Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #196
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I think we beat the Thunder, but seriously the way we are playing has no chance to win a series against Miami. I am fine with it, after all this is how good our team really is. Not like the other teams stand a good chance against the Heat either, although Knicks fans firmly believe they do.

We need to pray half retired Wade gets injured and misses the playoffs. Brook is out for the Thunder. Westbrook and Durant will feast on our lack of interior defense without Lopez.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #197
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
We need to pray half retired Wade gets injured and misses the playoffs. Brook is out for the Thunder. Westbrook and Durant will feast on our lack of interior defense without Lopez.

Well lets be a bit more positive can we? If the Hawks can beat them sure we can, it depends on how good we come out and play. Sure no way we win it if we play like we did against the Wolves, but there are chances we play at the same energy level against Boston and the Heat in 1st half.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #198
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

IMO it's way too early to be defeatist about the playoffs or even worry about them, period. This was the 5th game in 7 nights, and a dropoff in the 2nd half was not unexpected. The Heat are the champions and there's still a long, long season ahead.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #199
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The 1st half was great, but the Heat turned up the defense and reminded us why they won the championship last season. I'm fine with this loss, I think the ball movement was probably the best all season, but Miami is Miami. Also I agree with Gigantes, its still way to early to worry about playoffs. If we keep up this level of play though, we'll definetly be a tough team to beat.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #200
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

only caught the 4th quarter vs OKC... almost thought the comeback would happen. oh well.

once again, nothing to be ashamed about with this loss. two key big men out and they gave the #1 team in the west a good fight. and nice to see teletovic get some burn and some buckets...
Old 12-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #201
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lopez needs some serious dpoy considerations. in the 3 games without him, the nets are allowing 101 ppg verses 90 with lopez there. again, the nets perimeter defense needs to increase 5 notches. to allow okc to score 30 every quarter is piss poor and deserves reprimanding from avery.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #202
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

I seriously thought we could win this one, the Thunder is just pretender. Well, guess it hurts without Lopez...
Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #203
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...23afaf52305f40
Went to the game again . I'm glad we hung in there without Brook. D-Will impressed me today taking over the scoring load without Brook but Joe struggled again. I totally agree with VC3, our defense looks lack luster without Brook, much like it did in the beginning of the season.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 AM   #204
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...23afaf52305f40
Went to the game again . I'm glad we hung in there without Brook. D-Will impressed me today taking over the scoring load without Brook but Joe struggled again. I totally agree with VC3, our defense looks lack luster without Brook, much like it did in the beginning of the season.

Looks like Marshon played like 3 mins, guess we should thank Avery for at least giving him some playtime?

Anyway we should've beaten the Thunder, without Harden they are just pretenders. Hopefully the next time we snatch a win in OKC, I know we can do that.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #205
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Looks like Marshon played like 3 mins, guess we should thank Avery for at least giving him some playtime?

Anyway we should've beaten the Thunder, without Harden they are just pretenders. Hopefully the next time we snatch a win in OKC, I know we can do that.
Yeah he missed like 2 shots and Avery sent him to the bench again. Kinda feel bad for him. We all know this guy can put the ball in the hoop and I don't think his defense is bad enough to warrant demotion from 6th man to 12th man. Tele even got more minutes then him last night.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #206
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Yeah he missed like 2 shots and Avery sent him to the bench again. Kinda feel bad for him. We all know this guy can put the ball in the hoop and I don't think his defense is bad enough to warrant demotion from 6th man to 12th man. Tele even got more minutes then him last night.

Thats too bad... Stackhouse may be having really hot hands right now, but I still dont see the logic of playing Bogans over Brooks. Their defenses are about equally bad, and the former cant even hit open jumpers.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #207
gigantes
A piece of fluff

this loss to GSW bothers me more than the losses to the heat and OKC. i still don't think the nets are a championship-level team, but they've shown that their ceiling is higher than this. even without lopez.

still not sure why they didn't foul with ~20 seconds left, down seven. yes, it was a long-shot, but it's weird to not even try.

one thing that's annoying about having all these star-level players is that i keep thinking that they'll have a good shooting night as a group and absolutely smoke some teams. instead, it's the usual deal- a couple (johnson and blatch) have good scoring nights and the others (hump, d-will and crash) make sure to balance it out by being lousy as a group.

also missing is the feeling of that absolute will to victory that better players usually have, be it by scoring or making things happen (ala kidd). i'm probably being unfair in that, and no doubt they're still getting used to playing with each other, but they did set the bar pretty high to start the season... at least, winning-wise.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #208
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

The defense is pretty lack luster without Brook who is our anchor. Blatche couldnt handle David Lee. I think we messed up by trying to play the Warriors style (fast break, 3 point shooting, playing small ball) in the 2nd half. In the 1st we slowed the pace down and Joe got all his points on a half court offense. Avery realized small ball wasnt gonna cut it way to late. He put in Evans with 2 minutes remaining. Also Hump only played 23 minutes.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #209
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
this loss to GSW bothers me more than the losses to the heat and OKC. i still don't think the nets are a championship-level team, but they've shown that their ceiling is higher than this. even without lopez.

still not sure why they didn't foul with ~20 seconds left, down seven. yes, it was a long-shot, but it's weird to not even try.

one thing that's annoying about having all these star-level players is that i keep thinking that they'll have a good shooting night as a group and absolutely smoke some teams. instead, it's the usual deal- a couple (johnson and blatch) have good scoring nights and the others (hump, d-will and crash) make sure to balance it out by being lousy as a group.

also missing is the feeling of that absolute will to victory that better players usually have, be it by scoring or making things happen (ala kidd). i'm probably being unfair in that, and no doubt they're still getting used to playing with each other, but they did set the bar pretty high to start the season... at least, winning-wise.

Well maybe we aint a title contender, but losing twice to the likes of Golden State Warriors is still not excusable. Avery Johnson needs to go, its clear how he has absolutely no idea what hes doing.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #210
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
The defense is pretty lack luster without Brook who is our anchor. Blatche couldnt handle David Lee. I think we messed up by trying to play the Warriors style (fast break, 3 point shooting, playing small ball) in the 2nd half. In the 1st we slowed the pace down and Joe got all his points on a half court offense. Avery realized small ball wasnt gonna cut it way to late. He put in Evans with 2 minutes remaining. Also Hump only played 23 minutes.
this is why i wish someone like zach lowe or rob mahoney could cover the nets full time. even charley rosen would be good. i'm sure there were lots of tactical adjustments being made back and forth the whole game, but as a fan (particularly with a crappy internet feed) it can be really hard to catch the details in the heat of the battle. but i love those articles that break individual plays down and talk about what players specifically did and how the other team adjusted and so forth. there's a buttload of such fine articles for MMA, but rarely that i know of for the NBA.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread