Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #76
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

missed the game. anyway, apart from the things mentioned above, i'm still wondering what to think of mister joseph johnson. i see he's been very efficient at 3PT% and pretty much a wasteland everywhere else on offense stats. pretty hard to stomach that a 6'8" SG (supposedly one of the best in the league) is only grabbing 2.8 rebounds and throwing 2.8 assists per game. OTOH, supposedly he has high BBIQ, can play solid defense and helps the team in intangibles.

i never really watched him when he was on the hawks.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #77
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Yeah, I figured. The Magic wasnt that bad until they played us, so maybe this team deserves more credits than they have received so far?

Anyway what do you think about Avery Johnson's coaching? Id say hes just about average, if not a little bit below. Good to know the Nets are talented enough to crush weak teams even without a coach.
I agree he is an average coach, I don't think he is as terrible as a lot of people currently think he is. I feel like the blame has to go both ways. The offense does look terrible at times where we basically just Iso Joe or post Brook. There doesn't seem to be a play book which makes our offense seem awkward at times. We can blame Avery but the players have to take some blame too.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:54 AM   #78
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
missed the game. anyway, apart from the things mentioned above, i'm still wondering what to think of mister joseph johnson. i see he's been very efficient at 3PT% and pretty much a wasteland everywhere else on offense stats. pretty hard to stomach that a 6'8" SG (supposedly one of the best in the league) is only grabbing 2.8 rebounds and throwing 2.8 assists per game. OTOH, supposedly he has high BBIQ, can play solid defense and helps the team in intangibles.

i never really watched him when he was on the hawks.
Me neither. The only way he gets his points so far this season is by isolation. I feel like he's used to scoring like that because he played on the Hawks for the past few seasons as the main focal point of the offense. I also think we're not utilizing Joe's full potential. This guy averaged 20ppg for 5 straight seasons so for him to be only scoring 13 right now means something should change.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:10 AM   #79
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Well Joe Johnson played well with the Suns with Steve Nash as the dominant ball-handler, there's definitely a way for him to exhibit good chemistry with Deron. The coach needs to find it though, it wont come from nowhere.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #80
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

WE HELD A LEAD!

Joe had his break out game with us today. Deron and Brook played well too. Solid game all around.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #81
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Good win for us, although the defense still looks crappy. We held the Magic to 68pts and then 74pts, thought the defense has improved. But anyway, the Magic put up a fight against the Knicks, they may not be that bad(perhaps we just had a huge match-up advantage).
Old 11-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #82
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

That stat that Ian Eagle said where we're like 4th in 1st half points but last in 2nd half points is effed up. Gotta learn how to close out! I feel like our teams beginning to mold though, these games against sub par teams will be good experience for the contenders.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #83
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

all this recent talk of geling, molding and jelling has really put me in the mood for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
WE HELD A LEAD!

Joe had his break out game with us today. Deron and Brook played well too. Solid game all around.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #84
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
all this recent talk of geling, molding and jelling has really put me in the mood for...

Just had some Jello myself
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #85
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
That stat that Ian Eagle said where we're like 4th in 1st half points but last in 2nd half points is effed up. Gotta learn how to close out! I feel like our teams beginning to mold though, these games against sub par teams will be good experience for the contenders.

We didnt need ian or czar say it for us to be aware. Its pretty obvious. I dont care how much we are up by from now on i cant feel safe until the very end lool

Second test of the season coming up vs boston. Better bring an A game. Every national televised games so far has been an embarrassment.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #86
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Mirza needs to be inserted into the rotation. During the 2nd half the lane gets clogged and the offense gets bogged down. Mirza has a reputation as a shooter, and can be played with Reggie for a 5 minute stretch or two. I like Blatche, but he gets tunnel vision out there at times.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:32 AM   #87
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
I think Mirza needs to be inserted into the rotation. During the 2nd half the lane gets clogged and the offense gets bogged down. Mirza has a reputation as a shooter, and can be played with Reggie for a 5 minute stretch or two. I like Blatche, but he gets tunnel vision out there at times.
Dasher Sighting!

He's really struggled in the games he has played in. I feel like we're not using him to his full ability, we're just using him as a spot up shooter. I still think he's adjusting to the NBA game and I still believe he'll be a big part off the bench later on this season.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #88
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Looks like the Celtics will be playing without Rondo, we should have a good chance to win the next game.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #89
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Joe came through when it mattered hitting clutch shots in the 4th. This was an important win for us beating a contender. Keep the win streak going!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #90
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Great win, even though it was to close for comfort. I got nervous there. Phew!

We need a close victory in the clutch, as its usually been us losing a leading and not closing out games as we should.

5-2

Sac-town up next.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread