Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 10-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Andre Drummond looking good early in preseason

Read here: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11168

Preseason doesn't count, but still, good so far
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Andre Drummond looking good early in preseason

He has had a solid preseason so far. I'm looking forward to seeing him develop throughout the year. It would be awesome if he was good enough to start by the end of the season.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

He has progressed a lot more than I thought he would by this stage, he looks like a beast, and his motor has been the most surprising thing, he has been VERY active... Chances are he will be coming off the bench for atleast the first few months of the season, but with his play in the pre-season, he has gone from about 10-15 minutes per game to about 20-25 minutes per game to start with in my opinion...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
insidehoops
Administrator

And, he's still looking good.

An update: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11248
Old 10-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #5
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
And, he's still looking good.

An update: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11248
I spy a widow's peak!
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Another double double last night. He also got to play alongside Monroe for a while too. I'm excited to see what this kid can do. It's the first time we've had a legit front line since the Wallace's were in their prime.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

It's just funny because before the pre season started everyone in the main forum trashed this guy but now that he is putting up numbers the whole board is on his nuts saying that he's going to be one of the best centers in the NBA

More power to showtime!! #teamdrummond
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

He's already better than Max, start him for Christ's sake. Get him the experience against starters and playing with Greg.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #9
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
He's already better than Max, start him for Christ's sake. Get him the experience against starters and playing with Greg.

Max sets the tempo for us, very important rotation player, probably one of the only guys I have ever seen to give 110% on every single night. Doesn't have much ability, but more than makes up with it through hustle, energy, toughness and heart.

It will be a good transition with the challenge being out there for Drummond to demand Max's starting spot... Eventually, when he is ready...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
Max sets the tempo for us, very important rotation player, probably one of the only guys I have ever seen to give 110% on every single night. Doesn't have much ability, but more than makes up with it through hustle, energy, toughness and heart.

It will be a good transition with the challenge being out there for Drummond to demand Max's starting spot... Eventually, when he is ready...

I like Maxiell, but he shouldn't be a starter in the NBA. He's a good hustle player off the bench. We're not going to be good. Drummond needed more PT than what he got last night. Let the kid play. I'm not saying start him right now. It'll humble him a bit to earn it. He does need to start pretty soon though.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:55 AM   #11
insidehoops
Administrator

Regular season:

Rookie center Andre Drummond was a factor with eight rebounds in 18 minutes in a 92-89 loss to the Suns on Friday night. He added five points and two blocked shots -- a better effort than Wednesday night's opener when he looked lost with two points and two rebounds.

He admitted being nervous in his debut.

"In that first game there were a lot of jitters, and I couldn't really get myself going a little bit, but I can't use it as an excuse," Drummond said. "Tonight I felt a lot more comfortable going down the floor."

-- Detroit Free Press
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: