Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Scottie Brooks and Erik Speolstra

I'm watching the NBA Special on the Miami Heat's Championship season, and everything I hear out of Brooks mouth is right on point. I'm not sure how he is from and X's and O's standpoint, but his leadership and motivating skills are impressive.

At the end of game 7, NBA Finals, he's in the huddle with his team, and he says something like, "No matter how bad this hurts, they beat us fair and square, and we're going to respect them like Champions, and go over there and shake each of their hands". Everything about the statement and the way it was delivered was perfect. Not only is it respectful, but I think the real point was to help the team quickly put the defeat behind them. Sort of like skipping the pouting and denial stage, tipping your cap to the victors, and immediately focusing on next season.

Conversely, I'm really not a fan of Spoelstra's coaching style. It's hard to put a finger on it, but his choice of words just always seems poor, and he always looks nervous as shit. Like it's halftime and he's already in panic mode talking about not choking. He seems to know his stuff from an X's and O's standpoint though, and the Heat's defense is the best in the league.

What are your thoughts on these guys?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Scottie Brooks and Erik Speolstra

Brooks after that loss was very respectable. I give him props for it.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #3
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Spoelstra is a bum. All he does is read from his book of basketball cliches. Similar to Mike Brown, his first job was being locked in the arena basement editing video tapes.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #4
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Conversely, I'm really not a fan of Spoelstra's coaching style. It's hard to put a finger on it, but his choice of words just always seems poor, and he always looks nervous as shit. Like it's halftime and he's already in panic mode talking about not choking. He seems to know his stuff from an X's and O's standpoint though, and the Heat's defense is the best in the league.
Right on point.

Spo always looks shook. Never finds the right wording.

Brooks is a solid coach, that speech at the end of the Finals was legit.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:53 AM   #5
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Brooks is a very good coach and has done fine job coaching his young, talented squad.

I think Spo's lack of a good offensive is snubbed out from having 2 elite players and another good player in Bosh. I'm not fan of his coaching, really, though he can preach defense... He's sort of like Mike Brown in that department.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:09 AM   #6
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputation

Spo runs what Riley tells him to. He's a puppet.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #7
MiamiThrice
Banned

MiamiThrice has decent reputationMiamiThrice has decent reputation

Spo is one of the best coaches in the league.

This guy had a unit of Wade, Beasley, Q-Rich, Carlos ****ing Arroyo, and one legged Jermaine O'Neal as an elite defense in the league. Everyone likes talking shit about Spo, but this guy is an NBA ****ing champion and is better than whoever the **** you like. His defensive gameplans are excelent and there arn't many coaches that put more hours in than Spo does. If you don't respect the work this guy does, your honestly just a little *****.
MiamiThrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:50 AM   #8
Jax
Great young streetballer

Jax is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
Spo is one of the best coaches in the league.

This guy had a unit of Wade, Beasley, Q-Rich, Carlos ****ing Arroyo, and one legged Jermaine O'Neal as an elite defense in the league. Everyone likes talking shit about Spo, but this guy is an NBA ****ing champion and is better than whoever the **** you like. His defensive gameplans are excelent and there arn't many coaches that put more hours in than Spo does. If you don't respect the work this guy does, your honestly just a little *****.

The Heat always defended well, we have some of the best assistant coaches in the league, plus we have The DON, so we'll always defend well, he taught everybody well.
Spo sucks in the offensive front, always have. Time management he sucks, doesn't call timeouts when he has to, let's players screw constantly with no consequence, doesn't know how to draw a play with start-middle-end. In the last two games of the finals last year he was perfect, but I can't remember the number of times I was like because of the horrible decisions Spo and players were making under his orders, the most excruciating being Lebron not attacking the rim and forcing jumpers when he had no business doing that. Glad that changed when it had to.
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:57 AM   #9
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Coah Spo is one of the best young coach of all time and the best coach in the league right now.. Dude was one of the main reason why the heat won the title.. He's as important as LeBron for the Heat.. If not for him LeBron would still be ringless.. Its quite sad that he's pretty underrated here..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:02 AM   #10
dbk123
Banned

dbk123 has not been impressing people

dbk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:52 AM   #11
ChrisPosh
♕ James

ChrisPosh has decent reputationChrisPosh has decent reputation

Quote:
I'm watching the NBA Special on the Miami Heat's Championship season, and everything I hear out of Brooks mouth is right on point. I'm not sure how he is from and X's and O's standpoint, but his leadership and motivating skills are impressive.

At the end of game 7, NBA Finals, he's in the huddle with his team, and he says something like, "No matter how bad this hurts, they beat us fair and square, and we're going to respect them like Champions, and go over there and shake each of their hands". Everything about the statement and the way it was delivered was perfect. Not only is it respectful, but I think the real point was to help the team quickly put the defeat behind them. Sort of like skipping the pouting and denial stage, tipping your cap to the victors, and immediately focusing on next season.

Not 7... Not 6... NOT EVEN CLOSE
ChrisPosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #12
Salazaar
In Hansen we trust!

Salazaar has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPosh

Not 7... Not 6... NOT EVEN CLOSE

Hahah you beat me to it
Salazaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #13
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
Coah Spo is one of the best young coach of all time and the best coach in the league right now.. Dude was one of the main reason why the heat won the title.. He's as important as LeBron for the Heat.. If not for him LeBron would still be ringless.. Its quite sad that he's pretty underrated here..
Lol
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #14
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

What are your thoughts on these guys?

I think Spo is the better coach, he might not be as good with the words as Brooks but I'll take the guy who makes good tactical changes over the guy who's good at delivering a loosing speech. X's and O's is the most underrated aspect of basketball to fans.

To me Brooks and his staff cost the Thunder a chance at winning the finals, these guys sat there and watched Shane Battier destroy them because they insisted on keeping Perkins in the starting lineup. That's one of the worst pieces of coaching I've ever seen at that level, the guy was useless against what Spo had the Heat do as a team.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #15
Segatti
Good High School Starter

Segatti has no real reputation yet.

At least Spoelstra know how to organise a defense, Brooks in the other side let Ibaka on Battier and Harden on Lebron.
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: