Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default I enjoy so much watching this team play

Effort,leadership,cohesiveness,ball movement,charisma. You name it.

Just need to say one more word: SHEEEEEEEEEEEED

That's all

PROUD TO BE A KNICK FAN
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: I enjoy so much watching this team play

ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:37 AM   #3
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

sheed barking out orders from the bench, our guys who come off the bench are all defensive minded, kidd off to a good start

i cant imagine how our minutes will get split up when amare/shump/camby/sheed hit the floor

looks like prigs and thomas might get the short straw, probably reduce melos minutes from 40 to 35...probably all the starters might take a 5 minute hit depending on game situations
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm cautiously optimistic but I will say it's very fun to watch us be effective on both ends of the court. I hate the term "play the right way" but that's exactly what we're doing. When we would win under "the other Mike", I couldn't get hyped because I knew that wasn't a long term recipe for success and we wouldn't win meaningful basketball games playing that way. Not only have we beat two solid conference foes, but we did it with mostly sound basketball principles. Solid defense and ball movement. We still switch more than I'd like and we still lack creativity by guys off the dribble, but I'm encouraged that the IQ and principles of our basketball team has gone up.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'm cautiously optimistic but I will say it's very fun to watch us be effective on both ends of the court. I hate the term "play the right way" but that's exactly what we're doing. When we would win under "the other Mike", I couldn't get hyped because I knew that wasn't a long term recipe for success and we wouldn't win meaningful basketball games playing that way. Not only have we beat two solid conference foes, but we did it with mostly sound basketball principles. Solid defense and ball movement. We still switch more than I'd like and we still lack creativity by guys off the dribble, but I'm encouraged that the IQ and principles of our basketball team has gone up.
I agree. When we won games under D'Antoni it was because we either made shots or the other teams were missing their open looks.

No defense,no gameplan. Just run,launch threes and hope they will go in.

Right now we're playing very good defense,limiting opponents to 84 points. When your opponent scores just 84 points then you'll win in 95% of cases.
Playing defense allows you to get out and run,get some easy baskets but it also always keeps you in games. You won't always shoot well but by playing defense you know that even if you're having a bad shooting night you can still win because your opponent won't score a lot of points either.

Last edited by Clutch : 11-05-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I agree. When we won games under D'Antoni it was because we either made shots or the other teams were missing their open looks.

No defense,no gameplan. Just run,launch threes and hope they will go in.

Right now we're playing very good defense,limiting opponents to 84 points. When your opponent scores just 84 points then you'll win in 95% of cases.
Playing defense allows you to get out and run,get some easy baskets but it also always keeps you in games. You won't always shoot well but by playing defense you know that even if you're having a bad shooting night you can still win because your opponent won't score a lot of points either.
I'm also impressed with our team rebounding so far. That's one thing I have to give Kidd credit for. Unlike Rondo, he knows when to go for a rebound and when he's the last line of defense. Hopefully this remains true throughout the year. So far, we have so many guys flying to the ball, we have to yell "same team". That's great. Growing up, the good coaches always tell you...rebounding is about 90% effort and 10% technique. If Chandler boxed out properly, he could average 15 boards a game. He just wants to tap the ball now though.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: