Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #526
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Looking into it a little deeper.

LA - We were destroying them until Dwight took out Melo.

Cle - Were winning comfortably without Melo, but Kyrie made a furious comeback that fell short.

Houston - No Melo.

Brooklyn - Good win with Melo.

Chicago - Refs completely took us out of the game. One of the worst reffed games I have ever seen.

Minnesota - Refs were screwing us over this game too, until the end when Melo took the game over and destroyed them in the 4th.

It wasn't as bad as you are making it out to be, considering we were without our best player for 1/3 of it.
You blame the refs too much. We were playing poorly against Chicago,refs also didn't help the cause. But by no means they were the reason we lost.
Bulls were the more physical team,they came to play while the Knicks waited for 4th quarter to start playing defense.
And refs did help us in some occasions in the Minnesota game (Melo elbowing Kirilenko,foul called on Kirilenko,then J.R.Smith not getting the second technical after slapping the ball away from Rubio and they weren't calling anything in the last 2 minutes). There were some bullshit calls against us though. But it wasn't as bad as it seemed to be,especially after the refs clearly helped us in the last 2 minutes. After that Woodson tech it seemed like they were afraid to call anything

Our defense was atrocious for most of the home stand and considering that everyone was bricking shots in the last few games 4-2 record is actually pretty good.
Felton,Brewer,Kidd and Novak couldn't hit an ocean right now. Especially Felton and Brewer. Even Melo is starting to miss some shots he was making this season.

So yeah,4-2 record is great considering how we played (solid to bad defense,everyone shooting poorly in the last few games).

Last edited by Clutch : 12-24-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #527
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Even if I am blaming the refs too much, that is only 1 game. The other one our MVP player was out. Most teams lose when their best player is out. 82-0 was never going to happen. You can't expect perfection every night of a long season.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #528
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree the refs were horrendous vs Chicago and Minnesota but we still played poorly. We really didnt deserve to win vs the Wolves. Melo saved our asses. I didnt like Melos defense last night. He missed some help assignments. All around we were bad. Chandler was a spectator all night. He got abused down low. We got zero point production from our 2 and 3. You cant win meaningful games like that.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #529
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Instead of whining about what they don't do, acknowledge that they can win games now that any other season they would have lost.

My lord, if you told me Amare, Shump, Camby, Sheed were out, and two guys in the starting lineup didn't score, and we still win the game........I take that and run, and wouldn't COMPLAIN one bit.
Why is it whining? Just because we are better, doesnt mean we cant point out our shortcomings. That way, if we come back down to earth, I can be on record for pointing stuff out while everyone else will be blaming Melo lol. But in all seriousness, I dont think anybody doesnt appreciate the Knicks play. But if all we did was wait till something went wrong to point things out, this board would get dry really quick. I just see it as healthy discussion.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:02 AM   #530
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Why is it whining? Just because we are better, doesnt mean we cant point out our shortcomings. That way, if we come back down to earth, I can be on record for pointing stuff out while everyone else will be blaming Melo lol. But in all seriousness, I dont think anybody doesnt appreciate the Knicks play. But if all we did was wait till something went wrong to point things out, this board would get dry really quick. I just see it as healthy discussion.

But you're right. Just because we have a good record it doesn't mean everything is perfect. Our defense for example could be way better. Everyone has started to brick shots lately so we rely on Melo or J.R.Smith to single handedly lead us to victory. Rebounding has been horrible all season long.

So yeah,we're having a great record,especially considering we've been hit by injuries.
But our defense and rebounding need to improve greatly if we want to do anything in the playoffs.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #531
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think our lack of scoring depth is catching up to us

we've been riding the hot hands of brewer kidd felton novak early in the season which gave teams fits when shooting lights out...but now brewer has came back down, kidd cant do it every night, novak is being covered well by good defensive teams, and i remember felton as if it was the 2010 season all over again.

its coming to an end slowly and we end up having melo or JR try to jack up shots

amare is desperately needed and it can only get good with him back
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #532
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Steve Nash is better than Ray Felton.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #533
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Raymond Felton is killing us. Time to reign him in and limit him to 5 shots a game.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #534
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
That's like saying LeBron James is better than Ronnie Brewer.

Raymond Felton and Tyson Chandler always play bad when it matters the most. I doubt they will be of any use in the playoffs.
Tyson getting owned for 3rd straight game. Felton playing like shit for like 10th straight game.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #535
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
That's like saying LeBron James is better than Ronnie Brewer.

Raymond Felton and Tyson Chandler always play bad when it matters the most. I doubt they will be of any use in the playoffs.
Tyson getting owned for 3rd straight game. Felton playing like shit for like 10th straight game.
I concur.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #536
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I think the team knew that too when they offered the guy 8 mil and he still wouldn't bite.

Then again the team wasn't willing to part with Shumpert, which i totally understand.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #537
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Got tickets for knicks-bulls on the 11th
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #538
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I think the team knew that too when they offered the guy 8 mil and he still wouldn't bite.

Then again the team wasn't willing to part with Shumpert, which i totally understand.
That damn bricklayer better come back with all his speed. Get Adrian Peterson's doctor in for a consult.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:05 AM   #539
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Felton is clearly injured. He's holding his hand every time down court. He needs to rest.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #540
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I'm in Florida and I haven't seen any games since Friday.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: