Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
baller03
Kids at the park dunk on me

baller03 has an OK reputation so far
Default Frustration is kicking in...

What the hell is going on here. We have no defense, no offense, no rebounding. Our offense is so stagnant and the opposing teams know exactly what we are going to do all the time. What do we have to do get this team turned around and start competing. My patience is running short when I see no motivation from the players to even hussle for the ball. Also, Ross is getting minimal playing time especially behind Anderson (is this dude really our future?). Let's get JV more touches in the post and run some PICK AND ROLLS for this dude he made a living out of this on his previous team.

What are your thoughts ?
baller03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Re: Frustration is kicking in...

Sorry - not to be mean but you may have had a misplaced sense of optimism.

I think a lot of us projected Raptors 10th place in east. This traditionally translates to around 35 wins on average over the years.

Not withstanding this very young line up and I suppose upside in a number of few players to be realized.... this team does simply does not have the proven talent yet to compete.

Compare this to the vetern "old" line up of the Knicks for example. People dis'ed the team but Kidd/Felton/ Camby add a lot at clutch time. They know their roles - they know how to win !

It could be even worse - this team "could be capable" of only 28 wins honestly. So much of the Raptor improvement comes from commitment to D fence ... but those type of gains only go so far. Other teams inprove as well. Other teams aquire talent to make the Raptors commitment to D not enough to overcome talent gaps.

Last edited by Jballer : 11-08-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
00playboy00
I brick open layups

00playboy00 has an OK reputation so far

trade bargani and calderon = changing the culture.

Last edited by 00playboy00 : 11-08-2012 at 04:17 PM.
00playboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Easy answer. It's the Raptors.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Still, Raptors have the same records as Lakers. So, yeah......
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
neilio23
I hit open layups

neilio23 has an OK reputation so far

Frustration settles in every time I see Fields attempt a layup...
neilio23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller03
What the hell is going on here. We have no defense, no offense, no rebounding. Our offense is so stagnant and the opposing teams know exactly what we are going to do all the time. What do we have to do get this team turned around and start competing. My patience is running short when I see no motivation from the players to even hussle for the ball. Also, Ross is getting minimal playing time especially behind Anderson (is this dude really our future?). Let's get JV more touches in the post and run some PICK AND ROLLS for this dude he made a living out of this on his previous team.

What are your thoughts ?

Team's makeup is terrible. Outside of lowry/jv and Derozan's pleasant start (minus the opener) this team doesnt really have much going for it.

Dont let whatever bs BC and co spew out get to you. This team isnt good enough to be a playoff team. Even if lowry decides to stay in this **** hole and jv/derozan hit their potential this team isnt good enough to be a perennial contender. (I would think they would be an allstar sf away, dont know where he'll come from though). But I see where you are coming from, they should give the young guys alot of burn (ED, JV, Ross) and see what they have.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller03

What are your thoughts ?

I thought this was expected?
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #9
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

At its best, this team is probably 35 wins in the East. It may climb up to the high 40s in the future if we keep our young core together and they develop but there probably isn't enough talent to ever challenge for a top 4 seed for the next while.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #10
Carrib
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Carrib has an OK reputation so far

why does all Toronto professional sport teams suck?.. why cant us fans get a dam break.
Carrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Raptors fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjQZNAfxaTw#t=00m06s
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #12
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would be ok if everyone in the entire organization was out other than Lowry and Valanciunas. All the other players, the entire management staff, all the coaches, the trainers, the PR staff, the janitors, etc. Blow it the hell up.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #13
stalf
I airball my layups

stalf has an OK reputation so far

fields out
bargs out ( hes had 7 years )
Ajohnson out (7mil/yr)
calderon out
too bad derozan wasnt 5-7mil/year. :/
stalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:55 AM   #14
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I would be ok if everyone in the entire organization was out other than Lowry and Valanciunas. All the other players, the entire management staff, all the coaches, the trainers, the PR staff, the janitors, etc. Blow it the hell up.

Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalf
fields out
bargs out ( hes had 7 years )
Ajohnson out (7mil/yr)
calderon out
too bad derozan wasnt 5-7mil/year. :/
Out- fields, Bargnani, Amir, Calderon
In- Ryan Anderson, Darren collison, Shawn Marion
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: