Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Andrew Nicholson will be on the all rookie team.

Every time I've seen this kid play in college and in summer league he's always impressed me. This kid can do it all on the offensive end. He has incredibly advanced footwork in the paint, great hands, a soft touch, a vast array of post moves, and good handles. He also has a quick first step, good explosiveness around the rim and an NBA ready body.

He has elements of several players in his game - the in between game and funky floaters reminds me a bit of Antawn Jamison and he's got a little bit of Luis Scola in his footwork and the way he finds a way to get his shot off.

His defense isn't bad either, he holds his position on the block well, is a capable shot blocker and solid rebounder. I really like his potential and playing a bad team like the Magic will allow him to see the court more.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak is popular on this boardoutbreak is popular on this boardoutbreak is popular on this boardoutbreak is popular on this boardoutbreak is popular on this board
Default Re: Andrew Nicholson will be on the all rookie team.

Hope he keeps developing. He lacks speed and is a bit slow to react to other players at the moment which will keep him from ever being a star, but he has the fundamental skills to become a good solid all round starter, at the worst looks like a lock in role player.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare has an incredible reputation hereHylianNightmare has an incredible reputation hereHylianNightmare has an incredible reputation hereHylianNightmare has an incredible reputation hereHylianNightmare has an incredible reputation hereHylianNightmare has an incredible reputation hereHylianNightmare has an incredible reputation hereHylianNightmare has an incredible reputation here

loving how comfortable he looks on the offensive end, hopefully the magic continue to play him and let him and some of our other rookies play since we should lose as many games as possible this season
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far

I'm willing to bet 100 dollars he isn't.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:58 AM   #5
senelcoolidge
Good college starter

senelcoolidge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrysenelcoolidge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

What little I've seen of him, I like so far. He's not that athletic, but he can play. He is a bit slow, but I think he can have a fine career. No All Star, but a solid player.
senelcoolidge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

my man. this kid has improves every time he gets on the court. here at bonaventure, every year people thought "well he can't really duplicate what he did last year" until he carried the team to an a-10 championship and nearly upset florida state in the first round.

he'll continue to improve in the nba, he's a VERY smart kid (was a physics major here). he'll pick up everything, very coachable.
he is a bit slow, but he can easily make up for that. underrated as a passer and his athleticism doesn't get in the way when he has some of the best footwork in the league already.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: