Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #1306
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Great win today and a VERY exciting game. I'll reserve my criticisms about our guys for another day. I HAVE to say something about the refs though. Melo had 36 and only went to the line TWICE. Both of those were because of intentional fouls, of which, the first of which the refs really were refusing to call it. It's becoming ridiculous. I know people think I sound like a homer but even Hubie Brown was like "c'mon...he's getting hacked." Meanwhile, if you even sneeze on Durant, it's a foul. If you give him a tissue, it's a tech. I'm still trying to figure out how Chandler got that tech on a play in which he drew a foul.

Watching Knicks games haven't been doing good things to my blood pressure, especially when it comes to the reffing.

Countless times I've raged at the TV in anger and confusion, wondering why in the world Melo doesn't get the same treatment as other high caliber players such as a Durant or Lebron.

Its unfair and its ridiculous. You're not a homer for acknowledging that...its plain as day. I can only imagine how unstoppable Melo would be if things werent the way it is.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #1307
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It got to the point where I started wondering whether he has bruises all over him after games. He takes an incredible amount of punishment.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #1308
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

The way Melo is reffed is actually good. It's only a problem when other guys get those calls. If everyone was reffed consistently, I'd prefer to see fewer fouls called and a more physical game overall.

I'm read for the playoffs to start though. None of these remaining regular season games seems interesting. Let's get to it.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #1309
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
The way Melo is reffed is actually good. It's only a problem when other guys get those calls. If everyone was reffed consistently, I'd prefer to see fewer fouls called and a more physical game overall.

I'm read for the playoffs to start though. None of these remaining regular season games seems interesting. Let's get to it.
I actually agree with you. I'm ok with refs letting them play as long as they do it consistently.

But when one guy is getting to the free throw line just because you look at him wrong and the other one can't buy a foul despite attacking the rim strong then you know the reffing is awful.

Let them play but call it same for both teams.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #1310
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Durant can be infuriating to watch with all of that.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #1311
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Part of it is like how they had such a tough time officiating shaq. Carmelo's strength takes him through contact as where when Durant is contacted it knocks him of balance. You hit his arms and his arms go flying- you hit Carmelo's arms and it looks like no calls

The other part is just image

The part that really makes me sick about Durant is not only does he get offensive superstar treatment but he is allowed defensive star treatment. Defends with his hands, reaches in and pushes and gets treated as a great defender.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #1312
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I leave the country and this team goes ape sh!t. Havent watched one game and they start a win streak of global awesomeness. I will continue this procedure even when I return and hope continues the good fortune! Time difference is too inconvenient to see the games but after tomorrow maybe.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #1313
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #1314
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

The last one is actually "fiddy". Common mistake.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #1315
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I get what you're saying but it's like saying someone's salary is ok for the amount of work they do when every other person doing the same job is getting paid double. If Stern and the NBA is insistent on today's ticky tac NBA, you can't then call it like the 94 Finals when it comes to Melo. I totally agree. I wish it were a tougher game out there. In fact, I think he wishes that also. He's a physical guy. But when other guys are getting the benefit of the doubt...when he is being called for touch fouls....when his peers/fellow Olympians are getting superstar calls...I know it has to feel like a huge kick in the gonads lol
Old 04-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #1316
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Durant can be infuriating to watch with all of that.
I agree. Chris Paul also. Sad part is, I like both of those guys. They seem like genuinely good dudes. The flopping and hyperbole to draw fouls is just nauseating though.

Last edited by franchize : 04-08-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:41 AM   #1317
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I leave the country and this team goes ape sh!t. Havent watched one game and they start a win streak of global awesomeness. I will continue this procedure even when I return and hope continues the good fortune! Time difference is too inconvenient to see the games but after tomorrow maybe.
Better leave the country come playoff time or you'll be the one blamed for an eventual Knicks loss

Quote:
I agree. Chris Paul also. Sad part is, I like both of those guys. They seem like genuinely good duds. The flopping and hyperbole to draw fouls is just nauseating though.
They don't,at least for me. Durant seems like a fake nice guy.
CP3 does seem like a nice guy but his flopping is really making me sick.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #1318
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Better leave the country come playoff time or you'll be the one blamed for an eventual Knicks loss

They don't,at least for me. Durant seems like a fake nice guy.
CP3 does seem like a nice guy but his flopping is really making me sick.

dudes*. My bad
Old 04-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #1319
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
dudes*. My bad
I understood what you wanted to say.

But I'll repeat my self. I DON'T THINK DURANT IS A NICE GUY.
He's a fake nice guy in my book.

I don't know about CP3 but one thing is sure,I really dislike his flopping.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #1320
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

cp3 and melo together would be dynamic. any chance we get cp3 next season?
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: