Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Legends66NBA7
Dinosaurs live again

Default Get to know a Toronto Raptor: John Lucas III

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...ohn-lucas-iii/

Quote:
Who was your favourite player growing up?

JL: I didnít have a favourite player. There were so many. I was just a fan of basketball. I liked everyone in the NBA. Of course there are Michael [Jordan], Magic [Johnson], Larry [Bird]. I liked all of them. But I also like Oscar Robertson averaging a triple double. Iím coming from a basketball house. My father [former San Antonio, Philadelphia and Cleveland head coach John Lucas] always expressed the legends and who came in before he came in and who came in after him. With my size, I always respected the small guards, like Muggsy Bogues, Spud Webb, Damon Stoudamire, Allen Iverson. Even the guards today: Chris Paul.

Who was the most important coach in your development?

JL: I would have to say my father. Second to that would be a tie between Coach [Eddie] Sutton, my college coach, and Tom Thibodeau. Sutton, he was like a father to me. He made me change my act. He made me grow up. What I mean by that is when I went there, I had braids. In order for me to play there, he made me cut my hair. Itís just that mindset of youíre not a little kid anymore. Iím getting you ready for this next chapter in your book. After you leave college, youíre in the real world. Theyíre not going to accept the braids. Coach Thibodeau was just the guy who gave me a chance to show what I can do.

Who is your favourite teammate ever?

JL: My favourite teammate? Iíve been around so many great guys, man. Thatís a tough one. My favourite teammate would have to be Joakim Noah. That guy is one of a kind. I donít think Iíll meet anybody like him.

Whatís your goal this season?

JL: As an individual, just come in and contribute. Come in and play my heart out, and leave it all out there every night. Iím not big on how many points I score, how many assists I have. Iím just big on winning ball games. As a team, I think our goal is to just get over that hump, trying to get to the playoffs, trying to get where they were with Vince Carter. Weíre capable of doing it. We have the right pieces to do it.

Whatís one thing people donít know about you?

JL: Iím silly. I always joke around. Iíve got a personality about me where Iím serious on the court, but when Iím off the court, I just like to have fun. I like to live life. Life canít be all serious every single minute, hour. When I go home, I watch cartoons. I like comedies. I crack jokes with my mom. She always gets mad at me. I think I get that from my dad.

Do you have a favourite cartoon?

JL: Mighty Mouse, Scrappy-Doo, Speedy Gonzales. I like all those little, fast characters that get away with everything.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: