX sad faced clowns are crying the blues because "traditional" America is dead

thank god

Carlin nailed it years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9iY8Std8nQ

Saying anything negative about anybody that is rich is now dirty talk according to republicans and some libertarians.

You see, I'm a Gary Johnson type of guy in a lot of ways. Libertarians have some nice ideals... Everybody should make on their own, we don't need no stinkin' government etc.... If we cut out welfare then the "takers" will all become hard workers and we will have a nice little Leave to the Beaver society.

Not reality.

Now... I do believe we need entitlement reform. But chances are food stamps does keep food in the mouths of some children in this country that are stuck with lazy parents who do take advantage of the system. Fact is, there are parents in this world that would put that 12 pack of beer above their childrens needs. At the end of the day, welfare puts food in peoples stomach, while wars take lives. So yeah, I'm more upset with our warmongering right now than I am cutting back on welfare.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #203
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
And the republicans aren't dividers?

They've made it white men vs. everyone else.

Ok... Romney got the married woman vote also apparently.

Truth is, he made a great speech after he lost the election. What did he do after that?

He acted like a bitch and basically blamed everyone other than white men for his failures. He showed that leadership would still have been very questionable under him. Can we expect that this poor loser would have been a great leader? Hard to see it from my point of view.

No, the Democrats are the dividers. They don't divide white people so that they are above everyone else, they make them below. The Democrats made it whites vs. all else just because they thought it was fair.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #204
Droid101
NBA All-star

Quote:
No, the Democrats are the dividers. They don't divide white people so that they are above everyone else, they make them below. The Democrats made it whites vs. all else just because they thought it was fair.
Ah, all those lib racists.

Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #205
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Ah, all those lib racists.

Yes, the liberals are the racists in the way that they favor one race against the other.And thanks for showing some pictures of a minority in the Republican Party.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #206
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic

Free Market 1, Government 0

Plentiful jobs, robust industrial booms, Continuous advancement = GOOD THING.

Epic unemployment, Constant Stagnation = VERY BAD THING
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #207
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas

It's not only that (though child labor IN SOME CASES was a bad thing), the child labor laws today are ridiculous. Restrictions on hours worked? I believe it's 40 hours you can work before the employer has to pay you 1.5 times your normal rate overtime. So stupid.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #208
Blue&Orange
MIAfan since Crusades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas

lol there is no such thing as free market. That's what the people that keep taking your money to the bank want you to believe. Free market lol, how sweet, do you believe in Santa Claus also?

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new...es_profits.jpg
http://ansonalex.com/wp-content/uplo...nfographic.jpg
http://abcnews.go.com/US/MadeInAmeri...2#.UKRRpofm7mh
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #209
Droid101
NBA All-star

I voted for Obama, but I haven't received my gift yet.

Maybe I need to update my address on "ObamaPhonesandFreeStuff.gov"
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #210
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

Republicans are basically blaming everyone but white men for losing the election. Everyone else are basically "takers" with no moral compass. Get that shit outta here. The republican party is full of shit and they have been for decades. They failed to land the women vote, the jewish vote, the black vote, latino vote...etc.... It's all the fault of those people! wah wah wah!

It's all their fault that 3 million plus conservatives failed to vote... They failed to bring in independents and they failed to convert Democrats. They lost because they didn't make a case for themselves. More democrats sat home than republicans and the republicans still lost.

Oh, and how did that landslide go that a number of republicans were projecting? The conservative media is a lying sack of shit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: