Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #31
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
So Curtis Martin ranks over Adrian Peterson based on your argument huh prime?
all time I think you have to...you are comparing 14,000 yards to 7,000


Curtis Martin is in the HOF...if AD retired today, I am not sure he would get in...maybe though, it's possible I guess




I fully expect AD to be top-5 all time when he retires though...I am 100% faithful of that, even if he breaks his leg end of this year
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #32
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

Peterson is already > Gale Sayers all time....that is done

Earl too I think
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #33
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,698
Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
you are basically:

3 "God-like years" > 10 "great years"

and I disagree, but I can see the argument

I think this is one debate where we can see both see where the other is coming from and just agree to disagree



Gale being top-10 is another story though

If Martin truly had 10 great years then it would be a different story. I see 3 great ones, a couple very good ones and then some decent and/or average ones.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #34
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

If I had to guess, I would say that Peterson will retire with 15,000 rushing yards

and around 150 TDs...second all time behind only Emmitt Smith who has 164

Peterson's 71 rushing TDs already has him 26th all time...and he is only 26 years old...he is on pace to be an absolute legend

even a chance to pass Emmitt in TDs maybe
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #35
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
If Martin truly had 10 great years then it would be a different story. I see 3 great ones, a couple very good ones and then some decent and/or average ones.
just a semantics argument over what the definition of "great" and "very good" etc is
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,063
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
all time I think you have to...you are comparing 14,000 yards to 7,000


Curtis Martin is in the HOF...if AD retired today, I am not sure he would get in...maybe though, it's possible I guess

You said Adrian Peterson was a Hall of Famer. I swore you did. Not you're hesistant to give him such a title just because you dont want to contradict your argument for Curtis Martin? Who are you kidding?

I would rank Adrian Peterson over Curtis Martin and when you figure out why? You'll better understand why guys like Earl Campbell and Gale Sayers are ranked so highly.

Jerome Bettis has 500yds or so less than Curtis Martin
Jerome Bettier has 1 more TD than Curtis Martin
Therefore you have to rank Jerome Bettis over Adrian Peterson.

Do you agree with this? Same guy who was one of the few in this country that rode blind faith Peterson would return to the NFL before week 1 and be as good as he left. Kudos for that. But I find it hard to believe you rank Martin AND Bettis over Peterson. And yes you never typed Bettis but you have NO CHOICE BUT TOO because your argument would go up in flames.


I saw Curtis Martin and he didnt run like a top 10 RB of all time. Sorry.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #37
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

Peterson WILL BE a HOFer...this I am certain of, yes

if he retired right now?...maybe not, it's close though


Bettis is ALSO a HOFer, and yes all time probably over AD right now...won't be that way when he retires though
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,063
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Peterson WILL BE a HOFer...this I am certain of, yes

if he retired right now?...maybe not, it's close though


Bettis is ALSO a HOFer, and yes all time probably over AD right now...won't be that way when he retires though

If Peterson career ended today I'd rank him over Martin and Bettis. Just because those two have more total yards rushing doesnt mean they are or were better Rbs than Adrian Peterson. You dont have to accept this but I know deep down you do. Good enough for me.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #39
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

Bettis > Gale and Earl too

Bettis was fckin awesome...underrated too for some reason, probably for the same reason Martin is underrated...lack of pretty highlights
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #40
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If Peterson career ended today I'd rank him over Martin and Bettis. Just because those two have more total yards rushing doesnt mean they are or were better Rbs than Adrian Peterson. You dont have to accept this but I know deep down you do. Good enough for me.
if we were ranking primes, I would rank AD top-5 all time

if we are ranking careers?...how can you have him over Bettis or Martin?...there is no way to justify it
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #41
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

Peterson doesn't have to have as many rushing yards as Martin or Bettis for me to rank his career above their careers

but shit he needs to at least be CLOSE, like 10k or 11k...he is half of them right now



he'll get there though soon enough
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,063
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
if we were ranking primes, I would rank AD top-5 all time

if we are ranking careers?...how can you have him over Bettis or Martin?...there is no way to justify it

I'm rankings the best RBs of all time. You can justify it by watching Peterson, Martin, Bettis run with the pigskin. There are things Peterson can do on the field as a RB that Martin/Bettis could not. So skill and abilities Peterson wins. Pull out their primes? Peterson wins. I dont need to review an entire career when a special athlete is in front of my eyes. Its one thing if Peterson didnt play a single down. But he's had games that were among the NFL best in history already. Bettis has had 2 seasons with double digit TDs. Career under 4ypc. I've seen Bettis at his best and he doesnt measure up to Peterson.

So you can try to word it to defend your argument "best career which means who has the most total yards, tds" all you want. There is a reason why some people consider Barry, Jim, Walter as better RBs than Emmitt Smith. Same argument applies here. Has little to do with total yards rushed. IF thats how you want to base "Top 10 Rbs of all time?" Solid. Not me.

And if you ask me why wouldnt I apply this argument to guys like Tomlinson, Faulk? Because they too were special RBs in my eyes. Martin/Bettis were good, never great. Never phenominal. To me they are 2nd tier not first tier. Not with the elite. There are other Rbs I didnt mention I'd rank over Martin. Solid RB, just not great. Bettis solid RB, just not great.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #43
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

SO Bo Jackson > Martin and Bettis too?

he could do things that they couldn't...



you are just ranking primes...not entire careers...Peterson is only 26, he hasn't had a full career yet to top those HOF players
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,063
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
SO Bo Jackson > Martin and Bettis too?

he could do things that they couldn't...



you are just ranking primes...not entire careers...Peterson is only 26, he hasn't had a full career yet to top those HOF players

I guess missing the point is your thing huh?

When you look at the top 10 RBs of all time. There is no set criteria. I do not look at the total yards of a persons career and rank accordingly. You obviously do. Memo to you, when you go around lookin at other peoples list some of whom you respect I doubt the criteria would follows yours..."entire career".

There is a reason why guys like Gale Sayers, Earl Campbell are on top 10 lists more than Curtis Martin, Jerome Bettis. If and when you SEE that point? And upon seeing it you actually GET THAT POINT? Then we'll be on the same page.

"But you're not ranking entire careers tho" is what your response will be right?

As far as Bo Jackson I've seen him rank him top 10 or among the top 15. Not saying I agree. Cant recall ever seeing a list with Martin/Bettis ranked high given their CAREERs. I wonder why. Do you know?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #45
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top Ten Running Backs of the Millennium

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I guess missing the point is your thing huh?

When you look at the top 10 RBs of all time. There is no set criteria. I do not look at the total yards of a persons career and rank accordingly. You obviously do. Memo to you, when you go around lookin at other peoples list some of whom you respect I doubt the criteria would follows yours..."entire career".

There is a reason why guys like Gale Sayers, Earl Campbell are on top 10 lists more than Curtis Martin, Jerome Bettis. If and when you SEE that point? And upon seeing it you actually GET THAT POINT? Then we'll be on the same page.

"But you're not ranking entire careers tho" is what your response will be right?

As far as Bo Jackson I've seen him rank him top 10 or among the top 15. Not saying I agree. Cant recall ever seeing a list with Martin/Bettis ranked high given their CAREERs. I wonder why. Do you know?
yeah, it's because they are ranking primes over careers like I have been saying this whole fckin time...

do YOU see that or no?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy