Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #916
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Well Mickeal won't play for any team any time soon and I think he is just going to retire .

He might be blood doping. That's twice now that this has happened and it's one of the common side effects of blood doping. And if you look at Mickeal, he is absolutely freaking huge and a total physical beast..............at age 35 and just gets better and better and better the older he gets, and he always comes back fast from bad knee and ankle injuries and even seems better than he was.

All the signs seem to be there.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #917
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Rudy had a great game against CSKA again because of Weems plays horrible defense . CSKA played great in the first half but they got a little relaxed in 2nd half . Very good games by Teodosic , Krstic , Weems and Khryapa .

Grinder this is why I think Khryapa is better than Mirotic . He only scored 6 points but his index rating is 18 , not many players can do the same .

Mirotic scores strictly from free throws and ref bailouts. The guy can't score his own created shot if his life depended on it. He's nowhere near the level of a player like Khryapa.

And the defense you mention, it's players like Weems and Farmar that are atrocious on defense, yet we are being told all the time here how these are the "MVPs" and "clear best players in Europe". Yeah sure..........I've never seen such awful defenders in Euroleague amongst supposedly "good players" as these guys.

And fiba, I told you Papaloukas could still play. Now you should see I am right.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #918
CeltsGarlic
straight from...

I still cant believe that an awful team like efes will be playing in the next stage instead of zalgiris... I kills me..
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #919
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
I still cant believe that an awful team like efes will be playing in the next stage instead of zalgiris... I kills me..

Efes and Siena have been pushed all season long by Euroleague. They made an effort all season to help these teams and get them into the playoffs. I think because Euroleague could not stand to see them spending all this money and have bad teams..........there was no way to help Fener.

With Siena going down, and the horrible coaching of Scariolo in Milano, that's pretty much the last nail in the coffin of the POS Italian League. So they had to help them, even gifting them a game with a shot clock issue.

Which means some teams like Maccabi, Khimki, and Olympiacos are all being screwed over royally to help them. Without the refs help I doubt they even would have made the Top 16 and sure the hell they would have had no chance making the playoffs.

Not with a team that can't play any defense and can't rebound the ball.

Efes is the similar case. All this tons of money these Turkish clubs are investing and they still all suck. Every year for the last 3-4 years even before this one we hear how Turkish League is "the best in Europe" and how Efes and Fener will be "final four teams" and every year they suck. Every year the Turkish League is still terrible and the Turkish teams are lucky to even make Top 16 and play bad basketball, despite enormous amounts of spending on their rosters.

So it seems now like Euroleague just decided to push Fener and help them do it this year. They would not have made the playoffs without refs help. It isn't just Zalgiris that is better than they are, but I think also Malaga is better.

Efes is just soft, soft, soft as a team other than some guys like Lucas and Savanovic that team is SOFT.

If you would notice, in like half their games this year, all of a sudden in like the last 3-5 minutes of close games, Jordan Farmar just magically starts getting fouled left and right......and then getting free throws and the other team in the penalty.

Then of course the next thing is the other team has to lay off the defense on him. And this has happened time and time again at the end of close Efes games.

I just hope the refs don't punish whatever teams these two might get in the playoffs as well, to push them all the way to the final four.

Last edited by Euroleague : 03-28-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #920
CeltsGarlic
straight from...

You have some points. Brose baskets( one of my fav ) game against efes was a joke. Ref completely missed the call on the last play. It was pathetic.
Savanovic is softie, thats a fact too.

Turkish league is the biggest joke. fake teams, fake teams everywhere. I cant even comment on besiktas.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #921
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
You have some points. Brose baskets( one of my fav ) game against efes was a joke. Ref completely missed the call on the last play. It was pathetic.
Savanovic is softie, thats a fact too.

Turkish league is the biggest joke. fake teams, fake teams everywhere. I cant even comment on besiktas.

When I said soft I didn't mean playing soft. Savanovic is soft physically. What I meant was soft mentally. Lucas is not soft physically or mentally. Savanovic is soft physically, but not mentally.

But the rest of that team is all mentally soft, well Tunceri isn't mentally soft. But he's not really being made an important player for them. I doubt he would be on the floor in most critical moments.

I think we are seeing the result with these German and Turkish clubs though..............of everything wrong with Euroleague today.

Turkish clubs just spend spend spend and what an absolute embarrassment and joke they are. Not just the ones in Euroleague either, but Galatasaray was the same in Eurocup, maybe they even have the biggest roster of any Turkish club.

Turkish clubs are like a mockery of proper way for clubs to be built.

Then these German clubs..............pretty much PROVED that this German League rule that you can only spend on a roster how much the team earns in money is never going to work at this level of basketball. But we already have Euroleague copying the rule. Fact is no matter how hard these German teams are trying (and they really are trying, especially Brose).............they just have no chance in hell at competing at Top 16 level.

And with this new Euroleague rule copied from the German League.........EVERY team in Euroleague is going to be at or below the level of those teams. It's going to set the level of Euroleague back 30 years if they implement that rule.

Last edited by Euroleague : 03-28-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #922
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #923
CeltsGarlic
straight from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
When I said soft I didn't mean playing soft. Savanovic is soft physically. What I meant was soft mentally. Lucas is not soft physically or mentally. Savanovic is soft physically, but not mentally.

But the rest of that team is all mentally soft, well Tunceri isn't mentally soft. But he's not really being made an important player for them. I doubt he would be on the floor in most critical moments.

Thats right. Savanovic always melts in 4th.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #924
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

[quote=Euroleague]Mirotic scores strictly from free throws and ref bailouts. The guy can't score his own created shot if his life depended on it. He's nowhere near the level of a player like Khryapa.

And the defense you mention, it's players like Weems and Farmar that are atrocious on defense, yet we are being told all the time here how these are the "MVPs" and "clear best players in Europe". Yeah sure..........I've never seen such awful defenders in Euroleague amongst supposedly "good players" as these guys.

And fiba, I told you Papaloukas could still play. Now you should see I am right./QUOTE]

Since we are talking about defense who do you think will win DPOY ? I think DD will win it like always but he doesn't deserve to his defense is overrated , either Khryapa or James should win it .

Papaloukas is playing bad so I don't understand how are you right . Every time Teodosic goes to the bench CSKA can't do anything on offense because Papaloukas can't do anything , almost every time they need to shoot in the last seconds offense .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #925
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Defender of year...............................I hope Diamantidis does not win it again. He's already got a whole bunch that he never deserved. He's not even the best defender on his own team to be honest.

But yea, this award is just like in NBA, where they just keep selecting same players over and over and over.

I would give it to someone like Moss or Sada.

Here are the nominees for Best Defender and Rising Star:

Best Defender nominees:

Dimitris Diamantidis
Stephane Lasme
Kyle Hines
Rudy Fernandez
Ricky Hickman
Victor Khryapa
Shawn James
Jamon Lucas
Sergey Monya
David Moss
Victor Sada
Ante Tomic

as usual some guys being nominated that don't deserve it and some ones that do being left off............

Rising Star nominees:

Kostas Papanikolaou
Alessandro Gentile
Drew Gordon
Rasid Mahalbasic
Nicolo Melli
Nikola Mirotic
Dejan Musli
Nemanja Nedovic
Darko Planinic
Mateusz Ponitka
Klemen Prepelic
Sasu Salin
Leo Westermann

Last edited by Euroleague : 03-28-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #926
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Baskonia won at Khimki and blew their group up.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #927
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

And gabepizza can STFU now. He had been guaranteeing here for MONTHS that "Bobby Brown will be the Euroleague MVP" and even in the last couple months shit like, "Siena is already in the playoffs"...........

No matter how many times he was told he was a complete moron by me and fiba he kept on with it.

You can STFU now gabe.

gabe's failed predictions for this year's Euroleague:

"Hilton Armstrong will be the all Euroleague first team center" = FAIL

"Joey Dorsey will dominate Euroleague and be the defensive player of the year" = FAIL

"Bobby Brown will be the Euroleague MVP" = FAIL

"Siena will make the Euroleague playoffs" = FAIL

"Alba is one of the best teams in Europe" = FAIL

"Siena is one of the best teams in Europe" = FAIL

"Fenerbahce is an elite Euroleague team" = FAIL

"Jordan Farmar or Sonny Weems will lead the Euroleague in scoring" = FAIL

"Olympiacos won't make the Top 16" = FAIL

"Olympiacos won't make the playoffs" = FAIL

I guess gabe will be all in now on his "Jordan Farmar or Sonny Weems MVP and Efes Euroleague champions" trolling bullshit now.........

gabepizza is the biggest bandwagon hopper EVER. Of course, gabe won't admit one thing about being wrong, after taunting and trolling here for months on end about Bobby Brown being, "Euroleague MVP".

Last edited by Euroleague : 04-04-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #928
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague playoffs set:

1. CSKA Moscow versus Baskonia Vitoria

2. Olympiacos Piraeus versus Efes Istanbul

3. Barcelona versus Panathinaikos Athens

4. Real Madrid versus Maccabi Tel Aviv

Last edited by Euroleague : 04-04-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #929
TOLATE
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Euroleague playoffs set:

1. CSKA Moscow versus Baskonia Vitoria

2. Olympiacos Piraeus versus Efes Istanbul

3. Barcelona versus Panathinaikos Athens

4. Real Madrid versus Maccabi Tel Aviv

you think maccabi got a chance to win it all? get to the final four?
TOLATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #930
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLATE
you think maccabi got a chance to win it all? get to the final four?

They have no business being in top 8.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: