Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #16
gigantes
‪ ‪
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,832
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

after all this time i'm still not sure what AJ brings to this team, exactly.

i mean, his big shining accomplishment was to take a powerhouse team and convince it to play defense... and then of course, find ways to underachieve in the postseason. but what else? i still don't know if he can develop young players or get the nets to play beyond the sum of their parts. i don't believe he's known as some master tactician or brilliant systems dude or anything along those lines. i do know that listening to his voice can get kind of irritating and that a lot of his players wound up tuning him out at his old job. *shrug*
gigantes is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #17
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kidd loves Nets, like always
Posts: 12,584
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
after all this time i'm still not sure what AJ brings to this team, exactly.

i mean, his big shining accomplishment was to take a powerhouse team and convince it to play defense... and then of course, find ways to underachieve in the postseason. but what else? i still don't know if he can develop young players or get the nets to play beyond the sum of their parts. i don't believe he's known as some master tactician or brilliant systems dude or anything along those lines. i do know that listening to his voice can get kind of irritating and that a lot of his players wound up tuning him out at his old job. *shrug*

This... Avery Johnson is not a great coach, but Id say hes above average, at least way better than the likes of Mike Brown and Vinny Del Negro. There really aint many good coaches available to hire nowadays. Of course it will be better if our head coach is Jerry Sloan, this team is actually constructed pretty well to fit his style. Dont think Deron will like this idea though.
Kiddlovesnets is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #18
The Nets
Resident Netsfan
 
The Nets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Netsville
Posts: 434
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Good win against the Raptors, hopefully we beat the Wolves too.
The Nets is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #19
SourPatchKids
Banned
 
SourPatchKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dooney Rock
Posts: 7,115
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nets
Good win against the Raptors, hopefully we beat the Wolves too.
Probs will.
SourPatchKids is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #20
D12"Magic"
College superstar
 
D12"Magic"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N. Jersey
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Wallace is out today against T-Wolves. He is pretty much always gonna miss some games, but what ever. He is day-to-day and will be reevaluated again this week.

Bogans will start today at SF.

I don't mind Wallace taking off for today, Minnesota is with out Rubio, Love and J.J Barea.

If we can't defend against this group than that'd seriously suck.
D12"Magic" is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #21
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?
 
MTing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 5,435
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Wallace is out today against T-Wolves. He is pretty much always gonna miss some games, but what ever. He is day-to-day and will be reevaluated again this week.

Bogans will start today at SF.

I don't mind Wallace taking off for today, Minnesota is with out Rubio, Love and J.J Barea.

If we can't defend against this group than that'd seriously suck.
Yeah today is a small test. If we don't beat them by at least 10 something is wrong.

And I love how Wallace plays, I love how he hustles but I wish he wouldn't risk his body for a meaningless play. The block he sprain his ankle on was already called a foul and it was way to far. I know thats just how he plays but he's probably one of the most important pieces to our team because he's probably going to guard the opposing teams best player night in and night out.

Bogans was a great defender for us last season before he broke his ankle, I like him starting over Childress who's probably out also.
MTing is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #22
D12"Magic"
College superstar
 
D12"Magic"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N. Jersey
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Yeah today is a small test. If we don't beat them by at least 10 something is wrong.

And I love how Wallace plays, I love how he hustles but I wish he wouldn't risk his body for a meaningless play. The block he sprain his ankle on was already called a foul and it was way to far. I know thats just how he plays but he's probably one of the most important pieces to our team because he's probably going to guard the opposing teams best player night in and night out.

Bogans was a great defender for us last season before he broke his ankle, I like him starting over Childress who's probably out also.
Im more worried if we can hold them under 100 points than win by 10 .

Agreed on Wallace risking his body for meaningless plays, it was an unnecessary block, though you can always admire the hustle.

Im a bit scared AK-47 is gonna have a big game.

I hope we get Wallace back for the game against Miami, but if he is not 100% then dont risk it.
D12"Magic" is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #23
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kidd loves Nets, like always
Posts: 12,584
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Thought we had a good shot against the Wolves, a team that lost almost 20 in Toronto. Too bad we blew a 22pts lead, perhaps something sure never changes...

Anyway the good news is that the offense flow was awesome, this team needs to rebound the ball better though. Hopefully next game we put up a fight against the Heat, it will be much harder than this.
Kiddlovesnets is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #24
D12"Magic"
College superstar
 
D12"Magic"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N. Jersey
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

10 points in the 4th q, Damn shame. So embarrassing. Ughh. Miami next
D12"Magic" is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #25
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kidd loves Nets, like always
Posts: 12,584
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
10 points in the 4th q, Damn shame. So embarrassing. Ughh. Miami next

The momentum was lost, nothing you can do when it happened. We let them back into the game late in the third, no way we blew a 15-20pts lead if we maintained it at the beginning of the fourth.

Anyway let's relax a bit, this team needs some time to get used to each other. Good news is that the offense look quite good, although I personally have no idea what the heck happened in fourth.
Kiddlovesnets is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #26
D12"Magic"
College superstar
 
D12"Magic"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N. Jersey
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
The momentum was lost, nothing you can do when it happened. We let them back into the game late in the third, no way we blew a 15-20pts lead if we maintained it at the beginning of the fourth.

Anyway let's relax a bit, this team needs some time to get used to each other. Good news is that the offense look quite good, although I personally have no idea what the heck happened in fourth.
I know this is only one game, but this is pretty hard to stomach.

I hate to be that guy, but Avery needs to go. Evans should of played in the 4th, the only guy on the team that hustles and rebounds. Where is Wallace when you need him
D12"Magic" is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #27
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kidd loves Nets, like always
Posts: 12,584
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
I know this is only one game, but this is pretty hard to stomach.

I hate to be that guy, but Avery needs to go. Evans should of played in the 4th, the only guy on the team that hustles and rebounds. Where is Wallace when you need him

I have no idea what happened to Humphries, he aint rebounding like he used to and he was completely destroyed in the 4th quarter. That turnover followed by a shorter player scoring in front of him was way too much for us.

I am not sure whether Avery Johnson needs to go at this point. I did firmly believe hes an above average coach and should be better than Knicks Mike Woodson, but now I cant be sure. I will watch a few more games and see how he make adjustment. The offense suddenly stopped executing in the 4th, he was clearly outcoached by Rick Adelman.
Kiddlovesnets is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #28
D12"Magic"
College superstar
 
D12"Magic"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N. Jersey
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I have no idea what happened to Humphries, he aint rebounding like he used to and he was completely destroyed in the 4th quarter. That turnover followed by a shorter player scoring in front of him was way too much for us.

I am not sure whether Avery Johnson needs to go at this point. I did firmly believe hes an above average coach and should be better than Knicks Mike Woodson, but now I cant be sure. I will watch a few more games and see how he make adjustment. The offense suddenly stopped executing in the 4th, he was clearly outcoached by Rick Adelman.

This could of been a huge boost for us if we would have won and kept that momentum. Maybe this will bring the team closer together. But damn, could of easily been 2-0
D12"Magic" is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #29
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kidd loves Nets, like always
Posts: 12,584
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
This could of been a huge boost for us if we would have won and kept that momentum. Maybe this will bring the team closer together. But damn, could of easily been 2-0

Maybe this will bring Nets fans together, not sure for the team though. You dont bring players together with a loss like this...

Anyway, we have plenty of time to improve until its all said and done. Its good to discover our weaknesses early in the season than past the deadline or right before playoffs begin. I still believe the Nets will make playoffs though, but in order to make ECF or 2nd round we need more efforts than this. It was such a mindblowing loss, good news is that it was just regular season.
Kiddlovesnets is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #30
D12"Magic"
College superstar
 
D12"Magic"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N. Jersey
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Maybe this will bring Nets fans together, not sure for the team though. You dont bring players together with a loss like this...

Anyway, we have plenty of time to improve until its all said and done. Its good to discover our weaknesses early in the season than past the deadline or right before playoffs begin. I still believe the Nets will make playoffs though, but in order to make ECF or 2nd round we need more efforts than this. It was such a mindblowing loss, good news is that it was just regular season.
Well maybe a wake- up call for them is what I meant.

Feel bad for the fans in the stadium. I just want to get the Miami game over. Than we play the Magic twice. Must wins, if we lose those than damn.
D12"Magic" is offline  
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy