Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #61
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nets 2nd round, Knick 37-45
Posts: 14,049
Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

We play the Magic again soon and this time at home, hopefully it will be a 50pts win.
Kiddlovesnets is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #62
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?
 
MTing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 5,447
MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
We play the Magic again soon and this time at home, hopefully it will be a 50pts win.
I feel like the Magic will be ready this time. I still expect a win but a closer game then 30.
MTing is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #63
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nets 2nd round, Knick 37-45
Posts: 14,049
Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
I feel like the Magic will be ready this time. I still expect a win but a closer game then 30.

I dont think its about ready or not, the Magic just is a way worse team than the Nets from every aspect. The starters, the bench, and even the coach.
Kiddlovesnets is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #64
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?
 
MTing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 5,447
MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I dont think its about ready or not, the Magic just is a way worse team than the Nets from every aspect. The starters, the bench, and even the coach.
I agree but that doesn't mean they won't come in with a 'revenge' mentality. This is the NBA after all and upsets happen all the time. We should have beaten a undermanned Timberwolves team but we did not. Our team is still working out its kinks so don't be surprised to see a more competitive game.

Also I think Joe and Deron will eventually get on the same page. Even D-Wade and LeBron needed a few games to get used to each other, so will they.
MTing is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #65
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nets 2nd round, Knick 37-45
Posts: 14,049
Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
I agree but that doesn't mean they won't come in with a 'revenge' mentality. This is the NBA after all and upsets happen all the time. We should have beaten a undermanned Timberwolves team but we did not. Our team is still working out its kinks so don't be surprised to see a more competitive game.

Also I think Joe and Deron will eventually get on the same page. Even D-Wade and LeBron needed a few games to get used to each other, so will they.

I see your point, but the Magic team is way worse than the Nets team so I aint really worried. It takes Deron, Johnson and Brook Lopez all having a below 30% FG shooting for us to lose. The Wolves are 4-1 right now, Rick Adelman is doing a magnificent job in terms of coaching. Different story, although blowing 22pts lead is kinda unacceptable.

I am sure they will get used to each other. Remember Wade and Lebron actually do not fit each other pretty well on the same team, both of them need the ball in their hands. Good news for us is that Joe Johnson can play without the ball, just like his old days in Phoenix Suns. He just has to adjust a bit since its been a while since he played with a ball-dominant PG.
Kiddlovesnets is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #66
D12"Magic"
College superstar
 
D12"Magic"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N. Jersey
Posts: 4,364
D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Think Wallace may come back on Tuesday against Cleveland. We don't need him as much as we normally would tomorrow so I wouldn't further risk any injury even if he is available.

Brooks is also day to day. Forgot he did not play yesterday, arguably our best scorer off the bench did not play last night and our bench still had 55 points, that's just 12 points less than the whole Magic team. Still amazes me.

I like the early start, because I dont like waiting for games to start late at night.

Lets take care of Home Court tomorrow

Last edited by D12"Magic" : 11-10-2012 at 09:55 PM.
D12"Magic" is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #67
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?
 
MTing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 5,447
MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I see your point, but the Magic team is way worse than the Nets team so I aint really worried. It takes Deron, Johnson and Brook Lopez all having a below 30% FG shooting for us to lose. The Wolves are 4-1 right now, Rick Adelman is doing a magnificent job in terms of coaching. Different story, although blowing 22pts lead is kinda unacceptable.

I am sure they will get used to each other. Remember Wade and Lebron actually do not fit each other pretty well on the same team, both of them need the ball in their hands. Good news for us is that Joe Johnson can play without the ball, just like his old days in Phoenix Suns. He just has to adjust a bit since its been a while since he played with a ball-dominant PG.
I think LeBron and Wade work because they both are great passers. Joe and Deron are both good passers also so thats why I believe they will get it going eventually. As opposed to Melo and Amare who are both great scorers.
MTing is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #68
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?
 
MTing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 5,447
MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Think Wallace may come back on Tuesday against Cleveland. We don't need him as much as we normally would tomorrow so I wouldn't further risk any injury even if he is available.

Brooks is also day to day. Forgot he did not play yesterday, arguably our best scorer off the bench did not play last night and our bench still had 55 points, that's just 12 points less than the whole Magic team. Still amazes me.

I like the early start, because I dont like waiting for games to start late at night.

Lets take care of Home Court tomorrow
Stack was a huge lift off our bench! It was great to see him play well in his first Brooklyn game.
MTing is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #69
D12"Magic"
College superstar
 
D12"Magic"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N. Jersey
Posts: 4,364
D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Ugly win but yeah 3-2

Got worried there. We really need Wallace back, he is our ultimate defender, energy and hustle guy.

Cavs may surprise us, if we play like we did today
D12"Magic" is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #70
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?
 
MTing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 5,447
MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Ugly win but yeah 3-2

Got worried there. We really need Wallace back, he is our ultimate defender, energy and hustle guy.

Cavs may surprise us, if we play like we did today
Yeah we need Gerald for the Cavs game. I can see Kyrie going off on our subpar defense. Hopefully him and MarShon will be ready by Tuesday.
MTing is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #71
D12"Magic"
College superstar
 
D12"Magic"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N. Jersey
Posts: 4,364
D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Yeah we need Gerald for the Cavs game. I can see Kyrie going off on our subpar defense. Hopefully him and MarShon will be ready by Tuesday.
Dion and Kyrie may light us up. And is Varejao playing? He will give us problems.

That Brooklyn Bites nickname for the bench is horrible

Last edited by D12"Magic" : 11-11-2012 at 05:38 PM.
D12"Magic" is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #72
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nets 2nd round, Knick 37-45
Posts: 14,049
Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Looks like you were right MTing, the Magic did put up a much better effort and held on to us until the very last minute. Perhaps it was because the Nets were playing like trash today, the Magic still only scored 74pts anyway.
Kiddlovesnets is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #73
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn
 
alwaysunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,859
alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

35 first quarter points, finished with 82. That's like what..15 points per rest of the quarters?
alwaysunny is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #74
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?
 
MTing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 5,447
MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Looks like you were right MTing, the Magic did put up a much better effort and held on to us until the very last minute. Perhaps it was because the Nets were playing like trash today, the Magic still only scored 74pts anyway.
Haha told ya! I feel like if we played like the way we played today against any other team, we would have lost. We're fortunate that the Magic have a struggling offense. Wins are wins though I'll take it.
MTing is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #75
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nets 2nd round, Knick 37-45
Posts: 14,049
Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Haha told ya! I feel like if we played like the way we played today against any other team, we would have lost. We're fortunate that the Magic have a struggling offense. Wins are wins though I'll take it.

Yeah, I figured. The Magic wasnt that bad until they played us, so maybe this team deserves more credits than they have received so far?

Anyway what do you think about Avery Johnson's coaching? Id say hes just about average, if not a little bit below. Good to know the Nets are talented enough to crush weak teams even without a coach.
Kiddlovesnets is offline  
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy