Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
AK47DR91

Default Your draft/roster strategy

For me, I usually go PF's and C's who can get me good amount of Points and Rebounds. They also have a very low turnover ratio and a high FG%. If they're good FT% shooters, that's a bonus.

You can probably make it to the playoffs with this strategy but to be in contention for a championship, having one or two non-PF/C star-quality players would help.

My record is one championship(10-team league), two 3rd Place finishes(12-team & 18-team leagues) and two 5th Place finishes(both were 10-team leagues).

I'm only doing 1 league this season. The same league I won a championship in last season, I'm hoping to repeat.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
tin man
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tin man has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Your draft/roster strategy

how u going to win 3's and assists??
tin man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
AK47DR91

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin man
how u going to win 3's and assists??
Can't win 'em all.

But like I said, it's always good if you can get one or a pair of good starter-quality point guards or guard-forwards.

The league I won 1st Place with these guards: Wall, Lowry, George, Crawford, Conley, Calderon.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #4
Jakeh008
Banned

Jakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this board

I go for FG% Points Boards Blocks TO Steals. Then try to keep assists a 50 50 chance
I dont go for Fts or 3s

I always take Howard 1st if im not in the top 3 picks.
Then take a few scorers that will get me steals or blocks or assists. Dwill, Kobe, Ellis, Gay...
Guys like iggy and rondo are perfect guards for big man teams. solid all around except fts.
SG and SF are the hardest spots to fill so go for those early.

In my 8 man league with only 1 center spot i got
Rondo, Kobe, Ellis, Pirece, Stat, Cousins, Howard, Manu, Lopez, Lin, Kaman,
Valanciunas
Jakeh008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
AK47DR91

.67 up on FG%
150 up on points
58 up on boards
39 up on dimes
16 up on blocks

3 up on 3-points

down on FT%, STL and TO

I'm in a weird league. 18-teams but the commish only allows 9 players on the roster.

I think I'm gonna own my league.
PG: Parker, Mo
SG: Hayward, Mo, Roy(dropping for Redick)
SF: LeBron, Hayward
PF: Bosh, LeBron, Sanders(FA pool slot)
C: Asik, Bosh, Sanders, Pek(will use his slot for FA pool when Love returns from injury)
Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

UPDATE: I'm second in my division, #4 overall because the #1 team is in my division. I'm 5 games behind him. Got 4 weeks left to catch to him for the #1 seed.

Because I was so loaded with quality PF/C's, I was able to trade Bosh for Afflalo and Nelson to bulk up my PG/SG/SF slots.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: