Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 11-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #31
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Backup Plan: Who is next best coach suitable for Lakers if/when Mike Brown get fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Wasn't Derek Fisher still in the league then

Maybe Fish will come back as an assistant coach.......

One thing to fear is that if Phil comes back he may demand we bring back Luke Walton
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #32
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Backup Plan: Who is next best coach suitable for Lakers if/when Mike Brown get fired?

In all seriousness about that last playoff series with Phil, in a recent interview Kobe did say how bad he felt about that. Kobe said his knee was in really bad shape and he was basically playing on one leg. He said he wasn't able to give Phil his all and he really didn't want Phil to go out like that but that it wasn't Phil's fault at all. Combine that with Fish who couldn't play anymore and that just wasn't going to get it done in the playoffs.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #33
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

Maybe Fish will come back as an assistant coach.......

One thing to fear is that if Phil comes back he may demand we bring back Luke Walton

I'd love to see Fish as an assistant to Phil. Coaching just seems like something that would come natural to him and he could learn a ton from Phil (not that he probably hasn't already).
Old 11-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #34
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Wasn't Derek Fisher still in the league then

Yes, it was his last season with the Lakers before being traded to OKC. Who on the Lakers has replaced Derek Fisher? Oh, right....39 year old Steve Nash who is most likely out for the next month or so and who hasn't played more than 20 minutes a game for the last couple of seasons.

Anyway, back to my question. Wasn't Phil coaching when the Lakers were swept out of the playoffs? Just asking is all...
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #35
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
Yes, it was his last season with the Lakers before being traded to OKC. Who on the Lakers has replaced Derek Fisher? Oh, right....39 year old Steve Nash who is most likely out for the next month or so and who hasn't played more than 20 minutes a game for the last couple of seasons.

Anyway, back to my question. Wasn't Phil coaching when the Lakers were swept out of the playoffs? Just asking is all...

Yup, he was. I mentioned what Kobe said about that above. Even though Nash is old, he still has some game left in him. Fish should've been done for years.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #36
LA Lakers
High school junior varsity star

LA Lakers has no real reputation yet.

Phil Jackson. If he doesnt want it, then Sloan the only other option.
LA Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #37
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax

Sure.....but Phil was also the coach when the Lakers won 5 Championships.......oh and all 6 of Michael Jordan's Championships too.....and you point is??????

And before you get there, Phil didn't have Dwight Howard nor Steve Nash.
This would be by light years the best team Phil has ever coached.......and unless you have a coach who has been more successful then I don't think you have a point. Oh....I know, you think we should've kept Mike Brown
Old 11-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #38
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Haha.... qrich = Clippers fan trying to ruin our team.....lol.

They are talking to him now

He would be a damn good fit though, imo.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #39
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
They are talking to him now

He would be a damn good fit though, imo.

They are not talking to Dumbleavy....lol, nice try
Old 11-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #40
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Quote:
Mike Dunleavy will interview with the Lakers on Sunday.

The name of former Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan has come up as well, be he's said he's not a candidate for the job.

"They won't contact me," Sloan said. "I'm not concerned about that."

"I'm concerned that my name is being thrown out there every time a job is open," Sloan said. "It makes me look like I'm desperate. I'm not campaigning for any jobs."

It's has become clear to all involved Jackson is the first target.

A source close to Jackson said Saturday: "I can't imagine this not working out. Phil's health is fine now. That's no issue at all. Phil's feisty. He gets feisty when he's ready to coach. He likes this Lakers team."

Jackson also has been in touch with potential assistant coaches in the past two days, the source said.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...les-lakers-job
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #41
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Interview tomorrow
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 AM   #42
mr sax

Quote:
Sure.....but Phil was also the coach when the Lakers won 5 Championships.......oh and all 6 of Michael Jordan's Championships too.....and you point is??????

And before you get there, Phil didn't have Dwight Howard nor Steve Nash.
This would be by light years the best team Phil has ever coached.......and unless you have a coach who has been more successful then I don't think you have a point. Oh....I know, you think we should've kept Mike Brown

And Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen had nothing to do with winning those championships? Or Kobe Bryant and Shaq? Hey, let's get Pat Riley. He won a few championships.

Regarding Steve Nash, when is he coming back? Who will play the point in the meantime, Steve Blake the guy who everyone here rags on?

Please get off the ridiculous notion that I was a Mike Brown fan. It does no one any good to endlessly bitch about the guy because management doesn't care what anyone here says. Believe it or not, they don't even care what you have to say, DK.

I'll put money on it that even with Phil Jackson the Lakers will not win the championship this year. They are too old.

I'm a very honest guy so if you'd like to wager I will meet anyone here in person to pay up if I lose.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:06 AM   #43
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Like Sax said ^^^

We're championship contender most likely but it does not necessarily guarantee we will win a championship and the only reason is definitely because of age. Look at what happened to Steve Nash in less than half a second. He got hurt, and because he's so old, its going to take much longer than the average time for his leg to heal.

I also agree with DK.

Phil Jackson isn't an amazing coach because of his X's and O's, but he's just a weird dude. By weird, I mean that he's got this talent that no other coach has. This talent is being the best motivator, mind preparer. The man gets the best out of each and everyone of his players, from 1-15. Who else can do that?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #44
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

i vote for a duo of playing coach Kobe and non playing coach DFish.

and i never thought about Dunleavy for one second...
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #45
mr sax

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Like Sax said ^^^

We're championship contender most likely but it does not necessarily guarantee we will win a championship and the only reason is definitely because of age. Look at what happened to Steve Nash in less than half a second. He got hurt, and because he's so old, its going to take much longer than the average time for his leg to heal.

I also agree with DK.

Phil Jackson isn't an amazing coach because of his X's and O's, but he's just a weird dude. By weird, I mean that he's got this talent that no other coach has. This talent is being the best motivator, mind preparer. The man gets the best out of each and everyone of his players, from 1-15. Who else can do that?

Agreed, but this is a tough situation for Phil to walk into seeing as Laker management already has the most expensive roster in the league even without Phil Jackson's salary. I'm thinking he'll expect at least 10 million which would put a heck of a lot of pressure on him to win a championship which the fans will expect. Although it's also a lot of dough, it's also a lot of stress.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: