Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #1216
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: -StroShow's Daily Poster Thread 2012/13-

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Yeah and I am posting, obviously in reply to the quoted text within the post, which was a reply to my original post saying that it was one of his best.

Agree to disagree, but I'm talking from experience in saying that dunk is extremely difficult to perform.

All of the dunks listed are extremely difficult to perform. But this is Blake Griffin we're talking about, here.

Anyway, I'll bring this up again in 15 years when this dunk never makes any of Blake Griffin's career top 10s.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #1217
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
All of the dunks listed are extremely difficult to perform. But this is Blake Griffin we're talking about, here.

Anyway, I'll bring this up again in 15 years when this dunk never makes any of Blake Griffin's career top 10s.

Yeah because casual fans watching a top 10 don't understand what a good dunk is.

But I agree it wont be top 10 in his career, but its better than an open alley oop or a tip dunk from behind. It will be in his highlight reels.
I can show you most of his dunks being done by Shawn Kemp or Larry Johnson or nique.
Struggling to think of a comparison to that one.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #1218
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #1219
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

DeRoZaN's dunk looks so crazy in screenshot form. I paused the youtube video like 50 times.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #1220
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Yeah because casual fans watching a top 10 don't understand what a good dunk is.

But I agree it wont be top 10 in his career, but its better than an open alley oop or a tip dunk from behind. It will be in his highlight reels.
I can show you most of his dunks being done by Shawn Kemp or Larry Johnson or nique.
Struggling to think of a comparison to that one.

Agree it's a unique dunk in every since. Maybe his only dunk of his career that had the power and flair we all want. Usually it's just throw it down as hard as possible or catch crazy oops.. but this one had just something special to it.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #1221
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Maybe his only dunk of his career that had the power and flair we all want.

Dude.

I'm.... dumbfounded. The first dunk of Blake's career with power and flair? Those other dunks I posted don't have power and flair?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 AM   #1222
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Dude.

I'm.... dumbfounded. The first dunk of Blake's career with power and flair? Those other dunks I posted don't have power and flair?

Most of them are 90 percent power. Like I said man it's personal preference, nothing to WTF.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #1223
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Most of them are 90 percent power. Like I said man it's personal preference, nothing to WTF.

Eh... I dunno man. Reverse alley-ooping is flair. Dunking off the backboard is flair. Spinning a 360 and dunking on a dude in transition is flair. Blake is a power dunker, sure, but he's plenty spectacular.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #1224
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Eh... I dunno man. Reverse alley-ooping is flair. Dunking off the backboard is flair. Spinning a 360 and dunking on a dude in transition is flair. Blake is a power dunker, sure, but he's plenty spectacular.

Trust me.. I'm a Clippers fan bro.. I know how great of a dunker Blake is. I know you stay up on dunks but you haven't watched every single play of Blake's career, I have. It's just one of my favorite dunks of his career. I feel it has a place in the top 10 depending on what you like. Most of his dunks he does nothing and occasionally stares. This one he gorilla flexed and showed some swag after.

A huge reason of why Shawn Kemp the GOAT level dunker to a lot of people is that flair. That showmanship. It was the ONLY dunk in Blake's career where I've seen him hang after a 1 handed power dunk and almost celebrate a dunk. It was just so fluid.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #1225
shoops
High School JV MVP

shoops has an OK reputation so far

Marcus Morris just got someone, not sure exactly who. Maybe Bogut.
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #1226
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Favorite =/= best. Stromile Swift on Josh Smith is one of my favorite dunks of all time. That doesn't make it better than Tom Chambers on Mark Jackson.

And if you're talking about his reaction to the dunk or whatever, yeah, that's a factor, but he didn't really even do anything. He looked badass walking away from it, but he didn't gets daps or point in the dude's face like Alton Lister. If he went buckwild like Kemp then I might agree with you.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #1227
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The sweetest part about that Blake dunk was how he still had enough power to jam it after changing hands and the way he grabbed the rim was special. How the iron rebounded showed you his strength.

I would love to see Lebron guard Blake in the post, I think he would bully James like no one ever has.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #1228
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Favorite =/= best. Stromile Swift on Josh Smith is one of my favorite dunks of all time. That doesn't make it better than Tom Chambers on Mark Jackson.

And if you're talking about his reaction to the dunk or whatever, yeah, that's a factor, but he didn't really even do anything. He looked badass walking away from it, but he didn't gets daps or point in the dude's face like Alton Lister. If he went buckwild like Kemp then I might agree with you.

Regardless.. you're underrating it a bit by saying basically it's nothing special or noteworthy. I agree though favorite is all preference.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #1229
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
The sweetest part about that Blake dunk was how he still had enough power to jam it after changing hands and the way he grabbed the rim was special. How the iron rebounded showed you his strength.

I would love to see Lebron guard Blake in the post, I think he would bully James like no one ever has.

Yup... the whole support system shook like crazy in a way I may have never seen since the backboard support changes, from a 1 handed dunk. Blake and Lebron have went H2H a bit and it goes as would be expected. Lebron is too fast and blows by Griffin at will.. but Griffin is too strong for Lebron and Lebron ends up fouling.

Blake is stronger though no doubt. The only player I've seen Blake not able to overpower in the paint at times has been Chuck Hayes who's impossible to move and I think Enes Kanter pretty much stopped him dead in his tracks when trying to back him down. Nothing to be ashamed of those guys are strong as fu**.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #1230
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Regardless.. you're underrating it a bit by saying basically it's nothing special or noteworthy. I agree though favorite is all preference.

It's a nice dunk. It was the Poster of the Day over a solid Courtney Lee jam and it'll be one of Griffin's top 10 dunks of the season... but that's it. It's not making any top 50 or 100 dunks lists or anything.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: