Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #31
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,299
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

Franchise the only part I disagree with was about New Orleans...

I wont lie I wouldnt have mined them trading for Mayo but it would have depended on the price. The first 2 years he was exceptional but after that there just wasnt much talent shown in the role he had.

Knickcity I do agree with your point its good the knicks dictate what they want to do instead of the other way around. But I do think its because 2 starters and 2 bench players are out not like he has many choices based on talent.

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #32
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 15,789
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
One thing i am enjoying early on in this season is the Knicks are not changing their gameplan just because the opponent is different.

Woodson has his guys he's rolling with early in the game, and a set way of how they are going to play.

No more adjusting to the opponent, they must adjust to us.

I also think the Knicks post their highest margin of victory tomorrow as well.
That's not an easy thing to do. I doubt we'll beat them by 22+ points.
I would be happy with a win,no matter if it's 1 or 50 point win.
Actually I would maybe even prefer a 1 point win,I want to see a close game.

Usually I'm all nervous during games but with the Knicks winning by 20 points in the first 3 games I have never felt so calm. I actually miss being nervous once in a while
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #33
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,681
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
That's not an easy thing to do. I doubt we'll beat them by 22+ points.
I would be happy with a win,no matter if it's 1 or 50 point win.
Actually I would maybe even prefer a 1 point win,I want to see a close game.

Usually I'm all nervous during games but with the Knicks winning by 20 points in the first 3 games I have never felt so calm. I actually miss being nervous once in a while

You shut your mouth right now lol Don't you jinx us!

Quote:
I wont lie I wouldnt have mined them trading for Mayo but it would have depended on the price. The first 2 years he was exceptional but after that there just wasnt much talent shown in the role he had.

Supposedly, two years ago we balked on the opportunity of trading for Mayo for Landry Fields. Mayo's drop in production and demotion came because of that off the court stuff; not because of his play on the court.

The Mavs game will be a tought one. They are overachieving just like us and have veteran guys who have pride and toughness too. Rick Carlisle teams don't just lay down. He's a top 5 coach in the league IMO
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #34
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 15,789
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
You shut your mouth right now lol Don't you jinx us!
I remember knickscity jinxed us last season

There was a bunch of overreaction threads at the start of the season. He bumped them all after we started winning. The moment after he did that we lost to New Orleans which ended our (I think) 7 game winning streak.

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=252534

Last edited by Clutch : 11-08-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #35
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,318
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

I wanted Mayo at one point. Mayo and Dragic.

Those were the days.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #36
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,681
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I wanted Mayo at one point. Mayo and Dragic.

Those were the days.
That would be nice backcourt!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:21 AM   #37
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,394
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

9-1 anybody? we should be able to knock out hornets and mavs

both will be tough and probably be decided in less than 10 points
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 AM   #38
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 15,789
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
9-1 anybody? we should be able to knock out hornets and mavs

both will be tough and probably be decided in less than 10 points
9-1 would be awesome but it will definitely be tough. I would be ok with 8-2 but we should be aiming for 9-1.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #39
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,198
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

With the next 7 games coming up, the Knicks very well could lose just one....

@No
@Dallas possible loss.
@Houston
Detroit
@Brooklyn
Milwaukee
@Washington

A legit chance to open the first month at 14-1? Unreal.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #40
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 15,789
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
With the next 7 games coming up, the Knicks very well could lose just one....

@No
@Dallas possible loss.
@Houston
Detroit
@Brooklyn
Milwaukee
@Washington

A legit chance to open the first month at 14-1? Unreal.
I just want to smash Houston,Brooklyn and Milwaukee. If we do that I don't care how the rest of them will play out
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #41
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,681
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I just want to smash Houston,Brooklyn and Milwaukee. If we do that I don't care how the rest of them will play out
I want to beat Brooklyn and Houston too lol

I think the toughest games are Brooklyn, Houston and Milwaukee ironically. This Hornets game worries me because, while they suck, they have some nice young talent that could sneak up on you.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #42
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 15,789
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I want to beat Brooklyn and Houston too lol

I think the toughest games are Brooklyn, Houston and Milwaukee ironically. This Hornets game worries me because, while they suck, they have some nice young talent that could sneak up on you.
Hornets play hard,especially on their home court. Knicks need to be extremely careful. Pistons and Wizards shouldn't give us problems.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #43
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,299
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
With the next 7 games coming up, the Knicks very well could lose just one....

@No
@Dallas possible loss.
@Houston
Detroit
@Brooklyn
Milwaukee
@Washington

A legit chance to open the first month at 14-1? Unreal.
Now the Knicks are going to be tested with a real NBA schedule.

20th 8:00 PM @No
21st 8:30 PM @Dallas
23rd 8:00 PM @Houston
25th 1:00 PM Detroit
26th 7:00 PM @Brooklyn
28th 8:00 PM Milwaukee
30th 7:30 PM @Washington

5-2 isnt bad. Dallas, Brooklyn, Milwaukee based on talent could be tough but 7 games in 10 days is a tough feat with this older team and the unwillingness of Woodson to adjust Melo's position based on opponent.

The Knicks has to beat NO, Houston, Detroit, Washington because they are just not talented. That should be 4 wins.

Dallas 2nd night of a back to back on the road wont be mad if they lose. Milwaukee has feasted on the drudges of the league but confidence can go a long way. Brooklyn has a big front court.

I think teams with talented or big bruising front courts will give the Knicks issues. So I would imagine Dallas and Brooklyn would have the best chances to beat the Knicks.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #44
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 15,789
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Now the Knicks are going to be tested with a real NBA schedule.

20th 8:00 PM @No
21st 8:30 PM @Dallas
23rd 8:00 PM @Houston
25th 1:00 PM Detroit
26th 7:00 PM @Brooklyn
28th 8:00 PM Milwaukee
30th 7:30 PM @Washington

5-2 isnt bad. Dallas, Brooklyn, Milwaukee based on talent could be tough but 7 games in 10 days is a tough feat with this older team and the unwillingness of Woodson to adjust Melo's position based on opponent.

The Knicks has to beat NO, Houston, Detroit, Washington because they are just not talented. That should be 4 wins.

Dallas 2nd night of a back to back on the road wont be mad if they lose. Milwaukee has feasted on the drudges of the league but confidence can go a long way. Brooklyn has a big front court.

I think teams with talented or big bruising front courts will give the Knicks issues. So I would imagine Dallas and Brooklyn would have the best chances to beat the Knicks.
Yeah,big bruising Lopez and Humphries. Softest froncourt in the league
One is a 7 footer who grabs 5 rebounds in 30+ minutes and the second one is more famous for his marriage than for his play.
Just because they are tall it doesn't mean they play like it.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #45
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,299
Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Yeah,big bruising Lopez and Humphries. Softest froncourt in the league
One is a 7 footer who grabs 5 rebounds in 30+ minutes and the second one is more famous for his marriage than for his play.
Just because they are tall it doesn't mean they play like it.
Its ok I said talented or bruising.... If you dont think much of the BK Nets front court its fine.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy