Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 03:04 AM   #61
shoops
High School JV MVP

shoops has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Official "Discuss Jeremy Lin's Performance" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Who would you rank behind Lin?
I've seen your posts on clutchfans, LOF:er..

Lin is one of the worst starting point guards in the league, period.
Lol no, I like Lin, but I can actually be objective about him, I don't make bogus excuses about his play. He's shooting poorly, not much else to say about him.

And I'm not even talking about Lin in the list, I mean in general, everyone else as a whole.
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:18 AM   #62
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoops
Lol no, I like Lin, but I can actually be objective about him, I don't make bogus excuses about his play. He's shooting poorly, not much else to say about him.

And I'm not even talking about Lin in the list, I mean in general, everyone else as a whole.

Lin is better than his play as of late. He doesn't have the explosion and I believe it's messed with his lift in his shot. I dislike what happened with him and the Knicks this Summer, but he'll do better.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:26 AM   #63
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoops
Lol, hope ur not srs about that list, otherwise it's a pretty crappy ranking, it's like you're trying to rank some by reputation and others by the past few games. Also, you forgot Mario Chalmers.
ok who did i mess up in your opinion?
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:38 AM   #64
hon
DURAS

hon has decent reputation

One thing I've noticed is he sure hustles for loose balls and rebounds...
hon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #65
Digital Lee
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Digital Lee has an OK reputation so far

i dont think lin has impressed anyone yet. hes just doing ok, i can see him doing poorly against great defenders
Digital Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:48 AM   #66
shoops
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
ok who did i mess up in your opinion?
Just in general overall, but I'll point a few. For instance, Nash hasn't played much recently and when he has, has just played ok, but I'm assuming you put him up there by reputation. Wall hasn't played particularly well either in his sophomore year, and he hasn't even played games in this season yet. Ray Felton has probably been playing better as of late than where you put him, relatively speaking. Lawson is playing pretty badly now atm too, but he's def not that bad regularly. Etc, etc. Just saying if this is your actual list, your criteria seems to be a bit too haphazard. Anyways, it's just kinda bad to rank players linearly...

Last edited by shoops : 11-19-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #67
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Updated for LA Game. The official Jeremy Lin excuse tour is in full effect in the media, how NY was too much for him, he can't trust anyone, it messed up his game, etc. Because nothing is Lin's fault, it was NY for putting too much pressure on him. (Let's not acknowledge the adoration, let's just call it pressure.)

Last edited by niko : 11-19-2012 at 09:47 AM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #68
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board

Knick fans are obnoxious.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #69
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

you could say jeremy's play has been LIN-ited this season
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #70
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
The official Jeremy Lin excuse tour is in full effect in the media, how NY was too much for him, he can't trust anyone, it messed up his game, etc. Because nothing is Lin's fault, it was NY for putting too much pressure on him. (Let's not acknowledge the adoration, let's just call it pressure.)
Did you hear the one that says Houston isn't good enough for Jeremy, and that he needs to be traded to the Lakers?

Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #71
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Did you hear the one that says Houston isn't good enough for Jeremy, and that he needs to be traded to the Lakers?

NO, but i wouldn't be surprised with the crap his people put out there. He's either spinning, or he's very weak minded because the NY crowds gave him love like you wouldn't believe. For that to be a burden and not something that fueled him (which is what it looked like at the time) is unbelievable to me. It looked like the most fun thing in the world to be him and he's saying it was horrible. It was a few freaking weeks, not ten years. It's mind boggling.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #72
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

why is everyone so hard on lin

he's putting up 7 APG while sharing the playmaking role with Harden and only logging like 31mpg

if he would just knock down a few open jumpers he would be having a respectable season. and i would think he can rediscover his stroke sometime in the next few months.

people acting like he's just straight garbage or something

Last edited by heyhey : 11-19-2012 at 04:28 PM.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #73
shoops
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Updated for LA Game. The official Jeremy Lin excuse tour is in full effect in the media, how NY was too much for him, he can't trust anyone, it messed up his game, etc. Because nothing is Lin's fault, it was NY for putting too much pressure on him. (Let's not acknowledge the adoration, let's just call it pressure.)
Lol dude, you still sound butthurt over Lin. Not sure where you're getting that stuff from. I suppose you get your news from tabloids too? Just let it go or something, your team is doing well and Felton is playing great.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #74
KungFuJoe
Local High School Star

KungFuJoe has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
why is everyone so hard on lin

he's putting up 7 APG while sharing the playmaking role with Harden and only logging like 31mpg

if he would just knock down a few open jumpers he would be having a respectable season. and i would think he can rediscover his stroke sometime in the next few months.

people acting like he's just straight garbage or something

I think what's got people shaking their heads is that he's playing scared. And it doesn't help that he gets pulled from the game late due to not playing defense. His main problem is confidence and if the coaching staff doesn't show confidence in him, it will just make it worse.

The defense part is a bit confusing for me. Granted I haven't been able to see the last few games, but whenever I've seen him, his defense hasn't been that bad. Granted, it's not stellar and he still goes under screens too much, but he generally stays in front of his guy and he gets a lot of steals. I know Lilliard went off, but was it Lin's defense or just a guy having a great night?
KungFuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #75
shoops
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
The defense part is a bit confusing for me. Granted I haven't been able to see the last few games, but whenever I've seen him, his defense hasn't been that bad. Granted, it's not stellar and he still goes under screens too much, but he generally stays in front of his guy and he gets a lot of steals. I know Lilliard went off, but was it Lin's defense or just a guy having a great night?
Lillard didn't actually go off on Lin, he went off near the end of the game and on Douglas. Props to Lillard for that though. Lin didn't help at the post and slack off on Lillard at the 3 in the latest Portland game. However, he tried to give help d yesterday on Howard several times unsuccessfully, and it left his man wide open for a 3. Bad idea, but I think it was a coaching decision to double/triple the post, as he wasn't the only one. Would've been better probably used his own judgment and disregard the coach, and stuck to his man though. He looked a bit sluggish on defense vs the Lakers and his D didn't look great, but it was the 3s that were problematic.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: