Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 12:46 AM   #241
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
I was at that game. That place was loud. so loud. You can hear Brooklyn Chants all over the streets. it was so awesome.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:48 AM   #242
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Deron has lost all of my faith. He can't shoot and his defense is two times worse than his abysmal offensive production. He constantly gets killed by every damn guard he goes up against. In the last 3 minutes of the fourth he missed the ball, turned it over, and let the rookie teague score on him. This is just unacceptable and I'm fed up with this piece of shit scrub we invested 100 million into.
The Nets just need to shut him down until he is healed. cut Childress, sign Delonte West as a fill in PG until Williams is healed.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #243
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

13-11. Another loss or two and we're out of the playoffs in this very disappointing season. We've had a lot of close games but inconsistency has been our mortal enemy. We give up the most double digits leads in the NBA and we are the worst second half team in the NBA. If we had consistency for 48 minutes we would be top 2 in the NBA right now. The Nets exhale far too often. Tonight was another prime example. We get up by 13, and quickly into the third we lose the lead until Utah gains it. The 12-70 season was more enjoyable in all honesty.

Losing close games with this much talent is alarming.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #244
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why are you even talking about the playoffs 24 games in?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #245
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Why are you even talking about the playoffs 24 games in?

Every game means something for the Nets in terms of playoff seeding? Are you a new fan? This is what this team was designed for. The playoffs. Whether it's the first game or the 24th, the Nets need to coral as many games to position themselves better for the playoffs.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #246
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

My only concern is, when is that trash Avery Johnson getting fired? So sick of his incapability as a coach now, its beyond disgusting.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #247
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'm not worried about the playoffs at this point. in the NBA and NHL, all you need to do is finish around .500 (or less) and catch fire near the end of the season to be a threat. not that that's the best way to do it, but...

OTOH, at some point you have to bring the hammer down if the team keeps underperforming like this. not sure if that should be in a few more games or at the all-star break. fire the coach, make a trade, whatever.

and if deron keeps playing like crap, he needs to get the operation done and stop wasting everyone's time trying to man through it. it blows my mind that a perennial loser like carmelo anthony is turning out to be the far better player. not that every team can have a jason kidd on its roster to help make idiots look like savants.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #248
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes

OTOH, at some point you have to bring the hammer down if the team keeps underperforming like this. not sure if that should be in a few more games or at the all-star break. fire the coach, make a trade, whatever.

Well honestly the Nets problems have been the same since game 2 against the Wolves. We suck in the second half. That problem hasn't been fixed even 22 games later. In another 22 games we will probably still be saying "why are we still so bad in the second half". The Nets need to trade Hump and get a defensive PF. Maybe Ibaka or Millsap.

Carmelo is likely out against the Nets tomorrow. That is a must win.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #249
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'd be down with that, but i don't know how many teams want hump's contract at this point. it's pretty bad, and AFAIK we mainly took it on as a trade chip in the pursuit for howard. the only real bright spot is that next season, before the trade deadline, it can be dangled as an expirer. but that's a long ways away.

these contracts totally suck, IMO. i can't decide who i'd prefer to amnesty this coming offseason. only person i'd hang on to for sure is lopez, and even his contract is too rich.

EDIT: btw, i can't believe i'm actually saying this, but it looks like mark jackson turned out to be a good coach. not sure he would have been the right fit here, but we could have had him...

Last edited by gigantes : 12-19-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #250
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've been really patient with Avery. It seems like he's every Nets fans' scape goat if we lose the game so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. If we keep losing though, I think he has to be the first to go. This group is definitely talented enough to compete with any team in the league. Sometimes it just seems like they're not being used the right way. Given its only been 20 or so games in the season and theres still A LOT of ball left to play (and I do believe we will turn it around and get a top 4 seed), something needs to change before its to late. Whether it be Avery's offense or a change at the head coaching spot, somethings gotta go. Deron sounds like hes getting impatient also throwing a few shots at Avery.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #251
gigantes
A piece of fluff

well, that totally sucked. i don't mind losing to a top team if you at least put in the effort, but getting blown out by the knicks feels like three losses in a single night to me.

i'm also not convinced that lopez can show all the way to the arc and then get back in time. or that d-will or various nets players can stay in front of their man, such that lopez doesn't have to switch on to him, allowing easy alley-oops for a big man of choice (tyson chandler in this case).

i'm never in my life going to root for the knicks, but i have to admit that they're at least a likeable team this year. they're fun to watch and can get things done in a variety of ways. the nets? other than a few, like crash, lopez and a little bit of blatch / evans, it's becoming less and less fun to watch them. iso ball for mediocre scorers, mediocre 3pt shooting, and mediocre / slow defense is not my idea of fun times...
Old 12-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #252
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

The Nets can't wait for January. 2-8 in the last 10 is just inexcusable for even the Wizards. The Nets need a win badly. After missed shots I'm seeing Joe, Deron, and Brook hang their heads. Even Evans has dropped considerably in rebounds since Brook went down with an injury. Injuries hurt you're team and we have blown ever since Brook has come back.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #253
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Well I wont really call it a blow-out, it was not like the Knicks ever had a 20pts lead at any point of the game and the game was within comeback range until early in the 4th. Still, Avery needs to go, the next two home games against Philly and Celtics will decide his fate. If we lose these two and become 13-14, I'd say even Billy King wont stand up for him any longer.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #254
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm kinda used to the 2nd half meltdowns, but they just hit a new low with this one. How does the defense get so outplayed and break down like that? We have by far the worst pick and roll defense in the NBA. By the time Knicks took the lead and started to pull away every single shot they took was wide open. That shit was just depressing to watch. And that mock "Brooklyn" chant by the Knicks fans just added insult to injury. The PA announcer should really stop trying to force the chant because it's starting to backfire on us.

But yes, Avery really does need to go. I kept giving him the benefit of the doubt but I don't see this team improving down the road with him. He's just not the right fit.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #255
gigantes
A piece of fluff

wowwwwwwww:
http://www.nj.com/ledger-dalessandro...ce=twitterfeed

FYI, also pasted the text into It's A VC3!!!'s thread on the main page:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...3&postcount=43
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread