Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #46
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,939
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
A lot of us have been Knicks fans all of our lives.
Not only that but their are more teams struggling at this point. This was a terrible off season for many teams. The east is terrible at this point. Only 4 teams have a good record the rest mediocre records or terrible teams. On the contrary in the West that conference is strong at the top and the middle.

The Knicks has only lost to 2 Eastern Conference teams and they havent played everyone in their division yet. Boston, Miami, Brooklyn arent still who they will be we dont think at this point.

I want the Knicks to feast now through all the adversity of the early season its good. But the team might have a transition incorporating Shump, Stat, Camby. I hope Woodson eases them back in through practice and minimize game minutes.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #47
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"
 
airchibundo507's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,520
airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
A lot of us have been Knicks fans all of our lives.

I probably would have been too if I had grown up in New York and been exposed to the Knicks from an early age. Unfortunately, I didn't have such a luxury, but having a favorite player instead of a favorite team doesn't make me any less a fan of basketball.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #48
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,939
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
I probably would have been too if I had grown up in New York and been exposed to the Knicks from an early age. Unfortunately, I didn't have such a luxury, but having a favorite player instead of a favorite team doesn't make me any less a fan of basketball.
But you are not a dedicated fan of the team. You didnt experience the travesties and failures. The empty promises. I wouldnt question your love of the game but I would question your loyalty to the team. You dont have the appropriate perspective to understand why all the apprehension and doubt. For this reason its already known you are not a Knicks fan but a PLAYER fan. Your opinion comes with a grain of salt in regards to the organization moves adjustments etc..... But as a basketball fan you may make valid points that can be respected.

Most of us Bleed for this you are a pseudo fan a faux hawk fan.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #49
Clutch
Stop flopping
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,329
Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
I probably would have been too if I had grown up in New York and been exposed to the Knicks from an early age. Unfortunately, I didn't have such a luxury, but having a favorite player instead of a favorite team doesn't make me any less a fan of basketball.
So that's your excuse ? I live like 4000 miles away from New York but the Knicks are the only team I've ever root for. I get up at 1-2 am almost every night just to watch the Knicks play.
Yeah,I'm often frustrated by their play and sometimes just want to send everything to hell but I watch like 95% of their games or even more despite them playing in the middle of the night.

You're either a real fan or not. You're a player fan. If Melo leaves the Knicks you would leave with him.
Real fan watches the team no matter who's playing for them.

Knicks often make me mad or frustrated but at the end there's no better feeling than watching your team win. Your team that you root for since you started watching the game.

I'm still young (I was a baby in the 90's) so this is the best I've ever watched the Knicks play. It actually feels weird winning so many games.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #50
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"
 
airchibundo507's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,520
airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
But you are not a dedicated fan of the team. You didnt experience the travesties and failures. The empty promises. I wouldnt question your love of the game but I would question your loyalty to the team. You dont have the appropriate perspective to understand why all the apprehension and doubt. For this reason its already known you are not a Knicks fan but a PLAYER fan. Your opinion comes with a grain of salt in regards to the organization moves adjustments etc..... But as a basketball fan you may make valid points that can be respected.

Most of us Bleed for this you are a pseudo fan a faux hawk fan.

Melo is the face of this franchise and he will retire a Knick. I'll be here awhile, get used to me. As for organization moves, I probably know how to properly build around Melo better than anyone on this board.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #51
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"
 
airchibundo507's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,520
airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
So that's your excuse ? I live like 4000 miles away from New York but the Knicks are the only team I've ever root for. I get up at 1-2 am almost every night just to watch the Knicks play.
Yeah,I'm often frustrated by their play and sometimes just want to send everything to hell but I watch like 95% of their games or even more despite them playing in the middle of the night.

You're either a real fan or not. You're a player fan. If Melo leaves the Knicks you would leave with him.
Real fan watches the team no matter who's playing for them.

Knicks often make me mad or frustrated but at the end there's no better feeling than watching your team win. Your team that you root for since you started watching the game.

I'm still young (I was a baby in the 90's) so this is the best I've ever watched the Knicks play. It actually feels weird winning so many games.

why the knicks? what first sparked your interest?
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #52
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,939
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
Melo is the face of this franchise and he will retire a Knick. I'll be here awhile, get used to me. As for organization moves, I probably know how to properly build around Melo better than anyone on this board.
Again you missed the point which further shows your not a fan. Your loyalty is to Melo not the past or future of the Knicks. Which makes most of your points no matter how insightful inconsequential. You do not have the best interest of the Knicks you have the best interest of Melo.

You may not have the capacity to understand the difference on any level by your responses.

No one can stop you really from posting here or anywhere without an egregious act. Just understand where the backlash comes from.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #53
Clutch
Stop flopping
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,329
Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
why the knicks? what first sparked your interest?
I don't know. Probably MSG and the crowd. When I first started watching NBA I was only able to watch few games a month. Some Knicks games I watched were interesting so I decided to watch them more. As time was passing I watched them more and more and my heart slowly started to beat for the Knicks.

Just a few years ago when League Pass came out I was able to watch every Knicks game. Before that I watched them on national TV (only a few games a year) and looked up for highlights on the Internet.

Even now they show only like 2 games a week in Croatia (and you have to pay for that channel). Luckily I bought League Pass so I can watch every game I want. You lucky American bastards. Don't have to pay anything to watch the NBA.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #54
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,939
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I don't know. Probably MSG and the crowd. When I first started watching NBA I was only able to watch few games a month. Some Knicks games I watched were interesting so I decided to watch them more. As time was passing I watched them more and more and my heart slowly started to beat for the Knicks.

Just a few years ago when League Pass came out I was able to watch every Knicks game. Before that I watched them on national TV (only a few games a year) and looked up for highlights on the Internet.

Even now they show only like 2 games a week in Croatia (and you have to pay for that channel). Luckily I bought League Pass so I can watch every game I want. You lucky American bastards. Don't have to pay anything to watch the NBA.
I streamed games while in Japan but I will try to find some more reliable way to watch the games. But sports schedules do not support 12-13 hour time differences.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #55
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"
 
airchibundo507's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,520
airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Again you missed the point which further shows your not a fan. Your loyalty is to Melo not the past or future of the Knicks. Which makes most of your points no matter how insightful inconsequential. You do not have the best interest of the Knicks you have the best interest of Melo.

You may not have the capacity to understand the difference on any level by your responses.

No one can stop you really from posting here or anywhere without an egregious act. Just understand where the backlash comes from.
The thing is, what's best for Melo is what's best for the Knicks---well except maybe if the Knicks were to move him for a better player, but right now there are maybe only 5-6 guys at most playing better than him and a trade for LBJ/KD/Paul/Howard isn't plausible. Melo is the franchise guy that the Knicks are counting on to lead them to a title, and the Knicks aren't winning a championship unless Melo plays to his full potential. Our goals mostly coincide, and you my friend are too shortsighted to see it.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #56
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,939
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
The thing is, what's best for Melo is what's best for the Knicks---well except maybe if the Knicks were to move him for a better player, but right now there are maybe only 5-6 guys at most playing better than him and a trade for LBJ/KD/Paul/Howard isn't plausible. Melo is the franchise guy that the Knicks are counting on to lead them to a title, and the Knicks aren't winning a championship unless Melo plays to his full potential. Our goals mostly coincide, and you my friend are too shortsighted to see it.
The indullable fact is your rationale is flawed and yes shortsighted because what's best for Melo isnt necessarily whats best for the Knicks as an organization. I knew you would come with that weak sauce rationale. There is nothing to gain from further discussions in this matter because no one wants you to be a Knicks fan (If I can take the liberty). No one is trying to convince you otherwise.

There is a mutual understanding that you like a player if traded/released/retire you can disappear. Therefore, no one cares about what you think or say for the most part in regards to the success or failings of this organization.

You take liberties with the "WE" stuff which doesnt exist because you are not a Knicks fan. You dont get coodles or props for your declarations in regards to the Knicks. Dont expect it, its undeserving and its not warranted.

In no way am I saying you shouldnt be allowed to share your opinion or it shouldnt be respected. Personally I read it but rarely respond to it because I see it as drivel. A necessary evil.

You dont represent the Knicks in any capacity.


I love the Knicks but I dont have a favorite Knick because its a team game. I dont even have favorite players from other teams. I am hardcore that way.

For example: You cant love Jordan and Love the Knicks because the goals are counterproductive!

These opinions shared here are not a representation of other Knick fans but Meeks alone.

Last edited by Rameek : 12-17-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #57
el gringos
Good college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,364
el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
The indullable fact is your rationale is flawed and yes shortsighted because what's best for Melo isnt necessarily whats best for the Knicks as an organization. I knew you would come with that weak sauce rationale. There is nothing to gain from further discussions in this matter because no one wants you to be a Knicks fan (If I can take the liberty). No one is trying to convince you otherwise.

There is a mutual understanding that you like a player if traded/released/retire you can disappear. Therefore, no one cares about what you think or say for the most part in regards to the success or failings of this organization.

You take liberties with the "WE" stuff which doesnt exist because you are not a Knicks fan. You dont get coodles or props for your declarations in regards to the Knicks. Dont expect it, its undeserving and its not warranted.

In no way am I saying you shouldnt be allowed to share your opinion or it shouldnt be respected. Personally I read it but rarely respond to it because I see it as drivel. A necessary evil.

You dont represent the Knicks in any capacity.


I love the Knicks but I dont have a favorite Knick because its a team game. I dont even have favorite players from other teams. I am hardcore that way.

For example: You cant love Jordan and Love the Knicks because the goals are counterproductive!

These opinions shared here are not a representation of other Knick fans but Meeks alone.
Amare and Felton and Kurt Thomas
For
Bargnani, Calderon, and Amir Johnson


Because it would be best for Carmelo. And the team game of the Knicks would improve
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #58
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"
 
airchibundo507's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,520
airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
The indullable fact is your rationale is flawed and yes shortsighted because what's best for Melo isnt necessarily whats best for the Knicks as an organization. I knew you would come with that weak sauce rationale. There is nothing to gain from further discussions in this matter because no one wants you to be a Knicks fan (If I can take the liberty). No one is trying to convince you otherwise.

There is a mutual understanding that you like a player if traded/released/retire you can disappear. Therefore, no one cares about what you think or say for the most part in regards to the success or failings of this organization.

You take liberties with the "WE" stuff which doesnt exist because you are not a Knicks fan. You dont get coodles or props for your declarations in regards to the Knicks. Dont expect it, its undeserving and its not warranted.

In no way am I saying you shouldnt be allowed to share your opinion or it shouldnt be respected. Personally I read it but rarely respond to it because I see it as drivel. A necessary evil.

You dont represent the Knicks in any capacity.


I love the Knicks but I dont have a favorite Knick because its a team game. I dont even have favorite players from other teams. I am hardcore that way.

For example: You cant love Jordan and Love the Knicks because the goals are counterproductive!

These opinions shared here are not a representation of other Knick fans but Meeks alone.

lol get off your high horse. yeah you have tenure as a knicks fan, doesn't make you any more knowledgeable as to what will improve the team right now and in the future. "no one wants you to be a knicks fan." who the hell are you? you think your color coded jargon is so much more insightful? get real.

Last edited by airchibundo507 : 12-17-2012 at 08:13 PM.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #59
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,939
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Predict our record

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
lol get off your high horse. yeah you have tenure as a knicks fan, doesn't make you any more knowledgeable as to what will improve the team right now and in the future. "no one wants you to be a knicks fan." who the hell are you? you think your color coded jargon is so much more insightful? get real.
Yes I am a Knicks fan you are a Melo fan. Its not about being more knowledgeable or even more insightful. Its about the love of the TEAM you dont!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #60
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vidi, Vici, Veni
Posts: 22,435
Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Predict our record

So here we are, with 10 games to go and the Knicks are 46-26. They'd have to go 9-1 in order to hit the 55-27 that I predicted , which probably won't happen.


If we get over 50 wins it'll still be a great season, considering all the injuries that we suffered.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy