Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #1021
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
Oh, please don't do it. I need to catch him in rebounds.
You setting other lineups in your favor is way too much

Remember FC, not everything about you.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #1022
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
sure do it for me. I'll pay attention if there's an injury or if I get offers with keepers that help me going into next year...

And here is why the bottom 3 on the chopping block is a great idea. Can't imagine anyone would object after seeing your behaviour.
Set your lineup for today. I've done it for tomorrow and beyond. Don't be that guy you are being.

Last edited by RapsFan : 01-26-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #1023
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Remember FC, not everything about you.
I know... it's by chance that every decision you take as the commissioner benefits you as a manager
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #1024
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
I know... it's by chance that every decision you take as the commissioner benefits you as a manager

Sorry man, having a GM set their lineup should be a given. You actually not wanting me to do that, becaue it benefits you, is exactly what you're saying I am doing. I'd hope you're joking around though.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #1025
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Sorry man, having a GM set their lineup should be a given. You actually not wanting me to do that, becaue it benefits you, is exactly what you're saying I am doing. I'd hope you're joking around though.
I don't want you to do it unless there is a rule that the commissioner will set lineups of inactive managers.
If you start setting his lineups I will finish the season with one point less in rebounds, while it won't affect your team at all. This is a fact.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #1026
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
I don't want you to do it unless there is a rule that the commissioner will set lineups of inactive managers.
If you start setting his lineups I will finish the season with one point less in rebounds, while it won't affect your team at all. This is a fact.
So basically you're saying player participation is a disadvantage for you.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #1027
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
sure do it for me. I'll pay attention if there's an injury or if I get offers with keepers that help me going into next year...
I don't know what's worse. This statement which falls right in line with everything i've been saying, or the fact that we're discussing a "chopping block" instead of eliminatimg the obvious source of the problem like what should've been done in the first place.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #1028
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
So basically you're saying player participation is a disadvantage for you.
I am saying that there are several teams that are not active enough, and that don't play all the games they should. It happens every season. And I don't like RF deciding what teams need intervention and choosing the lineups, because it had never been done and there is no rule saying that. And because, I don't know why, it always happens that his decisions as the commissioner benefits his team.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #1029
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
I am saying that there are several teams that are not active enough, and that don't play all the games they should. It happens every season. And I don't like RF deciding what teams need intervention and choosing the lineups, because it had never been done and there is no rule saying that. And because, I don't know why, it always happens that his decisions as the commissioner benefits his team.
But that's pretty much my point. I agree that inactivity is a problem for more than just Brwnman's team but the issue is essentially Brwnman. The decisions he's made, the tantrum he threw, and his statement that he has his keepers and is therefore finished for the year with participation. I'd say that rather than telling him to set his rosters, trying to force him to participate, or setting the rosters for him (which is a very weird thing for a commisioner of a fantasy league to do) just accept this season for what it is and either remove him from the league going forward or have a vote as to whether he stays or goes.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #1030
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

As far as this season is concerned, my season is toast. There have been other GMs in previous years who haven't participated and nothing has been done. I don't have a gripe if RapsFan wants to set my team for me. I will reply to trade offers if I think they are acceptable, or close to that. So I will stay active in that manner...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #1031
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^ I sent you an acceptable offer that included a 7th round Kenneth Faried and it sat on the table for quite some time with no response.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #1032
RapsFan
Great college starter

Come on FC, please stop making everything about you! Exactly as beast has stated, this is very specific to brwnman. We have a bitter GM who now to compound the issue, won't set his lineup. And shocker the guy he wouldn't play is Cousins. You are actually whining because it might cost you a point...and then in the same breath saying I am doing things only to help my team. A tad hypocritical? Once and a while look at it from a league commish shoes and not just about you. I didn't analyze the impact of brwnman actually being a positive addition to the league and setting the lineup and how it might help or hurt teams. Normally I would never step in and do this, but we never had a GM behaving this way either. It's one thing if a GM just goes AWOL.....but in this case, brwnman is making the conscious choice not to set his lineup because of continued spite.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #1033
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
^^ I sent you an acceptable offer that included a 7th round Kenneth Faried and it sat on the table for quite some time with no response.

you wanted Klay Thompson as well. not an acceptable offer. Cousins + Klay for Faried and Deng. I can't keep Deng unless I want him as a 3rd rounder. So pretty much I'm losing Klay for no reason. I also didn't reply to FC's joke of an offer. Nothing against you, but if I don't feel like it's worth it for me; I'm not gonna bother.

Also RF, thanks for more accusations. But I would think GM going AWOL is worse, because you just have a roster no one can make deals with AND he's not setting up his team. I make no effort to set my lineup because it doesn't matter to me for this year. If you guys want to kick me out, have a vote, whatever the case. I'm cool with that. Do what you gotta do. It's been 20+ pages of going back and forth; I'm tired of responding to ridiculous sh*t everyday.

sh*t like this
Quote:
And shocker the guy he wouldn't play is Cousins.

I also didn't play Jordan Crawford - I haven't changed my lineup in a while. It's not specifically to keep Cousins out; I just had no interest to change my lineup when I had already set my lineup with Derrick Williams in the lineup. You reversed the trade, fix my lineup. I don't feel obligated to do so - it doesn't affect my team going into next year. If you guys can't get that, or don't agree with it; I can live with that...
Old 01-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #1034
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Deng is a 5th round keeper not a 3rd. And that was a better offer than Nene for Cousins, you can deny a lot of things and play the victim card all you want but that's one that you can't deny that one because you dropped the guy after trading for him. You have every right to turn down the offer but to call that one "unacceptable" and your laughable one legitimate, I don't even know what to say man.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #1035
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Deng is a 5th round keeper not a 3rd. And that was a better offer than Nene for Cousins, you can deny a lot of things and play the victim card all you want but that's one that you can't deny that one because you dropped the guy after trading for him. You have every right to turn down the offer but to call that one "unacceptable" and your laughable one legitimate, I don't even know what to say man.

Deng will be a 3rd rounder for me. I have Wall and Rose as 4th and 5th rounders, respectively...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: