Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: thoughts on interracial relationships?

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    Ah, so one parent is half-white and the other is white. Math!

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Lmao op is gotta be RG. Only an asian who lives on ish makes these topics.

No wonder u mad

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by WockaVodka
    what are you guys thoughts on interracial relationships?

for me, if a girl has slept with a black guy she loses a good amount in her rating.
    That is official, categorical, racism.... whether you are able to accept it or not.

For me, I couldn't care less about what race/color/creed wants to marry another from the same or different race/color/creed.

Just wait... in another few hundred years we'll all be the same moderately-tan-skinned, dark-haired, complexion and appearance.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I'm of a very mixed background. Carribean basin..so European (German, Swedish, English), Native American, and African. People are always trying to figure out what I'm. I've had a black girl friend in the past. My wife is Asian. So never grew up with any issues when it comes to differences.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    ehhh don't really care.

you're young and you want to try new flavors so go at it.

my fav combo is asian men and black girl. cuz its so rare :)
    how could that work...?...doggy style is ruled out....how can you work with 2 inches

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    how could that work...?...doggy style is ruled out....how can you work with 2 inches
    Se

I like seeing them. They show far we've come as a society.

I don't consider myself racist because I don't have anything against other races, but I personally don't believe in interracial relationships.

Sleeping around is all fun & games, but to marry & have kids with other races just doesn't make sense to me. You tend to lose that culture that your parents / grand parents provided you with.

Your future grand children most likely won't even know your "mother tongue". What if your own parents don't really speak English? How will they communicate with your children?

Your family will be considered nothing but "american".

I've only been in relationships with sistas but I have had sex with white chicks, Hispanics.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    I don't consider myself racist because I don't have anything against other races, but I personally don't believe in interracial relationships.

Sleeping around is all fun & games, but to marry & have kids with other races just doesn't make sense to me. You tend to lose that culture that your parents / grand parents provided you with.

Your future grand children most likely won't even know your "mother tongue". What if your own parents don't really speak English? How will they communicate with your children?

Your family will be considered nothing but "american".
    My kids know both languages. They are american and japanese. They essentially have two cultures to draw from, two separate families to support them.

You can lose your culture marrying in your race too, it's a choice.

in 2012, people who worry about interracial marriage worry me. How ignorant can people be? That it's even worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    My kids know both languages. They are american and japanese. They essentially have two cultures to draw from, two separate families to support them.

You can lose your culture marrying in your race too, it's a choice.

in 2012, people who worry about interracial marriage worry me. How ignorant can people be? That it's even worth discussing.
    How old are your kids? Most of the time, they will gradually choose one side (japanese or american), possibly marry another american, and that's where the "japanese side" ends.

You don't often see people who are 1/4 of a race actually know much about that race, let alone speak the language or know their traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    How old are your kids? Most of the time, they will gradually choose one side (japanese or american), possibly marry another american, and that's where the "japanese side" ends.

You don't often see people who are 1/4 of a race actually know much about that race, let alone speak the language or know their traditions.
    5 and 2. And they speak both, understand both. My daughter loves both.

Interracial is not the problem with losing culture. You can marry someone of the same culture, same people in the same town and lose your culture if they don't follow it. You can also marry a person of an entirely different culture and keep your culture if they are into doing it.

Keeping away from another race to keep your culture is silly.

Local High School Star LongBeachLakers's Avatar

Been in a 3 year long interracial relationship. Never really thought about it, felt natural. I never felt anyone thought we looked odd together.

As far as losing my culture or my kids grandkids losing my culture I've always thought was foolish. The language and culture is always gonna be there. There's millions of people out there that speaks the language.

Quote Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
    Been in a 3 year long interracial relationship. Never really thought about it, felt natural. I never felt anyone thought we looked odd together.

As far as losing my culture or my kids grandkids losing my culture I've always thought was foolish. The language and culture is always gonna be there. There's millions of people out there that speaks the language.
    I've been in a 3 year long interracial relationship also, I feel people think we look odd together. This may be due to me being a 6'4 big ginger, and her being a 4'9 Cambodian.

NBA rookie of the year

I find topics like this disturbing..

Always the never-ending nonsense about culture, as if culture matters that much to start with.

I'm swedish and when I think about swedish culture I think of nothing at all, what matters for me is values, not culture. I couldn't care less if my partner would be from another country and culture, as long as she has the same values as me I wouldn't care.

My ex girlfriend was mixed, swedish and ghanaian. To start with, she was crazy good looking, swedish and african genes really complement each other. And the fact that she was half ghanaian was just really cool, we visited her family in Ghana a couple of years ago and it was a blast. My current girlfriend is also mixed, best person I've ever met.

Only an idiot would diss a female for culture.