Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #31
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Why do you think our bench is going to be ugly ? If everyone is healthy our bench consists of Kidd,Prigioni,J.R.,Novak,Kurt,Sheed and Camby. That's pretty solid bench if you ask me.

The huge drop off between 1st and 2nd unit was evident in the preseason games because our 2nd unit was basically training camp invitees + Prigioni/Kidd. That won't be our bench during the regular season.

Well firstly, I find it hard to believe we'll have all of those guys available all season. I dont expect anything out of Sheed, Thomas or Prigioni really. Jr will b JR..the good and the bad. Kidd is washed up to me. But most importantly, I think the league has figured Novak out. He wont be sneaking up on anyone. He's 1 dimensional and plays ZERO defense.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #32
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The bench may become an issue later on, but right now I have n o worries.

Novak in particular isn't just shooting threes.

He's got a midrange pullup going on early in.

We got a few more games before it becomes real, but I wouldn't be surprised if none of these invites make it.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #33
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mickeal Pietrus and Kenyon Martin don't have jobs. I certainly think they are better than the invites..especially Pietrus. He's very versatile and gives us a weapon vs the Heat.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #34
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Well firstly, I find it hard to believe we'll have all of those guys available all season. I dont expect anything out of Sheed, Thomas or Prigioni really. Jr will b JR..the good and the bad. Kidd is washed up to me. But most importantly, I think the league has figured Novak out. He wont be sneaking up on anyone. He's 1 dimensional and plays ZERO defense.
Prigioni looked pretty good so far. He's an experienced veteran,starter for the Argentinian basketball team. Guy can play and is probably the best 3rd PG in the league.
Novak will still be useful. There are only a few elite defensive teams that can close out so fast and stop him (Heat,Celtics and few others) but against other 20-25 teams he'll get his. Especially against the teams like Wizards which will give him a lot of open looks.

Quote:
Mickeal Pietrus and Kenyon Martin don't have jobs. I certainly think they are better than the invites..especially Pietrus. He's very versatile and gives us a weapon vs the Heat.
Everyone is better than our training camp invitees. I think Clyde is still better than those guys
I would like us to sign both Pietrus and K-Mart. They can still play.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #35
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
They believe so as well, which is why they are being reported as holding out for more dough.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #36
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lin went 1/10 with 1 assist vs spurs in 25 mins

eddy curry 5/5 for 10 points

Last edited by bluechox2 : 10-15-2012 at 02:11 AM.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:00 AM   #37
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
lin went 1/10 with 1 assist vs spurs in 25 mins

eddy curry 5/5 for 10 points
Machado looked much better than Lin too. 9 points,11 assists

So far in the preseason Felton looks much better than Lin. I was never really upset when Lin left because I thought that Felton is as good as him and even a better fit for this team. Time will prove that I was right.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #38
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
They believe so as well, which is why they are being reported as holding out for more dough.

I know but at some point they're gonna realize they're not going to get it. When that first mortgage payment comes in and it isn't accompanied by a check from the NBA in your mailbox.

Quote:
Prigioni looked pretty good so far. He's an experienced veteran,starter for the Argentinian basketball team. Guy can play and is probably the best 3rd PG in the league.
Novak will still be useful. There are only a few elite defensive teams that can close out so fast and stop him (Heat,Celtics and few others) but against other 20-25 teams he'll get his. Especially against the teams like Wizards which will give him a lot of open looks.

It's really not hard at all. All you have to do is tell the person who is guarding him no to be the guy who helps. If you do that, Novak is inept. If we are basing things on how the Wizards handle our offense, then we're going to win a ring anyway lmao. Prigioni looked decent but let's be real. He's a 35 year old rookie. If we go by Knickscity's theory of free agency, there is a reason why he wasn't in the league. Better yet, since he's 35, there's about 10 years worth of reasons why he wasn't in the NBA. I don't think he'll hurt us like Toney Douglas did but I don't see him being any impact.

Last edited by franchize : 10-15-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #39
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I'm surprised Lin got so many minutes coming off of injury.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #40
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Franchize, how did i get a shout-out in that post?

I like our old dudes, but i know they shouldn't be sniffing major minutes or a starting role.

They're good enough to be backups, just have to make sure our starters are handling their, so the roles won't get mixed.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #41
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
I know but at some point they're gonna realize they're not going to get it. When that first mortgage payment comes in and it isn't accompanied by a check from the NBA in your mailbox.

It's really not hard at all. All you have to do is tell the person who is guarding him no to be the guy who helps. If you do that, Novak is inept. If we are basing things on how the Wizards handle our offense, then we're going to win a ring anyway lmao. Prigioni looked decent but let's be real. He's a 35 year old rookie. If we go by Knickscity's theory of free agency, there is a reason why he wasn't in the league. Better yet, since he's 35, there's about 10 years worth of reasons why he wasn't in the NBA. I don't think he'll hurt us like Toney Douglas did but I don't see him being any impact.
Some of the guys don't want to leave Europe. They have a starting role,family and a good contract there. Why leave ?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #42
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Just finished watching the Knicks live practice and I did not realize Kidd played 35 minutes against the Celtics.

Also not only should Ewing not be a head coach, he absolutely stinks as an analyst.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #43
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

One of my bigges fearsthis season is that Felton is going to be looking over his shoulder all season because we feel compelled to play Kidd. Seems like we want Kidd to be the better guy so bad but production just desnt warrant it. Best believe if Felton goes cold for a few games, that conversation will be had repeatedly. It's like Tebow lite lol
Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #44
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Idk fam, Felton would have to be downright awful for Kidd to be summoned in.

Now I do believe Felton may not be on the floor at the end of some games.

But I feel overall Woody is gonna go with who got him to certain spots.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #45
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Idk fam, Felton would have to be downright awful for Kidd to be summoned in.

Now I do believe Felton may not be on the floor at the end of some games.

But I feel overall Woody is gonna go with who got him to certain spots.
The only way I want to see kidd on the floor at the end of games if we are down 50 or up 50. This guy is terrible.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: