Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

After Pablo, those other guys won't even play much, so no worries to me.

Novak Camby JR Pablo Kidd round out the rotation, Woody isn't going past 10, and he shouldn't.

Now what might happen is guys getting a day off during back to backs to keep a fresh group ready for every game.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #17
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sarc it's early, but is this thread geared for all games?

I won't sticky it just yet, since we really dont have alot of other topics.

But if it's the whole season, it may get the part 1, part 2 type treatment.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #18
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Sarc it's early, but is this thread geared for all games?

I won't sticky it just yet, since we really dont have alot of other topics.

But if it's the whole season, it may get the part 1, part 2 type treatment.

It was supposed to be for general comments to all the games.

Game 2 tonight vs Boston.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #19
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

prigioni killing it in the 4th
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #20
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amazing game for preseason standards. It felt like a regular season game,at times even like a playoff game.

Both Felton and Prigioni looked great. Tyson connected on a lot of alley oops. Copeland was the player of the game,he thrived with Prigioni on the floor.
Novak had some nice moves off the dribble,his 3-pt shot wasn't falling because he took contested shots and had to release them too quickly.
Melo was Melo,he can score from anywhere.
Thompson is a bum,just like Sims and especially Shurna.
White was ok,nothing more.

Overall it was a great win. We played without half of the team (Amare,J.R.,Camby,Shumpert,Brewer and Sheed are all out) and we still beat the team that was 1 win away from winning the East last season.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #21
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Celtics played their starters quite a bit against our bench as well.

Copeland may have secured that spot on the team, it may be his to lose right now.

Always good to get a win vs the Celtics no matter what the venue is.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:18 PM   #22
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Just Got Back From The Game, Knicks Nation, Lets Go. Met Walt Frazier And Got His Autograph. Courtside Pics Coming In A Bit
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #23
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Cool! Please share.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #24
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

This place was ERUPTING like it was the garden towards the end, missed camby, JR (bench), amare, and rasheed (all MIA lol)

Old 10-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #25
kNicKz
College superstar

and idk if the game was televised but Kidd was CLUTCH. 3 pointer, rebound over sullenger, and 2 clutch free throws, all in a row. He stepped up in the moment. And copeland went OFF, damn
Old 10-14-2012, 01:55 AM   #26
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
and idk if the game was televised but Kidd was CLUTCH. 3 pointer, rebound over sullenger, and 2 clutch free throws, all in a row. He stepped up in the moment. And copeland went OFF, damn

saw the game, they guys who suited up played great, i think the young guys are just....young...first nba games, just the jitters... but copeland came poised after being forgotten in the first but he didnt let that bother him and came to play in the 2nd

just wondering how woodson is gonna get all these guys minutes, they all can play, from 1-13... we are deep as ****

cant wait to see the amare felton connection. Tyson has already gotten off with good chemistry with our guards.

Melo is just crazy good and can get almost any shot he wants (glad hes so underrated this year) gonna explode
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #27
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court Vision
'Sheed, Camby, Shumpert, Brewer and A'mare didn't even play. I don't know how you can say the bench is going to be pathetic.

Pre-season overreaction.

Prigioni looked good. Novak picked up right where he left off. JR Smith played very well. And Kidd and Kurt will both be fine in limited spurts.

And none of the young guys are expected to actually play/make the team.

Sorry but I gotta agree with Rameek. Preseason isnt nearly as important as the regular season but you can get some things out of it. As rameek and Knickscity mentioned before, our bench is ugly. I think the revelation I got from that game was that there is going to be a huge drop off in production when we go to our second unit.

Knickz, did you get the same vibe from Clyde as I did? That dude just seems like everything he does is cool. He looks like he takes a dump cool lol

Great pics btw. You're seats were pretty damn good! Did you notice the weight loss in Felton like I did

Last edited by franchize : 10-14-2012 at 01:52 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #28
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I'm glad that there was some good moments in the Boston game I havent seen the replay of the game.

Its good for the team to start slow and see some kind of progression.

I am looking to see how the team runs set plays this preseason a little cohesion.

Next I want to see how individual talents can be a benefit to the team.

For example:
I want to see if Novak cant get his shot off what does he do with the ball. Can he put it on the floor and get another shot? Does he go to the rack or move in closer for a better shot? I know this guy just isnt going to be adequate on defense.

Will Jr continue put the team defense at risk going for every single steal?

The bench can be servicable in short limited stints and I feel kinda confident in the likes of Brewer and JR playing extended minutes if necessary. Camby I feel confident in as a player and talent he's just pronish.

Kidd, Sheed, Kurt are just crust and stiff. Pablo I will reserve my opinion until I see more of him.

Novak extremely limited player 3 pt shooter with no game.

The rest are kids with a wait and see attitude. James White who knows.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #29
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Sorry but I gotta agree with Rameek. Preseason isnt nearly as important as the regular season but you can get some things out of it. As rameek and Knickscity mentioned before, our bench is ugly. I think the revelation I got from that game was that there is going to be a huge drop off in production when we go to our second unit.

Knickz, did you get the same vibe from Clyde as I did? That dude just seems like everything he does is cool. He looks like he takes a dump cool lol

Great pics btw. You're seats were pretty damn good! Dd you notice the wait loss in Felton like I did
Why do you think our bench is going to be ugly ? If everyone is healthy our bench consists of Kidd,Prigioni,J.R.,Novak,Kurt,Sheed and Camby. That's pretty solid bench if you ask me.

The huge drop off between 1st and 2nd unit was evident in the preseason games because our 2nd unit was basically training camp invitees + Prigioni/Kidd. That won't be our bench during the regular season.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #30
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Why do you think our bench is going to be ugly ? If everyone is healthy our bench consists of Kidd,Prigioni,J.R.,Novak,Kurt,Sheed and Camby. That's pretty solid bench if you ask me.

The huge drop off between 1st and 2nd unit was evident in the preseason games because our 2nd unit was basically training camp invitees + Prigioni/Kidd. That won't be our bench during the regular season.
I told you why but he can expand on it.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: