Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-23-2013, 05:37 AM   #1786
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Wavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this board
Default Re: -StroShow's Daily Poster Thread 2012/13 (DeMarcus Cousins Wins!)-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannywpt
Just wanted to let you know I appreciate the time you're putting into this thread. I never really have much to contribute with, so I just lurk around and read it every day. I'm sure there are many others who love this thread!

Yeah, this thread and your work doesn't receive the credit it is due. I check up on this thread every day. You do a great job, keep it up!
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #1787
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: -StroShow's Daily Poster Thread 2012/13 (Playoffs Begin pg. 119!)-

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Lopez got Noah early on I'm pretty sure, also Tony Allen caught a alley and someone tried to block it I think it was Ronnie.

I found a video of Lopez dunking on Nazr Mohammed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzo3SYfKhPI

Is that the dunk you're referring to?

Also, Tony Allen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LALlVRr-Ia8
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #1788
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: -StroShow's Daily Poster Thread 2012/13 (Mozgov Mozgov'd!)-

I'm going to assume that the Lopez dunk andremiller07 was referring to was the one over Nazr Mohammed. Furthermore, I will be rolling with Tony Allen. Ronny Turiaf was a bit of a late arrival, but a fair amount of contact eventually ensued, as did a swaggerish rim hang...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LALlVRr-Ia8

Note: No poster for Sunday. Sorry, Lance Stephenson, but I can't award a POTD for dunking merely in the vicinity of Kyle Korver.

Dunk rating on the Starbury Nastiness Scale:

7.5/10

PHP Code:
As Posterizer:
-
JaVale McGee (1)
-
Tony Allen (1)
-
None (1)

As
Posterized:
-
Andrew Bogut (1)
-
Ronny Turiaf (1)
-
None (1)

Throwback Poster of the Day: Amare Stoudemire overpowers a young Kosta Koufos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbO4hclK6F0
Old 04-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #1789
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
I found a video of Lopez dunking on Nazr Mohammed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzo3SYfKhPI

Is that the dunk you're referring to?

Also, Tony Allen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LALlVRr-Ia8

Yeah it was my bad for some reason I thought it was Noah
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #1790
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ill Will on Bogut 2 hands for saftey
Old 04-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #1791
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

No one is beating the Barnes reverse on one of the Nuggets bigs
Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #1792
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
No one is beating the Barnes reverse on one of the Nuggets bigs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLV3emrdHK4

Old 04-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #1793
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

A common knock against Harrison Barnes throughout his emergence into an NBA prospect was his supposed lack of athleticism. Barnes spent the duration of the regular season proving this notion to be quite unfounded; his one-handed dunk over Nikola Pekovic was a candidate for Poster of the Year, and he became one of just three rookies to record multiple POTDs. Now, in just his second Playoff game, Harrison has done something that few players ever do: dunk the ball backwards over a defender.

I could very well be mistaken, but the last true reverse poster, to my knowledge, was mashed by Mo Evans over Cheikh Samb in the preseason of 2008. A unique play indeed, and I believe that Barnes' dunk is even more impressive than Evans'. Note that Harrison dunked on his own defender rather than a late-arriving helper, and also that he took off on one side of the rim and finished on the other, directly over the hyper-athletic Anthony Randolph. Solely based on degree of difficulty I have to give this dunk a high score. Very impressive!

Dunk rating on the Starbury Nastiness Scale:

9/10

PHP Code:
As Posterizer:
-
JaVale McGee (1)
-
Tony Allen (1)
-
Harrison Barnes (1)
-
None (1)

As
Posterized:
-
Andrew Bogut (1)
-
Ronny Turiaf (1)
-
Anthony Randolph (1)
-
None (1)

Throwback Poster of the Day: Not sure what's more impressive: Eddie House making a pass to Tony Allen making the dunk...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEEpikpfJM
Old 04-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #1794
BuffaloBill
Catfish Billy

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That was ridiculous. Bad News Barnes.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #1795
Facades
I brick open layups

Facades has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Facades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #1796
KGMN
I score open layups

KGMN has decent reputationKGMN has decent reputation

Just for the record, Wilson Chandler had a nice poster on Andrew Bogut yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8qmNoaMdaI
KGMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #1797
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

A common knock against Harrison Barnes throughout his emergence into an NBA prospect was his supposed lack of athleticism. Barnes spent the duration of the regular season proving this notion to be quite unfounded; his one-handed dunk over Nikola Pekovic was a candidate for Poster of the Year, and he became one of just three rookies to record multiple POTDs. Now, in just his second Playoff game, Harrison has done something that few players ever do: dunk the ball backwards over a defender.

I could very well be mistaken, but the last true reverse poster, to my knowledge, was mashed by Mo Evans over Cheikh Samb in the preseason of 2008. A unique play indeed, and I believe that Barnes' dunk is even more impressive than Evans'. Note that Harrison dunked on his own defender rather than a late-arriving helper, and also that he took off on one side of the rim and finished on the other, directly over the hyper-athletic Anthony Randolph. Solely based on degree of difficulty I have to give this dunk a high score. Very impressive!
If only J.J. didn't jump so doggone early, VC might have been on that list too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1B_DawHlzE. And yes, I just used this topic as an excuse to post a Carter dunk, though Barnes' slam last night honestly brought that Vince dunk to mind right away, just in terms of watching someone jump off one foot and expecting a layup, only to randomly get a reverse two hand flush instead.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #1798
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Gerald Green just caught someone on a drive. I don't know who.. 6:30-ish left in the second.

From the replay it was on Smoove.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #1799
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGMN
Just for the record, Wilson Chandler had a nice poster on Andrew Bogut yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8qmNoaMdaI

I love this type of dunk. Two-handed power right in the grill.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #1800
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Gerald Green just caught someone on a drive. I don't know who.. 6:30-ish left in the second.

From the replay it was on Smoove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QST7zk13Uw
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: