Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What are the ex-Knicks doing ?

This thread should be used to comment on any player that wore a Knicks uniform.

Here are the stats of some players that played for the Knicks in the last 2 seasons.

Jeremy Lin (HOU): 13 PPG,5.5 RPG,7 APG, 36% FG, 23% 3-pt
Toney Douglas (HOU): 2 PPG,1 RPG,1.8 APG, 11% FG, 0% 3-PT
Landry Fields (TOR): 2.4 PPG,3.2 RPG,1.6 APG, 21% FG, 0% 3-pt
Jared Jeffries (POR): 0.8 PPG,1 RPG,0.2 APG, 33% FG, 0% 3-pt
Danilo Gallinari (DEN): 14.3 PPG,7 RPG,2.8 APG, 30% FG, 19% 3-pt
Roger Mason (NOH): 4.5 PPG,1.8 RPG,1 APG, 36% FG, 40% 3-pt
Wilson Chandler (DEN): 6.3 PPG,5.3 RPG,0 APG, 27% FG, 29% 3-pt
Timofey Mozgov (DEN): 5.4 PPG,4.1 RPG,1 BPG, 53% FG
Anthony Randolph (DEN): 7.4 PPG,3.6 RPG,1 BPG, 47% FG
Ronny Turiaf (LAC): 1.4 PPG,2.2 RPG,1 BPG, 67% FG

I'll update the stats every now and then.

For start,let's see how Turiaf's doing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_CVAJBIwTA
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What are the ex-Knicks doing ?

getting rid of jeffries and fields was KEY
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
getting rid of jeffries and fields was KEY
I actually liked Jeffries. He wasn't talented but he was playing extremely hard,not bad for 10 minutes per game.
Fields was one of my favorite Knicks in his rookie season but his shot was horrible in the 2nd year and it looks like it's getting even worse
Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

only decent one is gallo on that list

sometimes i like to think of that trade as if JR came along also...melo being here was key for him to sign along with his hometown being nearby
then we get felton back from that trade... i think we did pretty good from that trade... those 3 guys are our top scorers this season
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
Clutch
Stop flopping

Another memorable Turiaf moment from this season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcTx_09MtU4

Guy is getting dunked on almost every game
Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alot of centers get dunked on.

Ewing got dunked on alot, at least he was dominant in challenging the shot.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #7
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
only decent one is gallo on that list

sometimes i like to think of that trade as if JR came along also...melo being here was key for him to sign along with his hometown being nearby
then we get felton back from that trade... i think we did pretty good from that trade... those 3 guys are our top scorers this season
Jr choosing the Knicks can be included- and Camby too
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #8
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Alot of centers get dunked on.

Ewing got dunked on alot, at least he was dominant in challenging the shot.
I actually like when a player shows the effort to contest it even though he knows there's a chance he'll get dunked on.

But you must admit it's funny
Old 11-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't miss any of them lol. I think this kind of puts the "we shouldn't have traded for Melo" thing to rest lol

Those guys went on to get contracts we couldn't afford to give them. Not if we wanted a shot at anybody close to being a star. I liked Chandler most out of that group. If he wasn't so expensive, I'd trade for him. I think he's better than his numbers indicate. That team is ridiculously SF heavy. There just isn't enough time in a game to play him, Iggy, Gallo and Brewer. I think he'd fit in well with us. He plays D. He rebounds. He scores from multiple places on the court. Randolph and Mozgov also wouldn't be terrible to have for the right price. I think Randolph, out of anyone, would be he guy I'd want back. He's cheap, he's talented and he could contribute almost immediately.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

chandler was the guy i was hoping would sign with us after his stint in china, still would like him back if we cud trade for him but he is a tad bit expenisve right now
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
Court Vision
#KnicksTape

Court Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I don't miss any of them lol. I think this kind of puts the "we shouldn't have traded for Melo" thing to rest lol

Those guys went on to get contracts we couldn't afford to give them. Not if we wanted a shot at anybody close to being a star. I liked Chandler most out of that group. If he wasn't so expensive, I'd trade for him. I think he's better than his numbers indicate. That team is ridiculously SF heavy. There just isn't enough time in a game to play him, Iggy, Gallo and Brewer. I think he'd fit in well with us. He plays D. He rebounds. He scores from multiple places on the court. Randolph and Mozgov also wouldn't be terrible to have for the right price. I think Randolph, out of anyone, would be he guy I'd want back. He's cheap, he's talented and he could contribute almost immediately.

This sums it up pretty well.

Don't miss any of those guys to any large degree.
Court Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #12
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

We got Felton back. We're finally starting to rebuild after the disastrous Melo trade.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
We got Felton back. We're finally starting to rebuild after the disastrous Melo trade.
Had we not made that trade, we'd probably re-sign all of those guys.

Imagine how our team would have faired with Amare out. Laughing stock
Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #14
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Had we not made that trade, we'd probably re-sign all of those guys.

Imagine how our team would have faired with Amare out. Laughing stock
Do you agree with Amare coming off the bench when he gets back, or are money and ego's gonna take precedent?
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
Do you agree with Amare coming off the bench when he gets back, or are money and ego's gonna take precedent?
Well firstly, I dont wanna see him back until he is 100%. That way, we can get an accurate evaluation. Secondly, lets give him a chance before we make a drastic move like that. It isnt out of the realm of possibility that Amare could actually help our starting 5 become an even better team.

You know whats weird, never thought Id say it, but we need a Gallo type guy off the bench. A guy with the height of a pf that can play sf. Anthony Randolph is another example.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: