Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #16
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Highest recorded vertical reach was Shaq...prior to the real superman (Dwight Howard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Its not a record until this guy has been tested:

I was at that game. So impressive.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
SHAQisGOAT
Decent college freshman

SHAQisGOAT is popular on this boardSHAQisGOAT is popular on this boardSHAQisGOAT is popular on this boardSHAQisGOAT is popular on this boardSHAQisGOAT is popular on this board
Default Re: Highest recorded vertical reach was Shaq...prior to the real superman (Dwight Howard)

One word: Wilt
SHAQisGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #18
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
You realize prime, young Shaq had like a 32 inch+ max vert right? Combine that with his wingspan, standing reach etc and people really need to pay more respect. Shaq is arguably the greatest athlete in all of sports history when you factor in the athleticism AT THAT SIZE.

Exactly that size. Have you ever seen a 300 pound highjumper? Just like you have never seen the video that reported that Dwight Howard can jump higher than Brandan Wright, cause nobody gives a shit about that. Just wait till Shaq hears about this. 25 minute segment on next Open Court.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #19
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC
Great photo, pauk.

Have you got a link to the video that the screenshot was taken from?

Absolutely! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNOOoZZB9BY

I have never seen Lebron get any higher than that with such proper angle, this was just some months before he went to Miami (where he all of the sudden people say "lost athleticism" lol)

Last edited by pauk : 10-20-2012 at 07:39 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #20
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I was at that game. So impressive.

Nice! Man i am jelous of you Americans... :P Have been dreaming of seeing an NBA game in person since somewhere in the 80s... by now watching NBA games feel like i am watching movies, feels real but yet not real, you know.. i think i would be overwhelmed in a way if i ever go to see one in person...

I have possibility (aka. economy) to go and see a game right now, but i have never been to the USA aswell and want to visit many places, so i am planning for a super trip...

Last edited by pauk : 10-20-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #21
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Pointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

First time I saw a shoulder at rim level. He would have been higher if his reach wasn't leveled off by the left hand seeking the height. He has to be very close to the top of the backboard, I really think he can get the height.

Pauk, where do you post from?
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #22
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
I'd almost bet Michael Wilson got higher than 12'6 during his 12 foot dunk. Almost his whole palm seemed to be above the rim. I wouldn't be surprised if James White and another guy around 6'8 with a crazy vertical (I think Doug Thomas is his name) could also surpass 12'6.

James White is on video touching 12'10 - 12'11.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #23
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

Hows White looked playing for the Knicks so far???
Ive only seen parts of games and he hasnt done much.. Any dunks yet??
coin24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #24
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
James White is on video touching 12'10 - 12'11.

I know what video you're talking about. I didn't want to add any specific number, although in his last jump, he seemed only a couple of inches away from the top of the backboard. A couple more videos also show his head several inches above the rim, which would also translate into him touching somewhere between 12'9 and 12'11.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #25
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
I know what video you're talking about. I didn't want to add any specific number, although in his last jump, he seemed only a couple of inches away from the top of the backboard. A couple more videos also show his head several inches above the rim, which would also translate into him touching somewhere between 12'9 and 12'11.

He's one of the few players for which I can see it being reasonable to assume that he could hit 13' given enough attempts. A few others would be Green, Russell, and Chamberlain.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #26
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
He's one of the few players for which I can see it being reasonable to assume that he could hit 13' given enough attempts. A few others would be Green, Russell, and Chamberlain.

I think Clyde Drexler would have had a shot as well. I can recall him throwing down a handful of dunks in games that weren't terribly far from the foul line.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #27
Segatti
Good High School Starter

Segatti has no real reputation yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAkjaQoG3bY

1:17. Way above the rim
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #28
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
First time I saw a shoulder at rim level. He would have been higher if his reach wasn't leveled off by the left hand seeking the height. He has to be very close to the top of the backboard, I really think he can get the height.

Pauk, where do you post from?

Croatia
Old 10-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #29
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segatti

Yup. His hand was definitely above the rim.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #30
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

OldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation here

Peak athletic Shaq probably had a 36-37" vert. So add that to whatever his standing reach is.
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: