Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #406
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

We need Melo back...he better play tmrw

And man I cant wait till Shump returns...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:25 AM   #407
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stop beating around the bush. Felton killed us vs Chicago. We should have been 3-0 on the road trip.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:59 AM   #408
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I couldn't watch the game. Wha' happened?
It was an ugly game,neither team shooting well. Knicks were tied with like 5 minutes to go but then the Bulls just excecuted better and won the game. Knicks only offense was high pick and roll with Felton and Chandler which resulted in Felton hoisting it up and bricking everything.
On the other hand Chicago actually had some nice plays (Noah open dunk,Deng open layup...) and that's where they created the separation.
Our defense wasn't good in the 4th quarter,mostly because of Tyson's foul trouble. We couldn't have got stops when we needed them and combined with a poor offensive performance led to a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Stop beating around the bush. Felton killed us vs Chicago. We should have been 3-0 on the road trip.

Felton is the reason we beat Miami. He kept us in game and builded a lead and then the teammates helped him to finish them off. Felton just isn't elite,you can't expect him to play terrific every night,especially when he needs to be #1 scoring option. I actually think he got some nice looks but he just couldn't put the ball in the basket.
I think J.R. was even worse. He took even more difficult shots than Ray and he got burned on defense. Deng was killing him which was crucial in the 4th.

By the way guys,James White seems like a solid pickup. Guy can ball. Solid at everything. I would like to see him getting more minutes,especially on back to back games.

Last edited by Clutch : 12-09-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #409
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Your take away in this game it was Felton's fault....

Felton is one of the main reasons Tyson has been revived... Where was anyone else? Where was Robin JR Smith? Where was anyone else? Kidd?

I think it had a lot to do with being fatigue. Chicago did a great job of taking away what the Knicks like to do and the players couldnt adjust. 4th quarter poor rotation on defense.

Last edited by Rameek : 12-09-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 AM   #410
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tyson has been playing well ever since that Houston debacle.

His stats after the Houston game (8 games overall):
16.3 points,11.5 rebounds on 74% shooting.

Those are great numbers. His help defense still isn't there but his one on one defense has been good.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #411
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Melo still cant grab the ball. He shouldnt be out there. This game isnt that important.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #412
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He played good out there even closed the game out with 11 4th quarter points.

Had some rust to get off early, wound up 10-18 after the 0-6 start.

This is why you make the trade.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #413
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Chandler looked good. JR was a disaster for the most part. Woodson's love for him will cost us at least one playoff game.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:41 AM   #414
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Chandler looked good. JR was a disaster for the most part. Woodson's love for him will cost us at least one playoff game.
If we're lucky

J.R. has been awful lately. On the other hand Tyson has been great. How quickly things turn around. J.R. was amazing at the start of the season while Tyson was looking like a 7'1 Amare with no jumpshot.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #415
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
I said this when the Knicks were going good. The shots JR was taking before looked great because he was making them but once those same shots stopped going in people are going to say they are terrible.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #416
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1.I actually thought JR played pretty well...especially late in the game. He hit some tough shots. He played well on defense.

2.Woodson kinda almost cost us the game. He kept putting Kidd on Gallo. I couldnt understand it for the life of me.

3.Tyson Chandler shouldnt be on the court unless Felton is on the court. Period. All he can do is catch lobs and get putbacks. When Felton goes out, Chandler should go out too. He owes Felton a portion of his check.

4. We need Shumpert and Amare back. Yes, we're winning. Our depth issues are starting to show though. When our starters have to go to the bench, we begin relinquishing leads. I wish we'd play Copeland a little more. We need one more big (Amare) to where we don't have to play Kurt Thomas and one more backcourt player (Shumpert) to keep us from having to play Prigioni and White.

5. Felton has been good on offense but I havent liked his defense as of late. He's having far too many defensive lapses. Nothing that can't be fixed fairly easily but he needs to focus better on defense.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #417
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think White is actually pretty good. He's shown the ability to shoot the 3, and hit a mid range J. I wanna see them clear out and give him a few isos to attack the rim.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #418
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
I think White is actually pretty good. He's shown the ability to shoot the 3, and hit a mid range J. I wanna see them clear out and give him a few isos to attack the rim.
I don't think he's bad. I just don't think he's a fit for us yet. He's best in fast break situations. Until we get Shump and Amare back, we can't run like that yet. I think once Shump gets back and Kidd can move to the backup point, White becomes a better asset. Until then, he has to play with Prigioni who is only suited for half court play.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #419
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Most centers dont have a back to the basket game. So outside of the elite C's or converted PF's most are just hustle scrappers. You need Chandler there and he needs those touches to keep him motivated. Regardless of who is out there.

I cant complain about JR Smith's struggles or successes because at this point he is the number 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
1.I actually thought JR played pretty well...especially late in the game. He hit some tough shots. He played well on defense.

2.Woodson kinda almost cost us the game. He kept putting Kidd on Gallo. I couldnt understand it for the life of me.

3.Tyson Chandler shouldnt be on the court unless Felton is on the court. Period. All he can do is catch lobs and get putbacks. When Felton goes out, Chandler should go out too. He owes Felton a portion of his check.

4. We need Shumpert and Amare back. Yes, we're winning. Our depth issues are starting to show though. When our starters have to go to the bench, we begin relinquishing leads. I wish we'd play Copeland a little more. We need one more big (Amare) to where we don't have to play Kurt Thomas and one more backcourt player (Shumpert) to keep us from having to play Prigioni and White.

5. Felton has been good on offense but I havent liked his defense as of late. He's having far too many defensive lapses. Nothing that can't be fixed fairly easily but he needs to focus better on defense.

I can agree with mostly everything you said.

Last edited by Rameek : 12-10-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #420
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I can't believe we have a competitive team lol Like seriously. At first it seemed like just a win streak, but we seem legit now. I can't F-in believe it. I've struggled hrough years of watching us suck. We actually are winning games and not by flukes. Some nights we just completely tear the net off the rim with our outside shooting. Most importantly, on nights we aren't shooting well, we still gets wins because we play hard nosed defense, we out hustle teams and we're fiesty. We scrap with elite teams and take care of business when it comes to teams we are supposed to beat. I don't know how long this will last, but damn, for the 1st time in a while... It feels GREAT to be a Knicks Fan! It's enough to make a grown man cry
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: