Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #61
AK47DR91

Default Re: Where do you REALLY stand? Political Quiz here, post your results

at my result for Mitt Romney "No major issues / 41%"

Old 10-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #62
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Back in early college I actually considered myself a Republican.

"I'll bet you there are people in this room who give money to colleges and universities who are undermining the very principles of our country every single day by indoctrinating kids with left-wing ideology..." (Rick Santorum)
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #63
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
I'm want to vote for Johnson, but I don't know if it is worth it since he has a 0% chance of winning. A vote for Obama might be pointless as well since everybody already knows which candidate is winning Texas. Seriously, the electoral college is horsesh*t.

The way the states break down this time really benefits Obama, might be close in the popular vote, but Obama will win in a blow out electoral vote wise.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #64
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
"I'll bet you there are people in this room who give money to colleges and universities who are undermining the very principles of our country every single day by indoctrinating kids with left-wing ideology..." (Rick Santorum)

LOL. Apparently "principles of our country" means being assholes, because that is what I was. I grew up in a racist neighborhood that hated gay people. I wasn't as hardcore as most from my town, but enough that kept me Republican. It was the culture of acceptance at college that led me down more of a Democratic stance, not the classes themselves or anything.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #65
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #66
AK47DR91

I'm not surprised by my result. Just looked up Jill Stein and she's with the Green Party. I almost voted Nader in 2004 but didn't vote for anybody.

Anyway, I don't think I even deserve to vote because I don't have a thorough knowledge on politics. I'm way too busy trying to get my life on track.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:16 AM   #67
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Serious question, how come no one is getting 100% Romney? I thought he stands on either side of each issue, like in abortion, he's pro life and pro choice at the same time
Not really. He's pro-choice when he is governor of a very liberal state that he has to work with to try to improve. And he's pro-life when he's the Republican nominee for president because of their huge pro-life voting bloc. A "President Romney" would be moderately pro-life, because he isn't that concerned about the issue, but knows what will happen in his reelection bid if he were to endorse any pro-choice legislation.

It's not too hard to figure these people out. Yes they're deceptive and flip-floppy a lot of the time, but for the most part these guys have positions, -- in so far as they have to. It's between the major issues where he could go either way.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:49 AM   #68
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Not really. He's pro-choice when he is governor of a very liberal state that he has to work with to try to improve. And he's pro-life when he's the Republican nominee for president because of their huge pro-life voting bloc. A "President Romney" would be moderately pro-life, because he isn't that concerned about the issue, but knows what will happen in his reelection bid if he were to endorse any pro-choice legislation.

It's not too hard to figure these people out. Yes they're deceptive and flip-floppy a lot of the time, but for the most part these guys have positions, -- in so far as they have to. It's between the major issues where he could go either way.

Romney has no core beliefs. He only wants to achieve the maximum amount of fortune and power possible. If he thought he could pull it off and it would help him he would be pro choice and pro gay marriage.

Romney goes along with the crowd, he tries to get a feel for the room and then tries to please as many people as possible in that room. This why I dont think it would be tragic if he were president, since I think he would try to please as many people as possible and move towards the center. Its why he caught Obama off guard in the first debate by being more moderate. He is moving towards the center of the American political spectrum, from where he was previously (the center of the republican political spectrum).
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #69
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
He only wants to achieve the maximum amount of fortune and power possible.

Yes, because you can read deep into the souls of individuals.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #70
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wait a second!!!

There are other people we can vote for instead of Romney and Obama?

HOLY $HIT!!!

How come more people don't know about this?
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #71
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
Wait a second!!!

HOLY $HIT!!!

Because the others are insignificant.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #72
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
Wait a second!!!

HOLY $HIT!!!

TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #73
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow I am surprised, 91% with Obama? 93% with Dems but 13% with libertarian??
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #74
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster

Romney 92%
Johnson 87%
Goode 76%
Obama 39%
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: