Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #31
Euroleague
Banned

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus
I wonder why ESPN3 chose to broadcast Fenerbahce's game. Is it because they beat the Celtics?

No. It's because it's Euroleague's game of the week. I'm pretty sure that ESPN always broadcasts the game of the week.

Euroleague was getting quite upset with ESPN that they used to solely broadcast games because some player NBA fans knew was in the game. Like broadcasting all of the games Childress played in and all of the games Rubio played in.

So Euroleague made them start broadcasting the actual game of the week, so that more teams would be shown in the US. Because the way ESPN was doing it, lots of Euroleague's bigger games were never broadcast, but some totally meaningless blowout games were broadcast quite a lot.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #32
Euroleague
Banned

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
Ha! I didn't know Farmar went back to Euroleague. Let's see what he can do a whole season there. I would also say from watching the NBA vs Euroleague games that Sato, Micheal and Tomic look pretty good.

Sato is old and well past his prime. He's very limited on offense. He's mainly just a wing defender and spot shooter that can dunk now and then.

Mickeal is a really good player, but he's also WAY past his prime. He can only play at top level for 2-3 games really and he gets totally exhausted in the big games.

Tomic is a huge talent. He's also incredibly soft and bad at defense and rebounding. But his size makes up for it. Huge, huge talent. Unfortunately, he's never ever playing anywhere near to being a top level Euroleague player.

These are all nice players, but nowhere even remotely close to top level Euroleague players. It really shows your extreme lack of Euroleague knowledge, yet you talk so much crap about it here.

Yeah those are nice players, but far from being among the best in Euroleague. In the NBA, they would even be called "role players" on their own teams.

You see them play one game and see they are good. Which really shows how much of a freaking hater you are. Because there are lots of much better players than them in Euroleague. Guys you have never seen play, but that you call "scrubs".
Old 10-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #33
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i wonder what bo fg% would be if he played in the nba...
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #34
Euroleague
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
They might as well just rename this thread the Sonny Weems vs Joey Dorsey Countdown to MVP watch thread, because that's what Euroleague is this year.

Grinder asked you politely not to troll. Either stop trolling or GTFO asshole.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #35
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

No handchecking w/ the defensive three second rule? He would still be very efficient. Guy is like Wade-lite: quick, crafty and savvy.

I wanna see him play in the NBA.

Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy : 10-11-2012 at 06:10 PM.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #36
Euroleague
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

Higher than it is in Euroleague because you have the defensive 3 seconds rule in the NBA. Guys like McCalebb and Spanoulis could average 25 a game in the NBA easily, as long as they were given offensive freedom and lots of playing time.

I mean these guys are MUCH better players than someone like Monta Ellis for example. Similar to him in offensive scoring style, but much better.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #37
Euroleague
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
No handchecking w/ the 3 second violation implemented? He would still be very efficient. Guy is like Wade-lite: quick, crafty and savvy.

Yeah, but you can't really factor in the no hand check rule anymore to try to estimate what his stats would be in the NBA. Since the Euroleague isn't allowing hand checking that much anymore either.

They used to allow it all the time, now I really only see it being allowed in the Top 16 and playoffs. They don't allow it in regular season or final four hardly at all now.

Remember last year they switched to NBA rules on travels, carrying the ball, interpretation of fouls, hand checking -- all of that to help make it easy for the NBA players to adjust during the lockout.

Then FIBA changed the same rules to NBA the same way before the Olympics, and now Euroleague has apparently made the rules permanent. But the defensive 3 seconds rule is huge.

You can see how awful most NBA point guards are against that Euroleague clogged zone, the same guys that put huge numbers in NBA. Honestly, just with the open lane, guys like McCalebb, Huertas, and Spanoulis would probably destroy the NBA if they played there.

Last edited by Euroleague : 10-11-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #38
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Yeah, but you can't really factor in the no hand check rule anymore to try to estimate what his stats would be in the NBA. Since the Euroleague isn't allowing hand checking that much anymore either.

They used to allow it all the time, now I really only see it being allowed in the Top 16 and playoffs. They don't allow it in regular season or final four hardly at all now.

Remember last year they switched to NBA rules on travels, carrying the ball, interpretation of fouls, hand checking

Wow; I actually had no idea. Interesting that they let that stuff slide in the postseason.

Quote:
You can see how awful most NBA point guards are against that Euroleague clogged zone, the same guys that put huge numbers in NBA. Honestly, just with the open lane, guys like McCalebb, Huertas, and Spanoulis would probably destroy the NBA if they played there.

Agreed w/ the bold. I haven't watched enough Spanoulis and Huertas to make an educated opinion. When I have the time, I'll be tuning in though.

BTW - big thanks for the ESPN3 info. I watched the Fenerbace and Khimki Moscow game in an HD stream.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #39
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

Nice job of summoning that Euroleague inbred racist

What part of POST IN THE INTERNATIONAL FORUM is hard to understand??
Yeah it wont get many views, because.. wait for it.... WE DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE EURO SCRUB LEAGUE
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #40
Euroleague
Banned

Quote:
Wow; I actually had no idea. Interesting that they let that stuff slide in the postseason.

Agreed w/ the bold. I haven't watched enough Spanoulis and Huertas to make an educated opinion. When I have the time, I'll be tuning in though.

BTW - big thanks for the ESPN3 info. I watched the Fenerbace and Khimki Moscow game in an HD stream.

Huertas and Spanoulis are even better on offense than McCalebb is. McCalebb is almost all scoring, and he's definitely a better scorer than Huertas. But that's all he does on offense.

Huertas runs a team incredibly well, he's a pick and roll master. The guy would be a monster in the NBA with the more open space, further 3 point line, and the open lane. He's like a more athletic Steve Nash, except not as good of an outside shooter.

He's OK as a 3 point shooter, not great like Nash. But he's just as good, maybe even better than Nash at running a team and pick and roll.

Spanoulis would tear the NBA apart if he got the chance to do so. He's basically the same as McCalebb on offense and scoring, except a way better shooter and he's light years ahead of McCalebb in court vision, running an offense, passing, running pick and roll, creating for others.

Diamantidis is another Euroleague point guard to watch. I'm not sure if playing in the NBA would help him though, as he does not like to drive that much. I'm not sure if the open lane would help him a lot, and he plays slow and he's not athletic.

But he's better than McCalebb. For some reason now everyone is all over McCalebb's nuts. He's a great player (hell of a lot better than someone like Ty Lawson), but he's the most overrated guy in Euroleague now.

I would take Spanoulis or Diamantidis over him 10 times out of 10. After that the next best point guards in Euroleague are probably Huertas or McCalebb.

Teodosic used to be another Euroleague point guard that was better than McCalebb, but for some reason he lost his game the last two years.

Best Euroleague point guards right now are probably:

1. Spanoulis
2. Diamantidis
3. McCalebb
4. Huertas
5. Teodosic

The thing is though that McCalebb isn't really a point guard. He's a 100% SG. He's just small, so he gets classed as a PG. He's a pure SG though. An Aaron Brooks type basically.

Last edited by Euroleague : 10-11-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #41
fsvr54
Decent college freshman

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

These nikkas, especially Spanouilis would get locked down in the NBA, except maybe McCalleb.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #42
Euroleague
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsvr54
These nikkas, especially Spanouilis would get locked down in the NBA, except maybe McCalleb.

They don't play defense in the NBA. Even bad Euroleague point guards could average double figures in the zero defense NBA.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #43
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
No handchecking w/ the defensive three second rule? He would still be very efficient. Guy is like Wade-lite: quick, crafty and savvy.

Every single player who plays significant minutes in both leagues posts a much higher shooting percentage in Euroleagues.

Luis Scola shot well over 60% from the field in Euroleague one season. He never came close to that in the NBA.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #44
peejay89
I airball my layups

peejay89 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder

Please don't troll/spam this thread. The poster Euroleague is bound to post here, but just ignore him rather than ruining the thread.

Guess he missed that post and just started posting, isn't there a way to ban him from posting here? it was a good thread before that
peejay89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #45
zizozain
hi AJ2k8

zizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The poster Euroleague

get the fuck out of this thread ... as the above poster said: it was a good thread

out
έξω
fuera
dehors
uit

GTFO asshole

everyone wants you out
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: